Nice shot with the parrot, Roger!

Here is mine:

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 11:07 AM

Udo...that deserves some more parrot parodies.

'Never argue politics with your beer buddy.' You say left...I say right. So be it.

Here's his real buddy....

Being around parrots so much kinda grows on you....

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 02:16 PM

That bird would always bite the crap out of me but loved Jill....go figger...

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 02:26 PM

Birds are like dogs, cats horses, cows and pigs. They know who's that particular animal person.
On two separate occasions, there was a pig in Fiji who kept chasing me away and trying to bite me while he cuddled up to my wife.
The same thing happened in San Quintin to me.

Our bird, Chico,
on the other hand, respects me, but he loves my wife.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:12 PM

Baja Nomads and ADHD...

Geezuz....we just went from a shoot-em-up to parrots:no:

Don't believe everything you think....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:18 PM

Nothing on Facebook since the police arrived.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Baja Nomads and ADHD...

hey watch it! "Senior moments" are liberating... sometimes. :lol:

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Quote:
Baja Nomads and ADHD...

Be patient, Grasshopper....I am only 60....something to look forward to.

Roger...I appreciate your additional pics and comments, so not knocking the parrot diversion ;D;D

Don't believe everything you think....
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Baja Nomads and ADHD...

Be patient, Grasshopper....I am only 60....something to look forward to.

Roger...I appreciate your additional pics and comments, so not knocking the parrot diversion ;D;D

That's just great, you're fine with Rogers parrot pictures but not mine.....some friend you are. Next time you crash and break your leg I'll just point and laugh.....just like the last time :lol::lol:

Sorry for the hijack, let's all return to Playa Buenaventura......

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 05:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Baja Nomads and ADHD...

Hey whoosh, Stop by Coyote, I will save a 'senior moment' for you. If this dottering oldster can manage to raise a Pacifico or two and tell you this truism:

"I am not young enough to know everything" :rolleyes:

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 08:09 PM

more from Mark Burbey
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3284016143035&set...
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
more from Mark Burbey
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3284016143035

Out from the siege and into the BLUE!

It is now Friday afternoon. Thank you all for the kind words and hopeful thoughts. The police showed up Thursday at 1:30 P.M. Lots of guys too. Some of the Bandito's were at hte hotel entrance with their guns and were immediately taken down. The rest followed and all were in handcuffs in a matter of minutes. I think they thought they could do anything and more. IF YOUR going to be a CRIMINAL at least be a smart one. The police rounded up the guns and I guess these guys had gotten a permit to have them here by the military. At least that is what I was told today. YOU CAN get a permit to have a gun in Mexico. It is suppose to be used for defense purposes or hunting only. YOU CAN'T us it for harassing Mark and Oli or others. Similar in the U.S., but more of a process.

On Thursday, day five. The raid occurred with speed that will impress anyone here. I am very proud that our local guys were involved and they seemed proud too. Our local police guys need approval from above before acting. It is the way it is! Of these bandits I knew only one. It was a woman named Elizabeth Espinosa Montano. She is the one in a picture. It was taken at a Military checkpoint north of Loreto a couple of years back. She is from Tijuana. The other guys are all from other states in Mexico. Five persons total in the arrest. They are all in the prison/jail just south of Santa Rosalia. Their local lawyer named Joaquin Cuesta should have been arrested with the rest of them. He was there witnessing many of these crimes and I feel was a part of it. Somehow he got away at the moment with some bail. Mulege citizens like Joaquin could support the community better sometimes. Just a bad apple for me.

Now, I believe the way or why it happened so fast is because of the Facebook and Baja Nomad response that happened. I'm sure of this and am so proud that so many seem to care. We were basically surrounded and told we could leave by water, but don't try and walk out. I am lucky to have a satellite internet here. My "Carlos Slim" phone hardly gets reception, so it was up to the internet. Also, the U.S Consulate was constantly in touch with us and seemed to really care. I'm sure John Callan at the Consulate in Tijuana helped make a difference. Most of all it came about because the internet was abuzz with a story and it really helped us out of a jam.

We have giving testimony all day.

This weekend I will upload some pictures.....we feel safer now. BIG THANKS to all from Oli and Marco at Buenaventura

Baja Nomad Thread:
http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=58132

[Edited on 2-11-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 09:43 PM

So this lady was involved with moving drugs in your area two years ago. She lives in TJ and now shows up to claim a beach? Whatever for?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 10:03 PM

I only hope the nightmare with Muñoz is over...

We met Mark and Olivia in July 2009, which was not long after the long list of lies was started to harass these nice folks serving us travelers...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS, hey Roger... cool hat!:cool:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bajalover
Nomad

Mood: Strongly - Missing Baja

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 10:19 PM

Really sorry to hear about such an aweful experience and the fight to maintain your peice and quiet. Absolutely aweful...
Glad it all turned out good.

Side note: I wonder if something like that happened to local Latinos - what an uproar it would cause in the States compared to the silence in Mexico.
Hey....where's Obama now?

