Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by gallesram
I hope that the message gets back to the Mulege police that they are there to protect the citizens of the community, regardless of whether they are Mexicans or foreigners.

If they need to be reminded, I'd say it's time to start packing.

Are Bob and Susan anywhere near all this? Bob usually plays his cards close to the chest when there's trouble in his backyard.

If this is a land dispute, don't count on any help. Even if Bob gets beat-up they won't do anything. I've even asked the Mayor of Rosarito for help when we were threatened and physically assaulted over our concession and we were ignored by every law enforcement agency as well. When it gets to this level, no one will interfere because until they find out who is "pulling the strings" in this situation- they don't want to take a chance of being on the "wrong side" of that person... so they do nothing. Hard for me to believe Raphael has this much clout. He has relatives in the Military- I would think he would have used them if needed to, not thugs.

It is hard to explain how it feels to be "left out to dry" by our host country, but that's the way it is down here when the rubber meets the road.

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:56 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I hope that the message gets back to the Mulege police that they are there to protect the citizens of the community, regardless of whether they are Mexicans or foreigners.

If they need to be reminded, I'd say it's time to start packing.

Are Bob and Susan anywhere near all this? Bob usually plays his cards close to the chest when there's trouble in his backyard.

AS you this is not a new thing ,it has been elvolving for several years, I know Mark and Olivia ant think they are alwright people. If it is or has ever been as represented it looks if end to the conflict may be near. armed men can and usually lead to one conclusion.
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
It is hard to explain how it feels to be "left out to dry" by our host country, but that's the way it is down here when the rubber meets the road.

If you're in Baja, and not a MX citizen, or National, you have no rights. Well, guess you have some -- but not when push comes to shove. And then it comes down (in MX) to who you know, how well connected you are.

I'm in favor of paying people off, but that's me.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:04 PM

When in Rome ???

gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:05 PM

I still can't get over the fact that these guys are shooting guns in a tourist spot over a land dispute, and there's nothing done to stop it. Tourism is a serious part of the Mexican economy and I thought that the authorities would protect it. I guess I'm just looking at this through my Gringo eyes, which is probably a mistake. I'm not saying that one side is right and the other is wrong; it's the situation (guns being shot in a tourist spot) that drives me crazy.

I avoid Compton, the south Bronx, the slums of Rio and other nototriously dangerous areas in the world. I take my family to the Bay of Concepcion to ski, swim and enjoy ourselves since it's a safe place. That's where I'm having trouble with this situation; I could have been in that spot with my family and this could have happened; not a random 20-second robbery (which could happen anywhere), but a prolonged dangerous situation involving loaded guns which the police ignore. I'm still shaking my head.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Quote:

If you're in Baja, and not a MX citizen, or National, you have no rights. Well, guess you have some -- but not when push comes to shove. And then it comes down (in MX) to who you know, how well connected you are.

I'm in favor of paying people off, but that's me.

A "gringo" would not know who to pay or how much. Likely they would just set him up and take his money. Mexican banditos stick together. They hate to say no to each other and that they cannot help the person find a "solution". Just they way it is when times get rough. In good times- it's all good of course! I have actually had a Rosarito Beach court official lie to my face and then ask for a bribe if I wanted the information I needed. That was an eye opener for me.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:10 PM

welcome to Mexico

Quote:
I still can't get over the fact that these guys are shooting guns in a tourist spot over a land dispute, and there's nothing done to stop it. Tourism is a serious part of the Mexican economy and I thought that the authorities would protect it. I guess I'm just looking at this through my Gringo eyes, which is probably a mistake. I'm not saying that one side is right and the other is wrong; it's the situation (guns being shot in a tourist spot) that drives me crazy.

I avoid Compton, the south Bronx, the slums of Rio and other nototriously dangerous areas in the world. I take my family to the Bay of Concepcion to ski, swim and enjoy ourselves since it's a safe place. That's where I'm having trouble with this situation; I could have been in that spot with my family and this could have happened; not a random 20-second robbery (which could happen anywhere), but a prolonged dangerous situation involving loaded guns which the police ignore. I'm still shaking my head.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:14 PM

akmaxx, I hope you're right; that would be awesome!!
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:16 PM

Quote:

Are Bob and Susan anywhere near all this?

Their place is about 10+ miles to the north, closer to Mulege'.
I'm pretty sure they have clear title to their property via a Mexican Corp.

But then, maybe Ramuna likes their property too ?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by akmaxx
About six truckloads of Ministerios (with shotguns) at the Pemex in Mulege at 1245. Maybe headed your way to wrap up this problem.

It's good to be prepared for all eventuallities, so what will go through your mind if they drive right on by without stopping?
Kevlar would be the first thing on mine.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:21 PM

what time are you guys on? It's only 12:21 as I type this...

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:22 PM

Quote:

I'm on bar time. What about you? :lol:
Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:23 PM

They are on cen***l ( Opps!!! Mountain) time. The time changes between the two states on the penisula.

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by Sandlefoot]
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I'm on bar time. What about you? :lol:

yup, 20 minutes fast. I actually have a whole day to kill... my time :)

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandlefoot
They are on central time. The time changes between the two states on the penisula.

Mountain Time in BCS - not Central. One hour ahead of BC and California USA.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:51 PM

Mark just updated FB...

"The state police are here and the Bad Guys are being hauled off in handcuffs. Will write more later I have to identify persons."

http://www.facebook.com/mjburbey

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.

Sandlefoot
Nomad

Mood: Home

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:52 PM

Duh!!!! Must be east coast bar time!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for the correction!!!!
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:56 PM

This is a personal response Mark wrote me about 7am - his time - this morning to a message I sent him privately last night. I asked him for permission to post this in public, which he gave me an OK on:

"Thanks for thinking of us. We are more use to the situation as the days go by. Munoz is behind it as the woman who orchestrate for him here is here now. Her name is Elizabeth Espinosa Mantano of Tijuana.

"We have been emailing all authorities from the start and pleading for help. I have many emails to prove it. I am hoping for the best and will continue doing so all day as we are kept here. You know a little of what we have been put through with the Munoz trying to take over Buenaventura. The other night when the Ministero Police came here and they just watched with us as they burned our belongings in plain view. It was too much for me. Then the guys want me to apologize!

"Bad things happen sometimes, and for me I will confront the problem best as possible and try to make it right. Baja will not become a better place by us or others walking away. It will become a better place by us staying and making it better. We are still proud of where we live and most of the people who surround us here in Baja Sur. If this activity is not made public then the "Bad Guys" will have the upper hand. We are staying here!"

Woooosh
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
Mark just updated FB...

"The state police are here and the Bad Guys are being hauled off in handcuffs. Will write more later I have to identify persons."

http://www.facebook.com/mjburbey

[Edited on 2-9-2012 by BajaNomad]

perhaps a happy ending is about to take place, or at least a stand-off for now. You'll know by how long they are kept in custody.

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

Mark's nervous nights are just beginning. What a shame.
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.