Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: DONE DEAL - WANTED: KAYAK - FISHING PONTOON
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
I tried my neighbor's pedal kayak, but was not comfortable... just wasn't my style, I guess. And so it goes....

Check out the Porta--Bote's Guy.

Fold to 4", stable, take an engine if you want one, row well, 12' fit's in a E-250.

Pricey but good forever and great resale value.

Have fun, this may meet a lot of your needs.

Cisco

http://www.google.com/search?q=porta-bote&ie=utf-8&o...:official&client=firefox-a
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 03:04 PM

Quote:
I tried my neighbor's pedal kayak, but was not comfortable... just wasn't my style, I guess. And so it goes....

Different strokes for different folks. Would rather have my hands on a rod and reel than a paddle.:D
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 03:16 PM

Quote:

Not for you but since we are on the subject someone might want one of these.

http://www.woodenwidget.com/index.html
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 04:33 PM

Pompano I have a 12.5 porta-boat and 5HP 4 stoke available.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 07:00 PM

Quote:

Among some other Baaj Sur fishing holes, I'm headed to Mag Bay for...hopefully!...some fine fishing in the mangroves. I'm taking my fishing boat, naturally, but want to try some kayak-fishing, too.

THE PLAN: I silently sneak under the overhangs and cast to the wiley snook.

Anybody want to part with yours? Let me know your price and location.. ASAP.

I'm in the market for 1 or 2. Co-pilots are kayakers, too, y'know. Singles or doubles are okay. Need to be in good to excellent condition. Would need paddle/s, back rest, etc. Set up for fishing is a plus. If yours is...Pink..forget it.

Also looking for a 2-kayak roof rack..or more...complete and road ready.

Many thanks and Tight Lines!

[Edited on 12-2-2011 by Pompano]
:biggrin::cool:

[Edited on 12-3-2011 by BajaRat]

I come with the yaks P or the deal is off! Be down mid Decembre.

[Edited on 12-3-2011 by BajaRat]
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-2-2011 at 08:11 PM

Hah!...good comments all, many thanks.

Yes, Porta-Bote. I actually had a folding boat "Bote" a long time ago..when they had wooden seats and "wings" on the stern. Randy and I used it as duck boat, until it damn near drowned us in very cold slough in ND. I had a maximum rated 3hp kicker on it, and that crazy boat squirreled us all over the pond.

One good thing about that folding bote, though...seems they are VERY popular, even back when Randy and I almost drowned. I sold it for what I paid, and bought aluminum duck boat for less.

Suffice to say, I highly doubt I could convince Randy to ever put a foot in a foldboat again. Me? I'm game to try a new model...but first I test it out quite a bit more than that first one.

BTW...I bought a nice single kayak today, and might buy a 2-seater tomorrow from a nomad in south Orange county. We'll see.

edit to correct ...what else..an error.

[Edited on 12-3-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 12-5-2011 at 08:21 AM
Done Deal

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffg
For XXL's (like me too) you need to look at the wider yaks. Ocean Kayak's Malibu 2 is a good one, and can also be setup as a tandem for smaller folks. I use mine a single...

Another big beast is the Cobra Fish & Dive.

Good luck, boat shopping is great fun!

Egg-zactly, jeffg,

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Here's one of the two I ended up with: A Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 ..that I will repaint in pink. Using this as a single makes good sense to me. A milk crate type box for lunch & gear when no co-pilot is aboard.

I bought this kayak from a fellow nomad...Greg, a nice fellow, indeed, although a hard horsetrader. :yes:

Luckily, a good samaritan walking by helped nomad gallesram to load the kayak. Odd thing, he looked strangly familiar?? ;)

[Edited on 12-5-2011 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-5-2011 at 10:14 AM

Great meeting you Roger; I'll definitely swing by next April when I'm down and see how the kayak is faring. Have a safe trip back down.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.