Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4
Author: Subject: Gun battle in Cabo San Lucas
choyero
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:10 PM

if you cut and paste the link it goes to the newspaper. if you click on the link it goes to maggies. Think there may be some hacking going on!

I dont have anger management issues, I have idiot management issues.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by choyero
if you cut and paste the link it goes to the newspaper. if you click on the link it goes to maggies. Think there may be some hacking going on!

Is Doug at Soccer practice today?? :lol:
JoeJustJoe
Banned

Mood: Mad as hell

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:42 PM

Quote:

If you followed my posts in the "OT" area. You would learn there are certain links from certain posters you should never open.

Maggie is in cohoots with certain Nomad members, and much of what she says is all just an act, although she is truly bi-polar.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:49 PM

Quote:

our comments are being taken word for word and posted as news.

WOW....Very cool. We've been plagiarized. I am sooo honored. I feel like a freakin' journalist....like Hemmingway, or.....Hunter Thompson. :biggrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe
truly bi-polar.

You mean, as opposed to all those people who fake it?? :O
Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 03:56 PM

Whatever.

"Over the years, the United States has maintained a bad track record in Mexico and Latin America as an Imperialist promoter of banana republics and a looter of Mexican and Latin American resources."

There is a great deal of truth in this comment. Seems to me that we have wasted our treasure in places such as Viet Nam and the Middle East, while ignoring the sleeping giant that lurks just South of us. Never understood why we have given short shrift to Latin America for so long.

Interestingly, I just read about several muti-national oil companies that are hugely optimistic about finding large reserves of petroleum in Cuba, and its surrounding waters. Anyone care to suggest what the US policy toward Cuba might be, if they hit a gusher?

That said, I'll repeat myself. BCS has been out of the line of fire of the cartel nonsense for years. Even crime, per se, is barely higher than it was before the tourism took a dump Like 1-2% higher than five years ago.. As I recall, there was an American shot and killed in the lobby of the Pueblo Bonito Rose last April. Other than that, crimes have been relatively petty.
Acuity
Nomad

Mood: Craving sleep!

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 07:28 PM

CABO SAN LUCAS, BCS, October 29 .- A left two people dead and three wounded, is up right now, the balance is reported in the shootings that occurred in this marina.

"It is confirmed, killed a Navy Lieutenant and a criminal, three policemen were also wounded ministry, which fortunately are out of danger," said Attorney General of the State, Gamil Arreola Leal.

The Attorney said that was in the first shootout, it was recorded at the edge of 24:00 hours yesterday, in the colony "Las Brisas del Pacifico", extending to the colony "The Deer", which was killed Navy lieutenant and one of the criminals, and two ministerial wounded.

Due to the magnitude of the shooting, members of the armed forces and the judicial police of the State, through loudspeakers asked the residents of such colonies were barricaded in their homes, to remain locked, as it were listening the shots.

There are reviews of yards from home, cars and people slowly returned to normal. Dozens of residents were caught in the crossfire. The evacuation of the area has been ordered. Some residents decided to leave their homes locked and move temporarily to homes of relatives in both low voltage.

At the edge of 13:50 hours today, again there was a significant mobilization of the Mexican Army personnel in the port, due to another shootout, but this time in the colony Arcos del Sol, adjacent to Plaza Sendero .

This confrontation led to personnel of the Armed Forces, Police and Municipal Ministerial, sheltering civilians in the stores that are located in the Plaza Sendero, including Soriana department store, it is surrounded by elements of Mexico's Navy, who made a call, especially to young people to abstain to take photos or videos with their phones.

Even a strong perceived nervousness of the civilian population was in the shops in the Plaza Sendero, which for two hours on closing their doors.

The road to Todos Santos and Aguajito Avenue, just off Plaza Sendero, have been completely closed to vehicular traffic as sporadic explosions are heard.

Later in the Plaza Sendero, Army troops evacuated all purchasers of Coppel stores, Plaza Sendero, Soriana, and those who were inside the premises both commercial and food stalls, for the hold area .

