Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Mexico's Leading Candidate Admits Two Affairs
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 08:54 AM
Mexico's Leading Candidate Admits Two Affairs

http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/22036/Mexico-s-leading-c...

MEXICO CITY – Mexico’s leading presidential candidate dropped a bombshell, admitting in an interview that he fathered two children with two different women during his marriage to his late wife.

Enrique Peña Nieto told a reporter that he faced a crisis in the sixth or seventh year of his marriage to Mónica Pretelini and that he sought love with other women.

The revelation once more detonated a torrent of criticism of Peña Nieto, a handsome former governor of the state of Mexico and the virtual candidate of the conservative PRI party.

Last month at an appearance at a leading book fair in Latin America, he could not easily name a single book that had influenced his life. Days later, in an interview, he did not how much items such as tortillas and meat cost ordinary citizens.

In the interview published Sunday in the national newspaper El Universal, Peña Nieto acknowledged to reporter Katia D’Artigues that he had two affairs during a marital crisis.

“It’s not an excuse nor an easy way out to say ‘because of a crisis’ I had another relationship. But it is what happened to me,” he is quoted as saying. “I had another relationship, which produced a son.”

He said that he told his wife about the affair during the time he was governor, from 2005 to 2011.

“Monica knew about this matter very well, what had happened outside of our marriage,” he said. “It was not easy. It was a crisis which, later, I think, helped bring us together. I can say she was stable when she regrettably lost her life.”

His wife died on in January of 2007 of cardiac arrest, reportedly the result of an epileptic seizure.

The candidate said he was not close to the son who was born outside of his marriage, adding that he had made sure to financially support him.

“And there was another baby who died,” the reporter told him.

“It’s true,” he told her. “During this stage, during those moments in our marriage, there was another relationship that produced a baby boy, who developed a health problem a year later. He had a malignant tumor and lost his life.”

In November of 2010, Peña Nieto married soap opera star Angelica Rivera in a glamorous wedding that captured the nation’s imagination. They blended their households – each had three children by a previous marriage.

Polls last year put the photogenic candidate ahead of other contenders for the presidential election, to be held this summer. It not known at this point what effect his stumbles in December and his admission this week will have on his bid to be Mexico’s next leader.

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 08:57 AM

I just think its funny where he said:

"that he faced a crisis in the sixth or seventh year of his marriage to Mónica Pretelini and that he sought love with other women."

So in his mind he was thinking, "I'm facing a crisis with my wife, I think I'll go find some love with other women". Just sounds funny......:?:

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo

"that he faced a crisis in the sixth or seventh year of his marriage to Mónica Pretelini and that he sought love with other women."

So in his mind he was thinking, "I'm facing a crisis with my wife, I think I'll go find some love with other women". Just sounds funny......:?:

That's always the excuse. Some guy's just can't keep their "johnsons" in their trousers.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:02 AM

the north american "union" will be complete if gingrich wins!

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:07 AM

"The other woman" is part of the Mexican culture. That he admits his indiscretions is what makes this a "bombshell" in Mexico.

Jeeezo....Edwards-----Cain----Gingrich----Clinton----Kennedy.....the freakin list is endless.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:08 AM

Maybe they (Gingrich and Peña Nieto) can exchange strategies
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Maybe they (Gingrich and Peña Nieto) can exchange strategies

These dirtbags would have more likely exchanged bimbos.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
the north american "union" will be complete if gingrich wins!
:lol:

THAT was funny!:lol:

[Edited on 1-24-2012 by ateo]

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 10:18 AM

It was a big crisis, he had two affairs.

Quote:

[Edited on 1-24-2012 by rts551]
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 02:45 PM
ONLY TWO AFFAIRS

In the Mexican culture having mistress is just the way it is,

his business associates must be laughing their tails off for only having 2
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

He fathered children with 2 different women but he doesn't say how many women he "sought love with". I would imagine there were more or maybe it was just his bad luck to knock up the only two he slept with. It goes to show you he's not the sharpest pencil in the drawer, that's for sure:?:
No pun intended:lol:
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

He fathered children with 2 different women but he doesn't say how many women he "sought love with". I would imagine there were more or maybe it was just his bad luck to knock up the only two he slept with. It goes to show you he's not the sharpest pencil in the drawer, that's for sure:?:
No pun intended:lol:

this I agree with, he needs to get a new pencil sharper
Dave
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2012 at 05:13 PM

So...how many Nomads can actually can vote for Peña?

