Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 07:18 PM

Sabor a Mi

MAGA
Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 07:23 PM

my dog howling around my house, thats what he does every time i leave him and i take off in my boat.:coolup:
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 07:27 PM

James Taylor: Mexico

Bachman Turner Overdrive: Roll on Down the Highway; Taken' Care of Business ("...people see you have'n fun, just a lying in the sun..."); and, naturally: Four Wheel Drive.

Eagles (many tunes)

Margaritaville is good, and Santana tunes, too.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

M_Man
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 08:13 PM

Buena Vista Social Club

Ol' Blue Eyes "South of the Border" The Capital Years w/ Nelson Riddle Orchestra

"Smuggler's Blues" Glen Frey

Is it "Treetop Flyer" Stephen Stills?
Don Alley
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 08:41 PM

la llorona
Mexray
Super Nomad

Mood: Baja Time

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 08:43 PM

Lots of J. Buffett's stuff....'Boat Drinks', for one...."I got to go where it's warm!"

BV Social Club, for sure to get the juices flowing!

Almost any 'upbeat' Latin sound...just can't sit still when those sounds start surrounding one's space!

...and of course, the sound a Mexican Beer makes as you crack open the bottle...takes me right back to a beach in Baja California...I'm a sucker for those great Corona Ads they play for us up here in the States...even though I'd rather pop open a nice, icy Pacifico - like no other!

According to my clock...anytime is \'BAJA TIME\' & as Jimmy Buffett says,
\"It doesn\'t use numbers or moving hands It always just says now...\"
Junior Nomad

Mood: Rings

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 09:10 PM

One of my Baja buddies had a Strunz & Farah tape that he brought along on every single Baja trip. And played. Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over... And that was just the first day.:lol: Finally on Sept. 13 2001 we were at Diaz's in Bahia de Los Angeles and thanks to some intense inebriation therapy, I was able to send the tape south with a Dutch couple driving to La Paz. My buddy agreed to it, but did not know what he agreed to until well into the trip home the next day.
It's a love/hate thing now. I hate Strunz & Farah but I love the memories it brings back.:yes:
mcgyver
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 09:24 PM

"Riding My Thumb to Nexico" Jonny Rodriquez, " Iv'e Got Mexico",Eddie Raven , " Take Me Down To mexico" Long Beach Dub Allstars, " Mexico" Elvis Presley, "Cortez The Killer" Niel Young,
" Mexico Road" K.T. Oslin, "I was born in Mexico Don Juan DeMarco, " Rodeo Or Mexico" Garth Brooks. and David K.s Favorite " Mexico " , James Taylor.

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 09:40 PM

I have a number of staple Baja CDs all depending on the mood I'm in or where I'm travelling to. Some of it loud and fast (Offspring, etc.) for the washboard or others relaxing and a bit introspective (Miles Davis) while others (Chris Isaak) for chilling at the beach. But, the music that brings Baja home the most is the blues. One of my favorite things to do in Baja is sit around a camp fire with a Ballena or two and listen to the blues. Life just seems to come together and make sense. Thus, after a few beers at home, all it takes is a Robert Cray song to come along and set me on my way.

Zac
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 09:46 PM

-Israel Kawakamaiole
-Uncle Tupelo
-Grateful Dead
-Johnny Cash
-Dave Alvin
Mike Humfreville
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-17-2004 at 10:57 PM

I am influenced by music in all aspects of my life so it's everywhere for me. Somehow the most beautiful artistic creation, no matter how moving, isn?t colored until it?s accompanied with music.

Some of us will name a particular song to answer your question. That tune will carry us back to Mexico because of a specific moment in time. I did it that way when we were living at Las Cuevitas with our young boys. The Irish flautist, John Galway, had a song that was popular back then, mid-'80's, called "Piper, Piper, Sing Your Song" I think. Our boys loved it and they would strut their stuff in the stones of the beach in time with the music, played nightly.

We listen to it still from time to time, the 4 of us, and reflect back over the summer we had there.

And there are two collections that come to mind, privately collected and money was not involved, that a number of the old Amigos board, now reconstructed by Doug and nomad, folks received from Brandi (and Etta and Mike) and Suzanne (and Pete and children). The former was a great collection of songs about Mexico-related music; the latter was build for a Fourth of July gathering at Geckos and starred Lee Greenwood. Aside from the music, not to abandon it at all, we should focus of putting these open-to-all gatherings back on the map.

Personally, I find myself reliving my times along the peninsular shores and deserts daily. Here, in Alta California, caused by my love for and attachment to Baja California, I often listen to romantic movie soundtracks that carry a common theme throughout the entire album. For example, soundtracks from "Out of Africa," "Cider House Rules," "Legends of the Fall," "Somewhere in Time," "Six Days, Seven Nights," "The Power of One," etc. and the list goes on. In a sense these movie compositions are spin-offs from classical music in that the theme is somewhat twisted and varied but remains intact throughout the life of the entire work. Since I buy, organize, take and listen to this music in Baja frequently, it takes me back when I'm not there. Sitting on a quiet shore after everyone else is sleeping, watching moon slip over calm water and hearing the distant splash of a diving bird over romantic music? It doesn?t get any better. Music takes me there and rarifies the moment.
Santiago
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 05:11 AM

"Mexican Girl" by Jackie Greene. Jackie is a young (23 yrears old) phenom from Placerville - check him out if you get the chance. www.jackiegreene.com
capt. mike
Elite Nomad

Mood: Sling time!

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 06:55 AM
baja

marimba band - all of 'em!

and all the rest of my extensive latin mood music collection.

the entire collection of robert rodriguez film music.

martin mull's tribute to "coyote ugly" ,
"i just drank enough 'till she looked good to me"

ah.....so much baja music....so little time to list it all......

formerly Ordained in Rev. Ewing\'s Church by Mail - busted on tax fraud.......
Now joined L. Ron Hoover\'s church of Appliantology
\"Remember there is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over....\"

www.facebook.com/michael.l.goering
Cardon Man
Super Nomad

Mood: !Al Chingaso!

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 07:39 AM

Steely Dan, My old School...."Hear the whistle but I can't go, gotta take her down to Mexico..."

John coltrane, Giant Steps

Mars Volta,Deloused in the Comatorium

King Crimson,Larks Tongues in Aspic

Marie-Rose
Senior Nomad

Mood: Worried...

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 08:48 AM
Favorite Mexico song

"That's why God made Mexico" by Tim McGraw
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

shocked.gif posted on 9-18-2004 at 09:04 AM
What Else

You got to have Chris Isaak's "Baja Sessions":tumble:
Also Buffet's "Barometer Soup" is the bomb when sitting in Mike's Bar (Loreto) around 10 o'clock at night;D

Through in some Eagles and "Lifes Good"
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 04:48 PM

all great selections-have most of 'em.
years ago, a fellow nomad and i were on a search for something "special".it was one of those hot, sweltering, pink asthma-nefrin afternnons.deep into a bottle of cazadores(i think)we were flyn' along out on the plano.petal to the metal with the grateful dead blaring-...."fire, fire on the mountain..." never found what we were looking for but somehow ended up with two hefty sized snappers that upon our return to camp, were thrown dierctly onto the fire...( turned out good!)anyway, there is a lot more to the story, but an adventure that will always be remembered and never repeated.anyway, that song really gets my spirit going....:spingrin:
A-OK
Nomad

Mood: faded

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 04:57 PM

The band ( CALEXICO ). All of their cd's are good but the newest one will make me black out and get into a cazuella trance.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2004 at 06:28 PM

yeah-calexico is cool desert music for sure....
 Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.