Sorry folks, it really urks me to hear about encounters like that and making me stay away from Baja. I hate that...........Baja's a great....place.
Stay safe and good luck.

Sometimes you really do question; why you are and where you are.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 10:21 PM

They are a long ways from any town (Mulege)... and like in the Wild West, he with the biggest gun makes the rules!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-10-2012 at 10:28 PM

I think the best to come from all this is to realize that in most circumstances patience is a necessity in Mexico. Going with the flow rather than against an imaginary current will get more done.

I hope all those that pass by , will stop and drop a few pesos for a cold one or two and enjoy some great company

Hope the luck continues

kc
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by KaceyJ
I think the best to come from all this is to realize that in most circumstances patience is a necessity in Mexico. Going with the flow rather than against an imaginary current will get more done.

I hope all those that pass by , will stop and drop a few pesos for a cold one or two and enjoy some great company

Hope the luck continues

kc

The legal flow of Mexico is like molasses going uphill in November... the crooks and banditos are lightning fast though. The legal system can be delayed indefinitely down here if you have friends. Hard to win in the short term. You don't always have the luxury of going with the flow, even if you are right.

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 08:34 AM

I can't wait to hear the twist that Ramuna will put to all this.
No response to your email, eh Wooosh ?
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 10:08 AM

As everybody know, Olivia Higuera Aguilar has several criminal convictions and is well known as a narc as La Vaquera.
Federal Police has witnessed several times the drugs unloading on Olivias Restaurant, now se pretend to take over my hotel and using Peper spray attacked my security people, who reacted firing in to the air.
But as we all know, Olivia has some authorities support for obvious reasons $$$$$
and while she has 10 very serious criminal charges, 2 federal criminal charges and a few criminal convictions, she has never went to jail.
The Estate police without any court order, or absolutely no authority order, stormed the hotel and detained all my hotel staff, even my attorney Joaquin Cuesta without any legal cause.
so I am starting criminal federal charges in La Paz and Mexico city against the Baja Governor, Estate District attorney and local estate police for the illegal kidnapping of my hotel staff and attorney.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DENUNCIA DE HECHOS

C. Lic. Maricela Morales Ibáñez
Procuradora General de la República

Rafael Munoz Martínez, en ejercicio de mi propio derecho, señalando como domicilio para oír y recibir todo tipo de notificaciones y escritos, el ubicado en Avenida Francisco del Paso y Troncoso numero 317-A-1 Colonia Jardín Balbuena delegación Venustiano Carranza, México D.F. C.P. 15900, autorizando como mis representantes legales a los C.C. Lic. Jorge Luis Piedras Guerrero, Dr. Alberto Cándido Sánchez Pichardo, Joaquin Cuesta Romero ante usted con el debido respeto comparezco, para denunciar los siguientes hechos que a mi parecer constituyen un delito.

El dia de ayer, 9 de Febrero del 2011, me comunico la esposa de mi licenciado y apoderado legal Joaquín Cuesta que tanto el licenciado como la gerente de mi hotel y apoderada, junto con todos los empleados de mi hotel, habían sido detenidos por la policía ministerial y que los tenían incomunicados en la ciudad de Santa Rosalia municipio de Mulege Baja California Sur.
Es el caso que hasta horas después dejaron salir al licenciado Joaquín Cuesta después de declarar que el se encontraba en mi hotel como licenciado a cargo de las denuncias penales que tenemos contra la Sra. Olivia Higuera Aguilar y el norteamericano Mark Jerome Burbey, habiéndolo retenido ilegalmente y sin decirle cuales eran los cargos, sin orden de autoridad competente y por qué se habían introducido en una propiedad privada a detener a todo el personal de un hotel turístico en operación bajo el supuesto cargo de Delincuencia Organizada.
Cabe hacer mención que mi propiedad está amparada por título de propiedad numero 432949 expedido en base al expediente de Terrenos Nacionales 142524 inscrito ante el Registro Público de la Propiedad y el Comercio de la ciudad de Mulege B.C.S. bajo número 340 volumen 78 sección Primera del 30 de Julio del 2008, con antecedentes de propiedad que datan de 1971 y titulado desde 1992.
Esta propiedad privada, cuenta con certificado de libertad de gravámenes expedida en Diciembre del 2011 así como los permisos de la autoridad competente para operar como hotel desde 1996.
Es el caso que al dejar salir al C. Lic. En derecho y Contaduría Joaquín Cuesta me narro los siguientes hechos:
“la policía ministerial comandada por el C. Félix Murillo había ido a la playa aproximadamente a las 12 de la noche, les exhibió las armas y los permisos correspondientes, los ministeriales entraron en vehículo al restaurant de Olivia y duraron más de una hora con ellos, después se retiraron al poblado de Mulegé.
El día 8 de febrero, arribo a la playa el Comandante delegacional de la policía municipal, C. RAMON AGUNDEZ OJEDA, a quien lo recibió Alan pidiéndole información de lo que estaba haciendo, le dio un tour por los límites de la playa y les exhibió las DOS armas, le mostro que estaban descargadas y que los tiros a cuando menos dos metros de distancia, además le permitió ver los permisos originales del registro ante el CINE de la Paz, B.C.S.