Five...less? :rolleyes:

Bajafun777
Super Nomad

Mood: Enjoying Life with Wife In Mexico, Easy on The Easy

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 02:04 AM

Politicians get lonely and they serve so many hours and days without any breaks, so doesn't it only seem fair that they get to practice sex to be better back home when they get there?LOL OK, nobody buying that one but it never fails that the ones slamming others when in positions of trust, just turn out to have as much dirty linen to hide as the those they are slamming. Honesty and Politician cannot be used in the same sentence at anytime these days. Now, in Mexico and USA we have to put up with all of the political B.S., as these crooks all try to get into office or to keep an office. Bah, just hate election times!! Take Care & Trave Safe----"No Hurry, No Worry, Just FUN" bajafun777

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 02:36 AM
Affairs...

Don't you guys see the brilliant political strategy here? Its a win win situation...the Mexican men will love this guy because it will reinforce the macho society and justification for having mistresses on the side, and the women will love it because they might have a chance themselves with this guy...all in all, this guy is a sure shoo-in for the next President, besides...at least he is telling the truth from the get go...
Quote:
http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/22036/Mexico-s-leading-c...

MEXICO CITY – Mexico’s leading presidential candidate dropped a bombshell, admitting in an interview that he fathered two children with two different women during his marriage to his late wife.

Enrique Peña Nieto told a reporter that he faced a crisis in the sixth or seventh year of his marriage to Mónica Pretelini and that he sought love with other women.

The revelation once more detonated a torrent of criticism of Peña Nieto, a handsome former governor of the state of Mexico and the virtual candidate of the conservative PRI party.

Last month at an appearance at a leading book fair in Latin America, he could not easily name a single book that had influenced his life. Days later, in an interview, he did not how much items such as tortillas and meat cost ordinary citizens.

In the interview published Sunday in the national newspaper El Universal, Peña Nieto acknowledged to reporter Katia D’Artigues that he had two affairs during a marital crisis.

“It’s not an excuse nor an easy way out to say ‘because of a crisis’ I had another relationship. But it is what happened to me,” he is quoted as saying. “I had another relationship, which produced a son.”

He said that he told his wife about the affair during the time he was governor, from 2005 to 2011.

“Monica knew about this matter very well, what had happened outside of our marriage,” he said. “It was not easy. It was a crisis which, later, I think, helped bring us together. I can say she was stable when she regrettably lost her life.”

His wife died on in January of 2007 of cardiac arrest, reportedly the result of an epileptic seizure.

The candidate said he was not close to the son who was born outside of his marriage, adding that he had made sure to financially support him.

“And there was another baby who died,” the reporter told him.

“It’s true,” he told her. “During this stage, during those moments in our marriage, there was another relationship that produced a baby boy, who developed a health problem a year later. He had a malignant tumor and lost his life.”

In November of 2010, Peña Nieto married soap opera star Angelica Rivera in a glamorous wedding that captured the nation’s imagination. They blended their households – each had three children by a previous marriage.

Polls last year put the photogenic candidate ahead of other contenders for the presidential election, to be held this summer. It not known at this point what effect his stumbles in December and his admission this week will have on his bid to be Mexico’s next leader.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 07:19 AM

Only TWO affairs?

tsk-tsk-tsk

Why, he's a mere amatuer compared to certain US presidents and senators. :rolleyes:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 1-25-2012 at 07:54 PM

In Germany, only recently did the legislature disallow for categorizing hiring prostitutes for corporate parties as a business expense.

In Italy ... oh, never mind.

Only in the U.S., the country founded by puritans, does any of this matter. And, based on the results in South Carolina, that may be changing. I think the demos are finally getting the word out. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

[Edited on 1-26-2012 by Roberto]

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.