Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  83
Author: Subject: Mark & Olivia; Playa Buenaventura
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 01:57 PM

Wishing the best of luck to Mark & Olivia. I forwarded the info to a local news exec, but who knows if he'll do anything with it. At least it is worth the effort.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 02:05 PM

I wonder if any Nomads was watching all this and got some photos
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 02:10 PM

Thank God that this situation was resolved, for now. Slim Pickens was ready to rock.....

http://youtu.be/wcW_Ygs6hm0

MexicoTed
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gallesram
I still can't get over the fact that these guys are shooting guns in a tourist spot over a land dispute, and there's nothing done to stop it. Tourism is a serious part of the Mexican economy and I thought that the authorities would protect it. I guess I'm just looking at this through my Gringo eyes, which is probably a mistake. I'm not saying that one side is right and the other is wrong; it's the situation (guns being shot in a tourist spot) that drives me crazy.

I avoid Compton, the south Bronx, the slums of Rio and other nototriously dangerous areas in the world. I take my family to the Bay of Concepcion to ski, swim and enjoy ourselves since it's a safe place. That's where I'm having trouble with this situation; I could have been in that spot with my family and this could have happened; not a random 20-second robbery (which could happen anywhere), but a prolonged dangerous situation involving loaded guns which the police ignore. I'm still shaking my head.

I agree gallesram. Being in the Mexico tourism business myself, this is never good. Especially since Bahia Concepcion is seen as a safe area. Also, being next to the Hwy 1. What if some tourists were returning from a great Baja trip and turned in to Mark and Olivia's right in the mess of this thing.

It needs to get father up the chain and then someone will deal with these gun-toting people.

Ted

angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 02:25 PM

Glad to hear justice has FINALLY been served. I also hope it is permanent, but I'm afraid they will have many sleepless nights. I am impressed by their strong will power and fortitude to defend their land.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MexicoTed
It needs to get father up the chain and then someone will deal with these gun-toting people.

Ted

Hopefully, they'll deal with the one who hired them.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by angels4
Glad to hear justice has FINALLY been served. I also hope it is permanent, but I'm afraid they will have many sleepless nights. I am impressed by their strong will power and fortitude to defend their land.

I too have great respect for people with the pioneer spirit who defend their property and their rights.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:

I too have great respect for people with the pioneer spirit who defend their property and their rights.

Woooosh! I'm afraid that it is heading that way not just in Baja but every where. That we must stand up for what we believe, even if we stand alone. But as we have seen in many past cases Nomads stand together, proud and tall. (Well except for me since I appear to be shrinking as I get older :?: :biggrin: )
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad
"The state police are here and the Bad Guys are being hauled off in handcuffs. Will write more later I have to identify persons."

Mark's nervous nights are just beginning. What a shame.

Yes, Ramuma could have solved the problem much easier by now. But I guess he didn't want the blood on his hands. Perhaps that's in the future.

Gotta hand it to him, though - that man sure loves them turtles.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:52 PM
Baja will not become a better place by us or others walking away.

Hell Yes!

I'd be extra careful from here on out. Perhaps having some folks stay there (as a group) will discourage any further issues. Just do something to secure your safety.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you both, but, I was scared for them! Bullets flying overhead, yikes! They weren't very well equipped to defend themselves, bear spray vs. bullets. How can you be down there with the laws and law enforcement the way they are? You know I enjoyed reading Munoz's posts, if he is Ramuma53. He seemed OK to me, guess not, lol. Glad it's settled down for now anyway.
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by goldhuntress
Quote:
Quote:

I agree with you both, but, I was scared for them! Bullets flying overhead, yikes! They weren't very well equipped to defend themselves, bear spray vs. bullets. How can you be down there with the laws and law enforcement the way they are? You know I enjoyed reading Munoz's posts, if he is Ramuma53. He seemed OK to me, guess not, lol. Glad it's settled down for now anyway.

I'd at least install a camera system.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 03:54 PM

They will certainly have my business in the future. And I have to say that I'm relieved that the Ministerio showed up in such force from Santa Rosalia and took care of this horrific problem. I hope that the bad guys know that the Mulege community won't tolerate this kind of vigilante justice. The local police should be pretty embarassed that it took the state police to intervene on such an obvious travesty.

Great work Mark & Olivia; they are both true pioneers! And great work to the Nomads for bringing this to light and exposing it. I wonder if the response would have been as strong if this board didn't exist.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:04 PM

Quote:
The local police should be pretty embarassed that it took the state police to intervene on such an obvious travesty.

Ohhh pleeeeze. Do you still see virtue in these guys? You can't. Tell me you don't. Please tell you don't. :?:
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:08 PM

All I'm saying is that the police did show up with 6 trucks full of armed policemen. Yes, it took 4 days, but they did show up. I had always been told by the locals that Mulege police weren't the same corrupt cops that you see elsewhere in Mexico.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:12 PM

Quote:
I had always been told by the locals that Mulege police weren't the same corrupt cops that you see elsewhere in Mexico.

I guess you now have enough information to form your own opinion.
Think about it.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:14 PM

Quote:
I had always been told by the locals that Mulege police weren't the same corrupt cops that you see elsewhere in Mexico.

Yep, they're "different" corrupt cops than you see elsewhere in Mexico. :lol:
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:36 PM

Quote:
A "gringo" would not know who to pay or how much. Likely they would just set him up and take his money. Mexican banditos stick together. They hate to say no to each other and that they cannot help the person find a "solution".

You're right. I'm writing ''generally'' and early on. This situation seems like a drawn out process. And guns being shot seems to indicate that these thugs aren't afraid of being busted. Then you have the cops walking away? Sounds like people who know people. Not a good situation for a gringo to be in.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 04:59 PM

What can prevent more "bad guys" from coming or those arrested from returning ?

[Edited on 2-10-2012 by surfer jim]
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-9-2012 at 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Quote:

Yep, they're "different" corrupt cops than you see elsewhere in Mexico. :lol:

I would certainly stop giving them free donuts!
:saint:

Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.