There are some scenes of panic, however, Municipal Civil Protection and rescue teams are sticking to people with mental breakdown.

"There was no hostage-taking, contrary to the armed forces to shield the population," said Gamil Arreola, who reported that there are no reported civilian casualties, "just know that a policeman was wounded with a grazed in the head, without major consequences. "
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-29-2011 at 08:22 PM

man...yup, that's where I would go...somewhere with low voltage and stick to people with mental breakdown.

seriously, how awful for Los cabos and baja sur and my condolences to the families of the downed warriors.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
baja1943
Banned

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by JoeJustJoe

If you followed my posts in the "OT" area. You would learn there are certain links from certain posters you should never open.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2011/10/cabo-san-lucas-heats-u...
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 08:58 AM

A sad day for Cabo and a sad day for Baja. These guys were running fromt he cops/military and ran into the store to avoid capture.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/

Iflyfish
classicbajabronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:39 PM

Anyone know if this is ongoing or is it a done deal. I am supposed to go to this part of cabo tomorrow.
JESSE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 02:54 PM

Some idiot drug dealers tried to move into the territory of the locals, stupid move, it aint going to happen in the previous year the G20 summit. Mex and Navy special forces are all over the place tracking them with orders of bringin them in as prisoners or as cow manure.

Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco
Anyone know if this is ongoing or is it a done deal. I am supposed to go to this part of cabo tomorrow.

Right now (Sunday afternoon) the Mexican military is all over colonia Cerro Los Venados doing a house-to-house search. Residents of the colonia have been told to stay indoors and the rest of Cabo has been ordered to stay away. This area is less than one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas
classicbajabronco
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:15 PM

Thanks mengano. where are you getting info? I'd like to follow this.

Guess my trip can wait. Don't feel like paying taxes tomorrow anyhow..lol
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mengano
Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco

Right now (Sunday afternoon) the Mexican military is all over colonia Cerro Los Venados doing a house-to-house search. Residents of the colonia have been told to stay indoors and the rest of Cabo has been ordered to stay away. This area is less than one mile from downtown Cabo San Lucas

Never having been to Cabo, how far is this area from the tourist zone?? I'm a little concerned for Jennifer Aniston.

measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 03:39 PM

Having a house in Cabo, many friends that live there all year long I am concerned. I will go down Tuesday and be there two months. Don't really know jennifer, don't think we would hit it off. But if it was your back yard you might think differently.

Our adopted family there were scared last night. But OK. Their kids are fine. I will ask them if jen stopped by...

I hope it does not increase....but it is Mexico
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 04:03 PM

Everybody can carry a gun except for me.:o It's against the law.;D I'm not gonna play that fool's game.:lol:
karenintx
Senior Nomad

Mood: Living The Dream

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 05:33 PM

The events that have taken place over the last 48 hours has caused the naive to sit up and take notice. Hopefully they will also pull their heads out of the sand.

We live close to Costco however we have friends that live about four block away from Friday night and Saturday afternoon events. They heard both the AK-47s and loud booms on Friday night but did not hear anything on Saturday (Soriana's parking lot). Today they are driving around the area going about their business like any other Sunday...none of us have heard "the rest of Cabo has been ordered to stay away."

If you are familar with CSL and driving from the bull ring, then the area in question is about two and half miles by car...as the crow flies maybe one and half miles.

Like Shari said "condolences to the families of the downed warriors".
measomsan
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 06:01 PM

condolences indeed. our hood is tight...the bull ring is a few ,,,,i think info sharing is
good...but you know...just in here beacuse I think info is good
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 10-30-2011 at 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by karenintx
They heard both the AK-47s and loud booms on Friday night but did not hear anything on Saturday (Soriana's parking lot).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ni7mLP_AHsU&feature=playe...

Pull up your chair and turn the volume up on your computer and you will hear something at Soriana's parking lot.

And here is a link to the notice from the authorities asking people to remain in their houses:

http://blogs.periodistadigital.com/hermosillo.php/2011/10/30...
 Pages:  1  2    4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.