Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  83
Author: Subject: Mark & Olivia; Playa Buenaventura
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 08:51 AM

As rts551 suggests, if these truly are thugs then why doesn't the police or any other official organization help?
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mcfez
Where's all the neighbors during all this happening?

Not many close neighbors there.
Playa El Requeson campground is to the south and it's a ways to any houses to the north.
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:08 AM

Just called my cousin in D.C., he is an aide to Lucille Royball-Allard. I gave him the "Bajanomad" link and I asked him to read the post's and then try to get State to do something.

Is this still ongoing? Does anyone have a phone number for them?

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:10 AM

I know it is a little confusing and there is a lot of misinformation being tossed about, but AKMAX seems to be heading in the right direction. The municipal police of Mulege will probably not do anything and do not have the training or ability to handle a situation like this, but the Ministerial Police right across from the in-town gas station, do have the authority, ability, and training to handle this. The military base, which is located in San Lucas, not San Bruno, could prove to be some help but would need to be requested from the proper authorities.

I took my sister to the airport in Loreto yesterday and we were going to stop by to see what was going on and have dinner, but there were no lights on in the restaurant and for the first time I saw a vehicle behind the rope in the hotel area, so we went on in to Mulege for dinner.

sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by sanquintinsince73
Just called my cousin in D.C., he is an aide to Lucille Royball-Allard. I gave him the "Bajanomad" link and I asked him to read the post's and then try to get State to do something.

Is this still ongoing? Does anyone have a phone number for them?

I need the exact name of the town they are in and how far from Mulege.
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:21 AM

Somebody needs to call the military and mention "drugs and guns"...........

latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:26 AM

Location is on Google Earth: Hotel San Buenaventura, B.C.S., Mexico
26°38'34.64"N 111°50'42.54"W
For those of you who don't realize how "islolated" they are you will be able to see for yourself the little cove and property they are trying to defend by themselves...
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Pompano
Folks, just because you don't read it on Baja Nomads, it doesn't mean that it has not been noticed and commented on locally. This is an old arguement that continues to fester.

Ahhhh but Nominds needs a distraction from Mengano and another problem to slve!
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:35 AM

I just notified SEDENA.

tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 09:57 AM
Google Map

40km south of Mulege

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by tripledigitken]
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 10:04 AM

Every little bit helps. Just requested that "BorderLand Beat" post the story.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 10:14 AM

Okay, the head office of Policia Ministerial in Santa Rosalia is up by the Pepsi plant and soccer field. When these guys say jump, everyone asks how high (with their knees shaking all the while), so if they are on it, then things are happening.
I kept wondering whose house was the furthest north on the beach, but now that is answered, so hopefully this thing can be ended soon.

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Roger,

Just a photo, no shots fired. Light is always a good start to get the roaches to scatter.

Good for you.

Ken

Ditto's ...

watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 11:54 AM

GUNS???----WTF------If these guys are carrying in daylight, they must have some serious juice. No????:wow:

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by watizname
GUNS???----WTF------If these guys are carrying in daylight, they must have some serious juice. No????:wow:

You bet.
Where is Ramuma these days?
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:05 PM

Thank you akmaxx, for being there to support Mark & Olivia. By now they must be totally worn out, which is what I guess is the objective of this latest seige...to keep bullying them in an effort to break them down so they will give up... What a sad commentary on the justice "system"....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by latina
Thank you akmaxx, for being there to support Mark & Olivia. By now they must be totally worn out, which is what I guess is the objective of this latest seige...to keep bullying them in an effort to break them down so they will give up... What a sad commentary on the justice "system"....

Looks like the justice system is at work too me. Maybe not the way you would like, but people in "high places" and the Policia Ministeria obviously are aware and working the situation to include "no trespassing". We need to be careful though, when calling Sec of State officials and local/State police crooked. That can maybe get you deported.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by watizname

You bet.
Where is Ramuma these days?

Haven't heard from him in a month or so. Hopefully he will chime in, but "subject" of this thread hides the seriousness of what is going on. It doesn't stand out and he may not see it. I'll send him a direct e-mail.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:36 PM

What's troubling about this whole story is the lack of police cooperation, let alone protection. Although remote, the Bay is a popular tourist destination for gringos and locals (think Semana Santa & summer vacations). I have pulled up to Mark & Olivia's on my boat on several occasions for a few beers and to hear stories about life in the area. It would never occur to me that I might be confronted on such a visit by a gun-toting lunatic. Whatever their dispute, I can't believe that it justifies someone coming in and shooting in an area where tourists frequent; this is hardly some backwood barrio that we are all supposed to avoid in order to stay clear of the violence that exists elsewhere in Mexico.

I hope that the message gets back to the Mulege police that they are there to protect the citizens of the community, regardless of whether they are Mexicans or foreigners. For the benefit of that region, I also hope that an agency with authority intervenes and diffuses this immediately. The last thing that Mulege and the area needs is this type of situation to exist.

Mark & Olivia need our support and that of the expat community down there. I have already told the people I know in Mulege about this and others need to spread the word as well. People love the area for its solitude and "authentic" Mexican feel, as well as the sheer physical beauty. We need to do everything we can to protect that. When disputes can lead to this type of brazen & outrageous behavior with no intervention, then we're all in trouble.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gallesram
I hope that the message gets back to the Mulege police that they are there to protect the citizens of the community, regardless of whether they are Mexicans or foreigners.

If they need to be reminded, I'd say it's time to start packing.

Are Bob and Susan anywhere near all this? Bob usually plays his cards close to the chest when there's trouble in his backyard.
 Pages:  1    3    5  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.