BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  12
Author: Subject: How Come Mengano Was Banned?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bigzaggin
reinstatement

:lol::lol: That probably won't be happening any time soon. "Return"...perhaps. "Reinstatement"....never.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by classicbajabronco

Why is there even a Baja News area if baja news is not welcome? I mainly visit this site for the news. Maybe the Baja News area would be better if it was just a large sand box one could bury their head in.

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by classicbajabronco]

It needs to be renamed to "BAJA GOOD NEWS ONLY".

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by soulpatch
Valid point.
Maybe I have been in a firehouse too long and just see some things as being trivial that are not to most normal people.
I guess I was looking at it from an "apply a filter of perspective" viewpoint.

And maybe I've been too long in Mexico-- a high context culture-- to take things at simple face value.

I would be very surprised if this person was banned because of his anti-Mexico content.

I think he comes here to predate, to feed off vulnerable members of this community for his own self-gratification at others' cost, and I support Doug for his decision.

Apparently it depends who you are. He has been nothing but supportive of my efforts to improve Rosarito Beach. If he hates Mexico so much- why would he help me create a disabled beach access point here? So, I really don't think he hates Mexico, he hates the whitewashing of Mexico by those with vested and hidden interests. Fortunately his perspective is printed regularly in The San Diego Reader and on his own site. Maggie is still translating and evaluating the local news as well.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 12:50 PM

The man needs some serious counseling.
24baja
Senior Nomad

Mood: Wishing we were in BOLA

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 01:09 PM

KUDOS to the person who banned Mengano, I was growing extremely tired of their incessant negative attitude toward Mexico. I get that he/she felt it their duty to report everything negative, however, I think I am able to make good decisions about whether or not I should travel to Mexico based on my findings. And if this person feels that it is such a terrible place they should find somewhere else to be happy....if that is possible given their general attitude displayed on this board.......thanks for letting me voice my opinion.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 01:15 PM

As Baja Turns ... :biggrin::biggrin: ... its life... enjoy it... I do :):)

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
As Baja Turns ... :biggrin::biggrin: ... its life... enjoy it... I do :):)

Well, I know what you mean- but the last few weeks around here weren't enjoyable for anyone. Assh*oles proved they were assh*les to the next level, that's all. People had their pasts dug through and posted like it was current and even relevant to what or who they are today. Once people turn their on-line grudges into lawsuit threats- you gotta wonder what is going on inside their heads/meds. There was no high ground taken by anyone and the ugly facts revealed about some nomads by Mengano can't be put back in the bottle. Everyone got some mud on them. No winners imho. Mengano got a red card, but you can be sure the game will continue. Anyone chest-thumping just needs to go back and read what was written about them (and here forever) and see if it was worth it. Fulano was a CFO of a major corporation, and you don't get there without some serious brain talent. Smart people are quirky.

The anti-Jew rhetoric that has continued today tells me things won't get better here any time soon. And that's OK for OT- it's just not fun to watch people self-destruct.

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by Woooosh]

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 02:16 PM
Bad news? Good news? Enjoy.

Negative press for Baja?

Like drivers slowing at the scene of a car accident, these voyeurs need reinforcement that the world is unsafe, and Mexico is especially dangerous.

Like most of the friends I have NOB, they believe most of what they read in print, and see on television.

Don't insult nomad intelligence (is this an oxymarooon?) stating the National Enquirer, or San Diego newspaper, is anything but the same rag wanting to sell paper.

Everyone here knows bad things happen. On the other hand, garbage in garbage out. Enjoy.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 02:39 PM

Hear ya Woooosh... but, I personally don't use one's past to judge them NOW !!

The past is the past, and nothing can be done to change it... as most of know very well

If some wish's dig up ones PAST error's in judgement ... I toss it all ... think they call it being Christian ... or just being a tolerant and reasonable human being JMHO

Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 02:43 PM

Being the bearer of bad news wasn't the reason for Mengano getting booted. His personal attacks on Nomads who had issues with his posts did him in.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by wessongroup
Hear ya Woooosh... but, I personally don't use one's past to judge them NOW !!

The past is the past, and nothing can be done to change it... as most of know very well

If some wish's dig up ones PAST error's in judgement ... I toss it all ... think they call it being Christian ... or just being a tolerant and reasonable human being JMHO

I guess that is why we register sex offenders, huh? Personally, I would prefer some of these people stay away from my family.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 03:15 PM

Sorry for not qualifying my statement ... as their are some individuals that may require more attention than others ..

