Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  71    73    75  ..  83
Author: Subject: Mark & Olivia; Playa Buenaventura
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 10:47 AM

Names change, as do people in the "trade" ... quite frequently

There is a "trade" which exists in Mexico which supplies the USA with what it apparently really wants ...

Think the idea of closing down the dispensaries and telling folks to grow their own is a wise move ... might help with some jobs in the plant propagation industry and would remove a great deal of "traffic" from various sorts ... in the "trade"

Victory Gardens ... of a sort ... :biggrin::biggrin:

Amazing what can develop from differing points of view ... HUH

Take it slow and easy ... but, keep on truck'n .. Either SOB or NOB ..

Have shared our experience with the "trade" while down for 14 months from Oct 2009, to Jan 1, 2011 .. it was there and doing quite well, only met one guy that "disappeared" and worked for the local folks, in the trade, his name was Oscar .... he was trying to "cut" someone out of their fare share... a definite NO, NO .... never found his truck either..

He was the guy that dug the hole we buried our super dog in ... RIP Scout and Oscar... as I don't think he took a vacation

Could be some, get out more and have previous knowledge about "how" things work ... as it to the "trade" ... just saying

Cheers, Toneman .. hope ya are feeling great, hang in there :):) Wiley

[Edited on 8-27-2012 by wessongroup]

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 11:14 AM

Sorry Nomads for not posting much lately but have been extremely busy with the abalone project, trying to get the house done and a few other projects. It really saddens me to see how disagreements on events/issues quickly evolve into personal attacks.

As far as David (ELINVESTIG8R), I know him and consider him a good, personal friend. I also know members of his adopted family in El Rosario, all who confirm his story of when he was lost as a child and taken in by the Espinoza family. (for those of you who raised questions)

It is too easy to put good manners aside and allow online disagreements to turn into flame wars. That is one of the downsides of the internet as it takes the personal element away and it seems harmless to say (post) something you probably wouldn't in person. I know because I have been guilty myself a few times in the past.

I invite any of you to take the time to meet David in person and size him up as to his true character before jumping to conclusions solely based on silly posts made on an internet forum. I did and I am proud to call him my friend...
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGringo
I invite any of you to take the time to meet David in person and size him up as to his true character before jumping to conclusions solely based on silly posts made on an internet forum. I did and I am proud to call him my friend...

No one is doubting David has ''true character'' in person.

His bullying, insults, name calling and threats of physical violence have no place on this forum. These things are not ''silly posts.'' And there is NO justification for this kind of behavior here.

Just my opinion.

US Marines: providing enemies of America an opportunity to die for their country since 1775.

What I say before any important decision.
F*ck it.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 02:04 PM

I dont think it is Baja Gringos job to reign in El investigator. He is a big boy and can police himself. I also dont think that his comments, maybe rough around the edges are offensive or racist. Maybe El investigator is rough like sand paper, but we shouldnt judge him without knowing circumstances that molded him to what we or you think is rough and tough. I have had some issues with P.T.S.D. which caused depression, anger and a whole host of other problems, I'm not saying that this is his case, but we should all try to be nicer to one another. And finally filters and moderation equal Censorship. Just my opinion. Thanks Matt

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
norte
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 03:54 PM

Kid, did you ever read your own rants. I personally find your posts offending as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Listen up, you can make excuses, you can defend the abuse, you can join in the downward slide of disrespect and you can justify it as a result of prior abuse or PTSD.

However, this circle of abuse, will continue as long as members of this forum allow and encourage it, in this case by someone who claims to be a public servant sworn to uphold a common code of ethics which he has repeatedly failed to do.

Apparently the thin blue line is unbroken, regardless of the cost, regardless of the damage done. Note that this thread is about the abuse, fraud and physical violence perpetrated by a so called attorney. This case has come to the attention of all three levels of government in Mexico and has resulted in many arrests and continues in on going case of fraud that is being investigated.

Now we have a connection of abusive behavior associated to the case with a member of the Office of the Public Defender of Orange County. As this case continue to unfold we have a open case of conspiracy to defraud property owners, intimidate with violence, commit arson, threats continues to be investigated.

Now we have various member of the forum jumping forward to support the abuse at any cost, justified because it's a friend.

The pathetic nature of this case and the thread and the lack of clear and unambiguous support for ethics and morals is devastating to the community nature of this site. Furthermore, the behavior of various members demonstrates that there is collusion to further this abuse, threats, bullying, intimidation and has all but drawn down the quality of the site and distracted from a supportive, law abiding and respectful community.

