Pages:  1    3  
Author: Subject: San Quintin: Another dead gringo
Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Eugenio
The demograhics of these cities are also facts. Isn't that what racists do? - they make associations without stating their real view?

Wow, that statement alone adds volumes to the understanding of the mind-set of some. You say, "Isn't that what racists do?" You have GOT to be kidding--------talk about a no-win situation---------when people make these outragious assumptions about others "intentions" then nobody can possibly win.

I submit that you cannot have any factual idea what others are "intending" by their statements other than what they actually say, and by doing so you corrupt any possible meaningful dialogue!!!

Barry
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 01:07 PM

It WAS a "straight-line"... :lol::lol:

Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
It WAS a "straight-line"... :lol::lol:

Well, maybe----------------but I did not start the stray. However, being a humble guy, I will back away and let the thread straighten up again (if possible). :lol:

Barry
Eugenio
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Baja Bernie
Please see the attached link an then decide if things are 'really' so bad in towns like San Quintin or any other place in Baja.

No camping or logic here just a video of Detroit...USA

http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=krpVJ4FYGW0&feature=related

Do you think the death of a 90 year old would even be noticed in this City?

There is a lot more to the video presented by Baja Bernie than facts - there's "twist". Did you see any "nice" areas of Detroit in the video. Does that mean that nice areas of Detroit don't exist? Are there more "nice" areas in Detroit than "not nice"?

If you are limiting yourself to "facts" from videos and don't recognize "spin" then God help you.
bajabass
Super Nomad

Mood: Want to fish!!!

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 01:54 PM

Detroit has been trying to renew itself for 40 years. There are some very nice, exclusive areas outside of town, though most of Detroit proper is a hellhole!

Keep your eyes on the road, and your hands upon the wheel!
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 05:28 PM

On the positive side, I have never heard of the Baja Butcher, or the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer or Ed Gein in Mexico, seems like serial killers prefer the US...Juan Corona doesn't count, he did his dirty work in California..USA!!!
bajatravelergeorge
Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 05:54 PM

Rest in peace Wallace James Medeiros. I didn't have the pleasure of knowing you, but I feel a kindred brotherhood to you because of our shared love of Baja. I hope those responsible burn in hell.
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
On the positive side, I have never heard of the Baja Butcher, or the likes of Jeffrey Dahmer or Ed Gein in Mexico, seems like serial killers prefer the US...Juan Corona doesn't count, he did his dirty work in California..USA!!!

Dont tell us you never heard of the Stew Maker :o:O:O
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:03 PM
Caldo de Res???

Ha Ha..no please tell me about it...I love Caldo de Res..I hope I never ate in his restaurants...:barf:
Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.
Quote:

Dont tell us you never heard of the Stew Maker :o:O:O
Barry A.
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:04 PM

Nalley's or Dinty Moore???
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
There may also be more to this because before Wallace James Medeiros moved to Baja he, and 3 others, were convicted of conspiracy; computer and mail fraud; making, receipt, and transfer of a false obligation of the United States;1 and theft of government funds (in the amount of $9.5 million

COULD be his past caught up with him.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://bulk.resource.org/courts.gov/c/F2/899/899.F2d.1226.36...

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by durrelllrobert]

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by durrelllrobert]

[Edited on 1-9-2012 by BajaNomad]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

cool.gif posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:07 PM
Dinty Moore???

Doesn't sound Mexican to me...
Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:12 PM

Quote:

Doesn't sound Mexican to me...

How about Pablo Pozolero??
J.P.
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry A.

No it was Cartel Victum's disolved in drums of acid.:barf::barf:
Baja Bernie
`Normal` Nomad Correspondent

Mood: Just dancing through life

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 07:18 PM
Boy oh Boy!

All I was attempting to do is show that Baja is no more dangerous, and in my mind much less so that many, many American cities. The fact that I picked Detroit was to show the rapid decay of many cities in the United States and that with this decay the reality of life becomes more and more brutal…not less.

I guess in retrospect that I would have preferred to remain ignorant of this sad death (s) and would have so had it not been for the original post by Mengano. What his motivations were I have no clue but to subscribe them to racism would truly be absurd on my part.

I will also say that the words—ignorant, racism, and absurdity are rather hot words that should not be bandied about as easily as they are by a few.

