David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Blue, I hope he has success... Because he might not know the history that I know, I am sharing with him some SO HE CAN PREPARE FOR IT and SUCCEED.

Those who don't know their history are hard pressed to not repeat it!

Yes, your a legend in your old mind

Sad that if you knew something that could help a Nomad, you would sit on it... I don't think telling him about past airlines in Baja is some kind of secret. You do get high marks for rudeness, however! People come to Nomad to be informed and entertained... If everyone kept their mouths shut, it wouldn't be a very interesting place to be!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Vince
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 12:49 PM

gmata- You can do it. I have been flying to Baja since 1975 out of SD, but never for hire. There are 2 guys at Brown Field that fly people down there, they are separate and use Cherokee 6's. Kevin is one, he brings surfers down, stays with them for the 2-3 days and brings them back. Not complicated at all, just "sharing expenses". Another guy out of First Flight has been doing it for less than a year and really enjoys it.
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 01:58 PM

Gmata - you emailed me a few weeks ago but i have been out of town a lot on biz.

Its VERY hard to make it work - and here's why - you have to get DGAC approval in mexico city and they change their rules constantly. My buddy here worked 2 years on a permit to fly Cessna Caravans from Scottsdale to Rocky Point and Alamos on scheduled service and demonstrated he could make it work. DGAC told him the fee would be $20,000 US annually based on schedules and pax seats revenue.
When he went to Mex City to final everything they pulled him aside and started an extortion operation to get all the staffers properly paid which CHANGED the contract to $100,000 per fricking year which could not work. They completely lied to him and wasted his time and thousands of $$$ in his good faith due diligence.

Keven Warren has done this a long time and got all his permits early, plus he is/was married to a mexican licensed atty so she can make things happen.

Your best bet is to join Areo Calafia out of cabo and la paz and work for them. If there is good biz they smell it and make it work.

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
gmata
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 08:37 PM

Thanks all for your nice comments!

I will see what happens with time, I know few guys in Mexico city that might be able to give me a hand. If it dosen't work oh well i tried!

Please keep in mind this is still a very long term dream of mine, Besides going to school in phoenix right now, i own a charter business in La Paz, www.bajaspearfishingadventures.com as the name says we take people spearfishing to several destinations in Baja, right now we are struggling to buy a bigger panga since our 21 ft is too small for the amount of clients we are having.

If getting the permits is a huge hazzle then it would be cool to at least take my clients and some H&L fisherman down to Baja even if its not an scheduled flight.
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2011 at 09:36 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
Quote:
Blue, I hope he has success... Because he might not know the history that I know, I am sharing with him some SO HE CAN PREPARE FOR IT and SUCCEED.

Those who don't know their history are hard pressed to not repeat it!

Yes, your a legend in your old mind

Sad that if you knew something that could help a Nomad, you would sit on it... I don't think telling him about past airlines in Baja is some kind of secret. You do get high marks for rudeness, however! People come to Nomad to be informed and entertained... If everyone kept their mouths shut, it wouldn't be a very interesting place to be!:light:

I think it is probably more important for you to hear yourself relish in the old days, than it is valid information for someone who wants to stretch his entrepreneurial wings in today's global economy. Everyone here knows you are the Oracle of Baja, and if we disagree we will be censored, but I try not to repeat history.

Mexico has changed drastically and yes, there will be obstacles. but sometimes, not knowing the past, and jumping into the future, can make moving forward with a different idea more successful.

Again, go for it kid!

PS
You may have sent him to Wall Street to protest, "Da Man?"

PPSS, Please notate what you consider rude in my previous comments?

I don't know how politically correct I could be.

You need to start accepting criticism the same way you deliver it.

[Edited on 10-18-2011 by CortezBlue]

Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 01:17 PM
How did you find out?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
May your codpiece be the playground of a thousand mosquitoes.

It was just the one time and she came from a respected family.

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 10-18-2011 at 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
May your codpiece be the playground of a thousand mosquitoes.

It was just the one time and she came from a respected family.

Touché! I yield to your well-used...er...well referenced explanation. I'm sorry for the humble misunderstanding on my part. :rolleyes:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.