There will be further repercussions from the actions of those few people in the minority here who collude to intimidate and bully others. Certainly there has been great damage done. The most clear result is that those who bully are unwelcome at social events and may find themselves named in the investigation and therefore not welcome visitors. It's unfortunate that Doug continues to support this abuse through dereliction and has allowed it onto the main board as well as ensured that the abuse is well indexed and searchable by all.

One wonders what has happened to self respect amongst these posters and their so called friends and when did mutual respect go the way of insults and bullying, since when did poor social behavior become the norm as well as encouraged and since when did it become fashionable to support abusive people in public.

On the contrary, I would encourage increased social respect, ethics and morals and I would think it is appropriate for BajaGringo, Doug, Tony and others to encourage David Mayne ******* and others to tone down the public bullying, abuse, insults and encourage David to discuss his personal issues privately among friends and not target outsiders nor join into the fray of international cases of violence with weapons, intimidation, property theft and arson in an on going case that has broad implications.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 05:13 PM

Comments about recent posts:

1. If ramuma is permitted to be publicly abusive then why would one expect Investigator to not be allowed the same behavior.

2. Just because Investigator is wrong (actually stubborn) in his support of ramuma does not mean that all of his other opinions should be discarded as well.

3. It seems to me that Doug Means could easily simply state why he has allowed ramuma to create hate posts for last 2 years with impunity. That would clear up much of the confusion.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 05:56 PM

hear! hear!

only 4 more to 1500 of this bs.

Hope we hear from Doug.
Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 05:58 PM

Oh the righteous patrol is at it again. Kid your are a pompous buttcrack IMO. Who died and made you the morality police for BN. You're welcome to your opinion but stop trying to shutdown and filter opinions of others. If Doug wanted to, like he has many times in the past, can censor whatever he wants. It's his board not yours or mackeral's.

As far as David, his integraty has been soiled by these individuals so he says STFU or I'll kick your ass. Well they keep it up and they can take the consequences of their actions. You pusses who have not fought in wars like we have can not walk in our shoes and should not bring up your phony heart felt saga of helping vets. What a crock of chit. You're just a lying buttcrack looking to get symphony off the hardship of injured war vets. What a man you are kid. I remember being spit on and called baby killer from the likes of your kind after I returned from Viet Nam. So spare me from further Dibble along these lines.

As for Rafael the only criminals in that case are Mark, Olivia, and S Baja law enforcement agencies. They tried their best to steal his property and kill Rafael for exposing the corruption but fortunately he out foxed them again. All court cases have been in his favor. Don't you believe in mexican law and order or do we have to follow BN's law for baja? I have no clue why Rafael is being such a martyr but I believe he is sincerely trying to clean up baja. All you guys do is perpetuate the criminal elements in Mulege. You all must be quite proud of yourselves for trading your morals for a free beer or a basket of chips.

Anyone wants to discuss this further in person I'll be teeing off at Torrey Pines tomorrow 8/28 at 0600. I've got an opening in my foursome so bring your clubs. I'm the radical communist looking guy. Here's a picture of me so please introduce yourself. I don't bite.

[Edited on 8-28-2012 by Lobsterman]
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 06:21 PM

Gnukid-

I met David once, in Santa Rosalia. He introduced me to Anita (Mama Espinoza). I know his credibility regarding his relationship there. Furthermore, he was very kind to me. He has never been abusive to me here on The BajaNomad. I asked him a question in this string and he gave a lucid, respectful and responsible answer.

If you have read my posts through the years you would agree that my predominant running theme is civility. As long as abuse is not directed at me personally, I will leave it to those who feel abused to defend themselves.

I never require that one need agree with me. They just should never attack me personally. In past years I was attacked personally for my political views and for having suffered the ravages of three hurricanes/floods in Mulege. I responded appropriately and effectively. Language is my rapier. When necessary, I can garrote an opponent and expose his ugly intestines to shame and ridicule. But even that is not the most effective way to deal with abuse. The best way is to leave them twisting in the wind with no response. They live for combat and silence kills them!

It does no good to try and regulate the behavior of others. Whenever I have in the past it was a waste of time. What I do is to try to lead by example. So, I will not be baited into your issue. It is none of my business. Not my Job.

