Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: New Growth on Patio? - Co-Pilot Explains
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 08:37 AM
New Growth on Patio? - Co-Pilot Explains

WEIRD HAPPENINGS ON MY PATIO…I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

Warning, you are about to enter The Baja Twilight Zone:

Once upon a time, long, long ago in a far, far distant place, in a different dimension and time...there existed a duplicate universe...where La Co-piloto and I had this discussion on our Baja patio:

Pompano:

"Hey bright-eyes, I heard more stuff today on the tube about more government bailouts, unlimited spending, and the 'New Growth' that's gonna happen in Baja. What's your take on that?

Of course, I realize that maybe you just..'No comprende'?, so no sweato."

Co-pilot:

"Hmm?...

Well ..'TESORO'.. I think you mean the USA ....not Baja. (..ah, mama mia..sigh.. fuori come un balcone..)

And...being a foreign person, naturally I am not privy to US policies or it's future plans, but I do try to keep up with current world economic trends. For instance, I know that 'New Growth theory' studies economic growth. Called 'new' because unlike previous attempts to model the phenomenon,the new theories treat knowledge as 'at least partly endogenous.' R & D is one path.

One good source, Hulten, says that the new growth theories have the new assumption that the marginal product of capital is constant rather than in diminishing as in the neoclassical theories of growth. Capital often in the new growth models includes investments in knowledge, research and development of products, and human capital.

Perhaps you have read his treatise...

…ah, but wait… I realize you prefer plain, straight-forward pictures. So.. I will show you thi...

.??..."Mama mia!

Pompano! You snore when I talk?! Wake up and listen!

And don't slouch in your lounge. Are you now Salvatore?

Sometimes you drive me crazy!

So ..now pay attention to me...andiamo.

Look here in your own front yard. See those new little shoots springing up. That's not New Growth, but a continuation of proven successes. Those are hardy plants and will do well.

Over-fertilizing is a common mistake. Piove sul bagnato. "

Pompano:

"Huh?..

...Jeez...Pretty heavy there, kiddo.

Best you lighten up.....and have another cup of Chateau Las Tuesday. Forget those sissy wino glasses.

Ahhh…that’s better…

Hey, tesoro... Whaddya think about those Vikings?!"

Co-Pilot:

"...sigh...just take me to a soccer game… and try to stay awake, okay? Peli sulla lingua

Grazie……. 'bright-eyes'."...

[Edited on 1-13-2012 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 08:50 AM
Pompano

Taken from the pages long past as spoken by the 'Thunder God"

Love it!

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 08:58 AM

She taught you quite a bit of Italian. I'm impressed.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 09:52 AM
pompano

hola,,,Is that from coyote bch,bahi coception ??? K&T
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 09:55 AM

Looks like you may have the beginnings of your own personal palm grove.

Is there a particular date eating bird that likes that bush nearby?
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
hola,,,Is that from coyote bch,bahi coception ??? K&T

Yes, from about the center of Coyote Bay, Bay of Conception.

Quote:
Originally posted by KaceyJ
Looks like you may have the beginnings of your own personal palm grove.

Is there a particular date eating bird that likes that bush nearby?

Yes, most all birds, exceptions are marine fish/flesh eating types..and all the chipmunks, pack rats, mice, and me.

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 10:57 AM

Excellent, Pompano----------just EXCELLENT!!!!!!

(as usual)

Barry
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 11:41 AM
pompano

HOLA,nice place/pics...I thought that looked,like some place Iveseen before,,do/did you own a livingston ??
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 12:11 PM

Great Roger!:bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 01:47 PM

wow!

Just wow!

And the words were good too!
GLNaeve

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 02:39 PM

Roger--Pompano!
Been neighbor for a while, you have always contibuted the best "beach logic" on the playa.
Now, if you could talk "Co-Pilot" into just walking by 4 properties south of yours, I'd be down in a heart beat to check on the house. Perhaps take up full time residence
I would also, I would bring a boat load of "Lucerne French Vinalla Coffee Creamer" for you! Perhaps that is not enough of a bribe.....LOL
Best Wishes and Happy New Year!
Gary
Pompano
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-5-2012 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GLNaeve
Roger--Pompano!
Been neighbor for a while, you have always contibuted the best "beach logic" on the playa.
Now, if you could talk "Co-Pilot" into just walking by 4 properties south of yours, I'd be down in a heart beat to check on the house. Perhaps take up full time residence
I would also, I would bring a boat load of "Lucerne French Vinalla Coffee Creamer" for you! Perhaps that is not enough of a bribe.....LOL
Best Wishes and Happy New Year!
Gary

Hola, Gary!...and Welcome to Baja Nomads forum. Glad to see you here. I know you have many years of stories and hands-on facts to share about Baja and living in Coyote Bay.

I know..I know..like me, some events ..ahem...you best keep to yourself. :rolleyes:

Rae, of course, was one of my all-time favorite Baja characters...she is sorely missed, but always remembered with a smile. When I/we scattered her ashes at Dead Dog Cove at Barga Island, there wasn't a dry eye or a frown in the bay. She and I shared a love of Thoreau's poetry, especially 'Walden Pond'...a lot of Baja there.

Dead Dog Beach..also known as Lover's Cove, Nude Beach, Eden Beach, etc...a place where lovers still go. Rule of thumb, if it's occupied when you arrive, you leave the couple in peace.

I have some other great photos of those days, too. The calm surface of the cove was dappled with red, purple, and orange with all the bougainvilla blossoms. A beautiful, happy- solemn day of rembrance and farewell from the dozens of boats attending.

Hasta la vista y Happy New Year, Gary..please say Hi to your family. We'll be looking for you in Coyote, neighbor... and will give you directions to Panama, too...the fishing is like Baja...40 years ago! Forget the creamer...Baja has changed, it's in stock at Saul's!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.