Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Just an Idea...Maybe a swap...photos added
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 12:23 PM
Just an Idea...Maybe a swap...photos added

I have a 2.8 acre corner parcel northwest of Mt. Shasta, in Siskiyou County California about 40 minutes from the Oregon border. It has expansive views of Mt. Shasta (especially Whitney Glacier), the Black Butte cinder cone, and 9000 ft. Mt. Eddy.

About an hour from the Mt. Shasta Ski and Board Park, but down out of the snow zone.

There is power and telephone on two side of the property, it has been septic perq'd., has a driveway and parking pad. The entire north property line 300+ ft, across Martin Drive, is USFS public land.

search Google Earth for *Martin & Nemeth, Weed, 96094* for the corner on the panorama below. Looking NE

Th bluff is the top of the property and the other two pix were taken from that top.

Just off the Neimeth, (west) side is a double doused well location near a transformer ready power pole. This location also "just" makes the map on some potential wind generation surveys.

It is for sale by owner asking $17,500, but I would be interested in discussing a swap for something in BCS.

For some reason the post photo box isn't up. I try to ad it next.

Hmmm, no luck. u2u me if you want pictures.

Here we go with photobucket...I think.

[img][/img]
[img]http://[/img]
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

[Edited on 9-20-2011 by vgabndo]

[Edited on 9-20-2011 by vgabndo]

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-16-2011 at 09:48 PM

Todos Santos. 99sq meter lot w/water & power. Nice area. Is Shasta cool/nice in the summer? u2u me. Tio
nbacc
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2011 at 06:32 AM

Shasta is soooooo nice in the summer. If you could have the best of both worlds you would be in Mt. Shasta during the the summer and in Baja during the winter,. /but not everyone can swing that. Just a wish. Nancy
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 11:59 AM

That was our plan exactly; and still is. We have just had to make a major readjustment of how to do it having lost most of the value I'd accumulated in my life to a necessary GOP adjustment of the country's wealth to the already wealthy.

This is all a bit more challenging having lost the 16 years invested in the first place in San Nicolas'. :no:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

Bill Kauth

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
. .....
having lost most of the value I'd accumulated in my life to a necessary GOP adjustment of the country's wealth to the already wealthy...

I feel for you, vag, losing something as dear as
Baja hurts deeply.....maybe I can help with some apt humor?

"Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic."

p.s. edit to mention I just got that good joke today..from a liberal amigo.

[Edited on 9-19-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 01:55 PM

sounds like you need to stop investing in Mexico and just stay in Shasta where it its safe.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 02:22 PM
Norte

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"
--Jonathan Winters

I'm nothing without my dreams.

Bill Kauth

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 02:54 PM

How about a Google Earth link to the property?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2011 at 08:15 PM

be you tee full photos !

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.