El miércoles 8 de febrero 2012, aproximadamente las 8 pm arribo un vehículo a la playa intentando ingresar con Olivia, Alan acudió a ver de quien se trataba y los atendió, se trataba del Subprocurador de Averiguaciones Previas de la Zona Norte C. Lic Hugo Galindo Camacho y un acompañante, de lo comentado por Alan dijo que le pidieron quitar las rocas para entrar y no lo permitió, por lo que solo les autorizo ingresar con Olivia en forma peatonal, es preciso indicar que en ese momento estaba lloviendo, estuvieron con Olivia aproximadamente una hora, al salir salieron con documentos en una bolsa de plástico, diciéndole a Alan QUE ANDA MUY LEJOS DE ECATEPEC
En el operativo de ayer 9 de febrero, no se exhibió orden alguna, entraron con lujo de violencia, Alan me comento que lo golpearon en la cabeza y que pretenden inculpar a Juan de tener en su mano la escopeta, situación que no fue así, según lo relatado por Alan, ambos fueron sometidos por la fuerza y luego esposados.
Lamento no poder decirle más de los hechos ya que estos los conozco por los comentarios que me decía Alan, él es quien conoce los hechos completos, pero se encuentra incomunicado y el en CERESO de Santa Rosalía”.
Acto seguido entro a hablar con el Sub Procurador LIC. HUGO GALINDO CAMACHO a cargo del caso, le reclamo la detención sin orden de autoridad ni cargos en su contra o de los demás detenidos, a lo que el citado Sub Procurador solo contesto que le había ordenado la detención al AGENTE MINISTERIO PÚBLICO DE HEROICA MULEGE LIC. ALOY AGUIAR YEE por órdenes del Procurador General de Justicia de Baja California sur LIC. GAMIL ARREOLA LEAL y del Gobernador de Baja California Sur MARCOS ALBERTO COBARRUVIAS VILLASEÑOR sin más explicaciones dejando incomunicados a todos los demás detenidos y sin siquiera saber los motivos de la detención y sin siquiera mediar denuncia previa formal, por delitos que aun en ese momento se desconocían.
Cabe hacer mención, que la futura en ese momento denunciante, tiene varias denuncia penales del fuero común y federales, que nunca la procuraduría ha completado y que han sido denunciadas hasta la Presidencia de la Republica sin resultado alguno.
Como esto a mi muy leal saber y entender es una arbitrariedad de la autoridad, que constituye abuso de autoridad, daños en propiedad ajena, daño a las cosas, daños morales, allanamiento de morada, robo de vehículos, secuestro y otros que por el momento escapan a mi entender.
POR LO ANTERIOR, COMPAREZCO EN TIEMPO Y FORMA EN EL EJERCICIO DE MIS DERECHOS CONSTITUCIONALES A CON TODO EL RESPETO QUE MERECE LA AUTORIDAD A PEDIR:
1.- Se inicie averiguación previa federal en contra del C. Gobernador del Estado de Baja California Sur, por los delitos que pudieran constituir los hechos anteriormente narrados.
2.- Se inicie averiguación previa federal en contra del C. Procurador de justicia del estado de Baja California sur, por los delitos que pudieran constituir los hechos anteriormente narrados.
3.- Se inicie averiguación previa federal en contra del C. Sub Procurador zona norte de justicia del estado de Baja California Sur, por los delitos que pudieran constituir los hechos anteriormente narrados.
4.- Se inicie averiguación previa federal en contra de los agentes de la policía ministerial del estado de Baja California Sur, por los delitos que pudieran constituir los hechos anteriormente narrados.
5.- Se lleven a efecto las diligencias necesarias a efecto de que esa Representación Social Federal integre debidamente el cuerpo del delito y la probable responsabilidad del o los delitos en materia federal o local que surjan de lo anteriormente vertido.
Protesto lo necesario.
A la fecha de su presentación
Rafael Muñoz Martínez
C.C.P. C. Presidente de la Republica Mexicana.
C.C.P. C. Procurador General de Justicia.
C.C.P. Medios de difusión
C.C.P. Procurador de los Derechos Humanos
C.C.P. Archivo.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was filed yesterday night in Mexico city in front of 20 National newspapers who will start writing starting today.

For you who do not know, the District attorney can only act when there is a crime already denounced and charges files, this was not the case and they acted without any authority.
Olivia is attacking and we will defend ourselves, now she is using weapons and we will respond in kind, the weapons we use are legal and registered to defend my property so we are not committing any crime here, let’s see if she is in the same case.

We can defend ourselves against the crooks, but we cannot defend ourselves against crooked authorities who act outside of the law for money, the only way is the legal way and we will denounce every illegal act the authority do and we will report it to the press.
This is escalating because the authority is not making their job and if Olivia and Mark keep attacking, they will be stopped, we will not falter but always in a legal way.

At this time all my hotel people incliding cooks and workers are being kept in Santa Rosalia jail without charges and incommunicated.
This is an abuse of power that we will denounce every place there is a legal option.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.