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 07:18 PM

I suspect there is blame to be shared by many for the loss of civility here and its roots probably go back to other threads. It becomes a blame game of who said what first and to try to settle such a disagreement is pointless.

I suspect that most simply skipped the third paragraph of my precious post, assuming it doesn't apply to them.

And that is how civility is lost in a forum such as this...

:rolleyes:

ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 08:09 PM

I thank my friend(s) who said kind words about me and came to my aid. They know I am not a crazy man. ***************************************************** my family and me were put in danger by someone who exposed my full name address telephone number and place of employment for all to see. There were others who egged him on. I was addressing one of them in here and got a little rambunctious. The person bantering about my full name and place of employment also egged this person on, as did others. I would appreciate it if he would refrain from using my full name, place of employment, and also erase them in his current posts here in this thread. I am asking nicely.

[Edited on 8-29-2012 by BajaNomad]

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 08:23 PM
TONEART !!

HOLA,,YOU ARE A COOL/WISE MAN.....MUCHO GUSTO!!
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 8-27-2012 at 09:57 PM
Excellent point!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ELINVESTIG8R
I thank my friend(s) who said kind words about me and came to my aid. They know I am not a crazy man. I do have couple of scores to settle because my family and me were put in danger by someone who exposed my full name address telephone number and place of employment for all to see. There were others who egged him on. I was addressing one of them in here and got a little rambunctious. The person bantering about my full name and place of employment also egged this person on, as did others. I would appreciate it if he would refrain from using my full name, place of employment, and also erase them in his current posts here in this thread. I am asking nicely.

The font drives me nutz, and the comments are occasionally over the top,
but the man is absolutely right on.
Delete the personal stuff and let's get on with being Nomads!!!
ELINVESTIG8R
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 03:29 AM

Kid, I am going to ask you nicely again to remove reference of my name and where I work from your writings. You are also accusing me of things that are untrue and I am asking for you to retract/remove them from your posts.

desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 07:57 AM

And I might ad

that I hope this entire thread will come to a complete stop

and lets us all go on with what being a Nomad is about,

STOP ,, any one have some nice trip reports and Photo essays,, hey I miss Pompano's morning posts, how about every one else
lets all take a deep breath
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl

hey I miss Pompano's morning posts, how about every one else
lets all take a deep breath

They were always so positive, without appearing to be saintly.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Let's make this clear! David please remove your personal attacks here and on your site, about each and every person you have targeted. Remove ALL OF THEM, today. If you fail to do so, we will be required to escalate and take action to have the posts removed.

This all seems so pointless, Paul. Why the ultimatums when you know full well what the response will be?
This thread has miraculously avoided being tossed into OT for a long time, but I fear the honymoon is quickly coming to an end.

[Edited on 8-28-2012 by DENNIS]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 11:58 AM

IMO: Any posts that violate Nomad rules should be removed and the Nomads who continue to harass other Nomads should also be removed for a time determined by Doug... Doug, it is about time for some action, yes?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 12:05 PM

Quote:
Dennis,

I am surprised that you and others are so certain that abuse must continue and we must support the abusers because they are or used to be Cops/Vets and suffer PTSD, when all it takes is a little peer pressure to discourage it and it will stop.

Well...I'm on David's sht-list as well, and I don't support any of it. I only see it as a manifestation of an obsessive-compulsive, ongoing rant and refuse to give it life by responding to it.
You're only dumping fuel on a fire, Paul. You know that.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-28-2012 at 01:15 PM

The septic tank is overflowing from the Off Topics and from another site......into this Topic here. I am too.............at a lost why the attacks are being tolerated here. Not one person should make physical threats towards any other.......acts of blackmail...and emailing slanderous notes to non participants of the BN (family and friends of members)......and it happens far too much here at the Bajanomad site.

I just recently spent a good deal of time at the Pomona FairPlex last week.......great area to visit. However..............outside of the city limits, there are vast areas of what seems to be drug infested hoods. I sure wouldnt want to visit these areas at night. Same thing with camping......come on now.....who here would dare camp at San Pedro? Ya get mugged....and beaten for the hell of it.

I say small pockets of Southern California is NOT the a good place to camp...much less visit. I say also.....that MOST of Southern California is a great to visit day or night.

Same goes for Baja............MOST of Baja is just fine to visit. Dont assume one town judged..... to represent the entire Baja Peninsula.

[Edited on 8-28-2012 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
 Pages:  1  ..  71    73    75  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.