Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Shipping Container
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:12 AM
Shipping Container

Hello everyone. I need to buy a 40 foot marine shipping container and have it delivered to San Lucas Cove. Where could I buy one (either Ensenada or La Paz I assume) and have it delivered? Thanks...

Damion
Oggie
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by drzura
Hello everyone. I need to buy a 40 foot marine shipping container and have it delivered to San Lucas Cove. Where could I buy one (either Ensenada or La Paz I assume) and have it delivered? Thanks...

Damion

There is a large storage yard of containers just north of Ensenada on HWY 1.

A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.
Knights of Pythagoras

Funny how falling feels like flying
for a little while - Bad Blake
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oggie
Quote:

Damion

Thanks.. Do you have any specifics on the company? I would like to contact them for pricing etc..
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damion

Thanks.. Do you have any specifics on the company? I would like to contact them for pricing etc..

Here you go:
Maersk Line, Ltd
Service point: Ensenada International Terminal
Address:
Blvd. Teniente Azueta 224
Interior del Recinto Portuario

Zip:

City:
Ensenada, Baja California

Country/territory:
Mexico

Phone:
+52 646 178 8801
+52 646 178 8802
+52 646 178 8803

Fax:
+52 646 178 8804

Email:
General Information (ortiz.gonzalo@enseit.com)

Bob Durrell
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Damion

Here you go:
Maersk Line, Ltd
Service point: Ensenada International Terminal
Address:
Blvd. Teniente Azueta 224
Interior del Recinto Portuario

Zip:

City:
Ensenada, Baja California

Country/territory:
Mexico

Phone:
+52 646 178 8801
+52 646 178 8802
+52 646 178 8803

Fax:
+52 646 178 8804

Email:
General Information (ortiz.gonzalo@enseit.com)

I've already contacted Maersk and they do not sell containers. Maybe I'll contact them again and get lucky...

[Edited on 12-30-2011 by drzura]
byoungquist
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 03:13 PM

Drive into the into the storage container facility north of Ensenada, Go towards the end of the road, On the right side there's a parking area and a small office. They'll show you refurbished shipping containers, e.g., 40' High Boy: about $5800, plus shipping.

Bob

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by byoungquist
Drive into the into the storage container facility north of Ensenada, Go towards the end of the road, On the right side there's a parking area and a small office. They'll show you refurbished shipping containers, e.g., 40' High Boy: about $5800, plus shipping.

Bob

What is done when they refurbish a container.... Install a pull up door, ventilation, paint?

J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Bob

What is done when they refurbish a container.... Install a pull up door, ventilation, paint?

From the looks of some of them out there it would be self explanitory they are pretty banged up:bounce::bounce:

[Edited on 12-30-2011 by J.P.]
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-30-2011 at 07:17 PM

Not to long ago in Loreto someone was selling various sizes of shipping containers. He was located in back of Domingo's and the new hotel. They were there for inspection and I do not remember the price but I think it was lower than the $5,000 range discussed here.

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

byoungquist
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 03:39 AM

There in good shape, paint, flooring, etc, Transporting to San Quintin was quoted as $300.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 05:44 AM
mmmmmmm,, why??

drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Not to long ago in Loreto someone was selling various sizes of shipping containers. He was located in back of Domingo's and the new hotel. They were there for inspection and I do not remember the price but I think it was lower than the $5,000 range discussed here.

Were these the 40 foot or 20 foot models?
drzura
Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw

Would you happen to have the phone number/name for the company? I will be flying in to San Diego from the east coast and driving down (sometime in April or May). I would like to get the details/logistics set up prior to me coming out there. Thanks all.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 10:08 AM

I'd bet you've already seen this, but if not, it may be good for some comparitive pricing:

http://www.tsicontainers.com/
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 12-31-2011 at 07:03 PM

I thought that they had some 40 footers, but not for sure. I know they had 20 footers, so would 2 -20 footers work?

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 10:09 AM

FWIW -I got 5 bids last month for containers delivered to San Diego. These are wind and weather . tight. Prices did not vary much. 20' - 1700 to 2100usd, and 40' 1900- 2600 usd. Delivery and unloading $500 for one 40 or same for 2 -20s. Delivery from TJ to Mulege $500-600 for one flat bed. Not including unloading. I do not know the import fee yet, but have been told it is 11 percent of invoice. More info coming on that. I'm also trying to get prices from Ensenada.

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 10:26 AM

We have several of these boxes. In Oakland ca they sell for around 2200 BEFORE the market crash. I dont see any box being over $2500 no matter where you live.

http://weburbanist.com/2008/06/01/more-cargo-container-homes...

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 10:43 AM

Bob and Susan - A driver for one of the importers gave me the $500 price. He suggested posting a request in the truck stop restaurant by the Pemex when I was ready for delivery/pick up. Victor at Pepe Yees is also getting me a price, but thought he can have it done for $500. Also, ACV may be able to handle the import and delivery. ACV is 11% import fee and about 15% broker fee and delivery, but it is negotiable. ACV can also pick up and deliver from Ensenadia. All said and done, it would be cheaper and less hassle to find containers on this side of the border (Mex side)

mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willyAirstream
Bob and Susan - A driver for one of the importers gave me the $500 price. He suggested posting a request in the truck stop restaurant by the Pemex when I was ready for delivery/pick up. Victor at Pepe Yees is also getting me a price, but thought he can have it done for $500. Also, ACV may be able to handle the import and delivery. ACV is 11% import fee and about 15% broker fee and delivery, but it is negotiable. ACV can also pick up and deliver from Ensenadia. All said and done, it would be cheaper and less hassle to find containers on this side of the border (Mex side)

How can they do it for $500? Fuel alone would be more than $500 for the drive from TJ to Mulege.
ElCap
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-1-2012 at 12:53 PM

Aren't there still lots of trucks hauling scrap metal from BCS north to Ensenada? I imagine that if they would rather make the return trip south with a paying load rather than empty. a 20' container would easily strap on one of those flatbead trucks. Win-win costwise - maybe someone here has some ideas how to investigate.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.