Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: What A Slacker!
KurtG
Super Nomad

Mood: Press On Regardless!!

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 11:28 AM
What A Slacker!

Me that is! I just noticed that as of today I have been on this forum for 8 years but haven't even managed to get to the 400 post level. Certainly no threat for David or Dennis. I'll try harder, I promise.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Certainly no threat for David or Dennis. I'll try harder, I promise.

We'll hold you to that. :biggrin:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 12:28 PM

Congrats Kurt, sounds like you have a life:D:D

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
grizzlyfsh95
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 02:18 PM

With 1685 DT, it's a wonder you have time to try to fish.

The harder I work, the luckier I get
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 02:28 PM

Yes grizz, I "try" to fish, I quit trying to "catch" a long time ago besides, I never claimed to have a life outside of Nomads......

If your 58 posts are giving you performance anxiety I'd be happy to give you a few hundred of mine:lol::lol:.......dt

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 04:08 PM

You can do it! ;):bounce:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by KurtG
Me that is! I just noticed that as of today I have been on this forum for 8 years but haven't even managed to get to the 400 post level. Certainly no threat for David or Dennis. I'll try harder, I promise.

Keep up your good work, Kurt! I'd rather read quality over quantity any day!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 05:21 PM

"On the other hand if the quantity drops below once every eight months, I would definitely look into it."
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 05:50 PM

I like to toss in some quality with every dozen or so quantity posts!:light::lol:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 05:59 PM

Kinda like mcfez has been doing, just racking up the posts.

Its quality that counts, not quantity...right DK?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 06:24 PM

If that's the case I guess I actually only have a few bonified posts.....

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 06:26 PM

Ask Doug to do away with the count. I will.

Doug. Please do away with the post count stat so these folks who consider themselves so put out by other member's participation that they have to equate quality of personage with their post count, and see others with more free time to participate in the process of the site as weak and lacking of character.

They must be right....there are so many who feel this way. I'm ashamed of myself for offending our Nomad family....we've been to great lengths together. [:saint:]

It never occured to me...as it certainly should have....that a membership here would, or could, have limitations....outside, of course, fractuous behavior. Of that, I have been guilty....happily so on some occasions.
But, on others, I have paid the price, and should I cross the line, you'll hear the register ring again.

All that said, I have no remorse for my robust, tiring, if you will, participation here. I've excercised my rights to communicate, and I've done it with a style of my own. Anyone here is free to rebut my comments or ignore them, but I won't be silenced or intimidated by a-holes who feel they know my limit of activity on this site. Screw all of you who make your nasty baloney comments as to my post count, and if you don't effing like it, don't read my posts.

I do what every other knowledgeable Nomad does....I participate in my own way. If only I had David's encyclopedic offerings, which all of you should be thankful for, I'd have a deeper niche here, but I don't.

I could go on with this "cleansing" for pages, but I'll save it for another time. In the "mean" time, cut us some slack for doing what makes this site strong......participating, and if you can't come to terms with that, ignore us.....but don't castigate our involvement here. That isn't right.

[Edited on 1-28-2012 by DENNIS]
Phil S
Super Nomad

Mood: After 34 years. Still in love w/ my wife

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 07:14 PM

Dennis?????!!!!! This last post by you, gives me a new positive opinion of you!!!! good work. Have you gotten, 'religion' in your life now?????
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Phil S
Dennis?????!!!!! This last post by you, gives me a new positive opinion of you!!!! good work. Have you gotten, 'religion' in your life now?????

Yes...yes, Phil. Thank you so much for asking and may all the Gods bless your soul.
I'm a Monk now. I've followed my calling and joined a like-minded group. Here we are on a pilgrimage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmH9ahaTt7k
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

Mood: SO MANY TACOS, SO LITTLE TIME... Gotta Go, See ya there....:bounce:

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 08:10 PM

Dennis, you need to go check your pill box from this morning. I think you missed one.. maybe two..:lol:...:lol:.

[Edited on 1-28-12 by KASHEYDOG]

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 08:22 PM

since we are getting deep here...getting in touch with our feelings and inner selves...I just wanna stand up and say how much I love Dennis...AND DT...and even DK...Pacifico holds a special place in my heart along with Udo and Kurt(although I'm not sure it's kurt my buddy!)...Kasheydog...we have yet to meet but I bet we'd be pals.

I vote for no thread counts too...who friggin cares anyway.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 08:26 PM

Hi Sweetie....where have you been? Missed you here.
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Hi Sweetie....where have you been? Missed you here.

Dennis !!! You talkin' to me.....:o...:o..:O..... OK, now you're startin' to scare me.......:lol:...:lol:

Don\'t mess with the old dog...... Age and skill will always overcome youth and treachery! Brilliance only comes with age and experience..... :smug: .... :P .... :smug:
Are you getting the most out of life OR is life getting the most out of you ?? :?:

Twenty years from now you\'ll be more disappointed by the things you didn\'t do then the things you did.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 09:04 PM

ahhh see...that's why I love dennis...he CARES!!! glad somebody missed me! I was back in Canada cause my dear dad died and we had to organize a "fitting" wake for him which you would have enjoyed Dennis...love ya man

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
KASHEYDOG
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-27-2012 at 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shari
...Kasheydog...we have yet to meet but I bet we'd be pals.

I know we would be shari...,and our time will come sometime soon. This year when I retire and get away from this damn job. Im really lookin' forward to it........:yes:...;)...

Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.