Mengano…to David K…”As if how you feel somehow correlates to reality.” These are rather harsh words for one who cloaks his words with the term logic. Do you think the death of a 90 year old in Baja would even be noticed in Iceland? Tahiti? The Kamchatka Peninsula? I'm just pointing out the absurdity of your statement, Bernie.

Please note that my “statement” was clearly NOT a statement BUT rather very pointed question. Mengano, look to your ‘logic’ sir!

Eugenio. I thank you for saying you do not think that I am a racist—but how do you know that for a fact?

Originally posted by Eugenio
The demograhics of these cities are also facts. Isn't that what racists do? - they make associations without stating their real view?

Response by Barry
Wow, that statement alone adds volumes to the understanding of the mind-set of some. You say, "Isn't that what racists do?" You have GOT to be kidding--------talk about a no-win situation---------when people make these outrageous assumptions about others "intentions" then nobody can possibly win. I submit that you cannot have any factual idea what others are "intending" by their statements other than what they actually say, and by doing so you corrupt any possible meaningful dialogue!!!
Barry

Barry I totally agree with your well thought out comments

Okay! so here is what I think/feel (and hope know) most of the gringo’s that I have met are not racists but rather they care more for their fellow man whether they be Black, Brown, or any other color one might choose than most..

It is sad that an old man was killed but it is a ‘fact’ that most of us have had to deal with during our lives. As a retired cop I would be more inclined to believe that the increased drug use, mentioned on other posts, in San Quintin will be determined to be the trigger to this senseless murder.

It is so sad that a few find it so easy to call others racists when they have little or no knowledge of the people involved.

I’ll now take paaranewhi’s advice and ignore the sentiments of one or two folks on this board. If I did not know better I might place the label of bigot on Mengano. But because I am a logical and thinking person I would never draw that conclusion at this point.

Viva Nomads…one and all

My smidgen of a claim to fame is that I have had so many really good friends. By Bernie Swaim December 2007
yellowklr
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 07:49 PM

I've always felt safe in Baja except the morning when two guys in a SUV tried to block my truck in, jumped out and pointed 45's at me...........really other than that I've always felt safe in Mexico. My incident of almost dying in Baja in 07 has
taught me to be extra careful................
Just don't tell me its just as safe as California or Nevada etc...............BS!

Derek
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 07:54 PM
yellowhr

HOLA,,a little more ,info ?not a book,,just a bit,more,,so,my small mind,can file it in the right,, file/cell,,,thank's K&T
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 07:59 PM

Safety is yours until something bad happens. Never know when another human will act like an animal. Be prepared for the worst and hope for the best. If something bad does go down, try to survive, whether you're car jacked, mugged, or beaten. My daily routine involves many shady areas of LA. When in Baja I worry about cops and the random violence I read online. But I don't give a crap. Beautiful destinations lead me and if I die from violence -- I'm dead. I won't read about it. Screw it all!

I love Baja!

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 08:17 PM
yellowkr

I ,find baja sur,to be a whole ,hellof a lot safer than calif..I cant say about navada,,but calif.--I am a lost ,for word;s but,no guessing,just the fact's as I read um,,want to go spend a little bit of time in salinas,oakland south stockton,,I could names places all over calif. that you would not want to even drive thru,,,,I wont argue,,But I drive,,all over this part of the world,and I AM a REAL nomad,by all means....If ,you are like most ,american's ,that watch the boob tube,,I will understand your opinion,,ME.I travel,and fish and yes I do work, (mobile mec/elec) IM sorry you had a gun (rare) pulled on you,,and you,lived,,to talk about,,,but,how ,the hell can you say,,with a straight face,,calif is safer,,I dont get it,,Maybe ,its like airplane's... One wreck's & it's all,,over the new's..THE only problem,That ,I personally,have had SOB,is a drunk,and 99 percent of the time,a gringo:cool:
Mengano
Banned

[*] posted on 1-9-2012 at 10:31 PM

Quote:

You have got to be kidding!! You never heard of El Pozolero? "El Pozolero del Teo." The guy who dissolved over 300 people in lye. He did it right in your neighborhood. You didn't hear about the 72 Central American immigrants killed all at one time near Tamaulipas? You need to get out and around more.
 Pages:  1    3  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.