But, still hold that one's past is their past and should be allowed the opportunity to preform within society ... and it should be on a case by case basis ... not corporal punishment, with heavy, heavy media spin ...

Not condoning nor suporting NAMBA, or anything along those lines.. but, think one should not move quickly from one area of individuals rights without a very, very careful understanding of what is really going on ... based on careful review of fact's .. and, the placement of liabilty on the Physicans treating and/or releasing the individual back into the "population".. when allowed either by time served and clinical observation ... not putting the liablity on society and the police

Maybe we could go back to branding.. SX= sex offender, Rp=Rapeist, K= Killer you get the idea ... as what happens to individuals in this country after being convicted of a felony is basicly the end of ones life as you know it...

Men are especially at a disadvantage ... as no women would marry a man to support THEM !! or maybe I'm missing something .... can hear the line now.. well, what do you do .. for a living ... Burp !!

By the way, what percentage of convicted felons are sex offender's ... can't find a true number, as sex crimes are categories the same as "murder".

Perhaps the stat's which are being presented may be a bit off ... just saying :):)

As for keeping them away from my family .. we did and still do ... as far as I know..

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=misundersto...

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by wessongroup]

Terry28
Senior Nomad

Mood: Thirsty

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 03:55 PM

Wiley, Are you freaking kidding me?? That's why we have background checks, credit checks, employment histories,references etc. What you have said and done in the past reflects a ton on what you say and are today..It is important to know all you can about people and issues of trust.....if only to be disappointed in your fellow man.......

Mexico!! Where two can live as cheaply as one.....but it costs twice as much.....
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
Being the bearer of bad news wasn't the reason for Mengano getting booted. His personal attacks on Nomads who had issues with his posts did him in.

Remember that while many in this thread are speculating about what they find or see on the board right now... usually what has caused such an action is no longer visible.

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

Why is there even a Baja News area if baja news is not welcome? ...

This would be an inaccurate assumption and poor suggestion IMHO. Topics that are unwelcome - or have very little Baja-relevance - are always moved or removed.

:light:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 04:21 PM

"What you have said and done in the past reflects a ton on what you say and are today"

Perhaps... but, if one wishes to change... HOW ??

Have hired folks on a hand shake .... No back ground check... do the work, and ya get the pay... bad apples... sure .. but, would rather work the other way.. Assume they are ok and give ANYONE a chance... everyone needs another chance .. IMHO

Everyone can run their own business their own way... it is America .. if ya want to look at your employee's in this fashion ... it's your right... as is mine to NOT run a back ground check ... if it is not required by a supplier, part of a contract (which I would not enter into) ... etc...

There are a lot of folks out there in a corner which they can almost never get out of ... much like a ghetto

Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress

Remember that while many in this thread are speculating about what they find or see on the board right now... usually what has caused such an action is no longer visible.

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

Why is there even a Baja News area if baja news is not welcome? ...

This would be an inaccurate assumption and poor suggestion IMHO. Topics that are unwelcome - or have very little Baja-relevance - are always moved or removed.

:light:

removing and editing posts is a full-time, thankless job that pays nearly nada- just ask the moderator. Perhaps the board and the moderator benefit from a little infighting and internal housecleaning from time to time. It does seem to be cyclical. I have never figured this stuff out. Wiley and I like to stay oblivious to the obvious. :lol:

[Edited on 2-6-2012 by Woooosh]

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 05:00 PM

Why does just about everyone think that Mengano was a "he"?

IMHO, given the specific personal attacks/ references scattered throughout Mengano's posts, I have felt all along that Mengano was really everyone's "friend" and former Gringo Gazette editor Nancy.

That's my two cents,
greengoes
Select Nomad

Mood: Today I slay the Red Dot.

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bajahowodd
IMHO, given the specific personal attacks/ references scattered throughout Mengano's posts, I have felt all along that Mengano was really everyone's "friend" and former Gringo Gazette editor Nancy.

Mengano was Nancy Conroy???......one other person once said the same thing. Good Ol' Maggie.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 05:41 PM

Jeeeezo....if anyone out there is in need of attention, just get yourself banned. You'll be smothered in the stuff.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 2-6-2012 at 06:03 PM

Well that person was a whale of a researcher. Perhaps their profession gave them access to those pay for info sites that let him REJUDGE folks.

From the Fulano files, I get the impression that their real contact with reality ends with a belief in talking snakes, so research ability notwithstanding, their opinion is invalid to me.

The only reason I'll miss them is that they so screwed up the grading curve that without them some of my comments might rise much higher on the questionability guage!

It is nice having a lightning rod around!:lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  12

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.