Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  83
Author: Subject: Mark & Olivia; Playa Buenaventura
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:31 PM
just a few friendly hotel workers

the hotel staff look forward to your visit!

Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:38 PM

Hey Wooosh,

Why would a supposedly smart man like Ramuna send such mental midgets as would hand their gun over to the likes of Pompano, to do anything for him ?

Why would he condemn and accuse when he wasn't there and hasn't talk to his people to get their story ? How does he make this stuff up ?

Which bridge might it be OK to shoot someone on ?
BTW, there appears to be 2 bridges; 1 is a walking bridge over water, the other is on the driveway to the restaurant which is the only access without going through the hotel property.
Please make some sense of this for me.

[Edited on 2-11-2012 by Diver]
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:41 PM

Skipjack,

Perhaps the SOS was an advertisement for their dinner special. :biggrin:

[Edited on 2-11-2012 by Diver]
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:43 PM

Diver

Why did Mark and Olivia take over that American couple's home. The whole thing is a stinks
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
All I am doing is seeking to understand the situation and players.
Have you ever physically met any of them?

Personally I have not; all of my impressions have been from their postings on this forum, and based on that input I've formed the opinions previously posted. Given enough raw material (and the Turtle Thread provided plenty), I think that is reasonably reliable.

Larry, I think that is the point. How can you form such a firm opinion based on such loose information.

I have none...and am skeptical of the whole situation.
Diver
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:49 PM

Don't really know much about who owned what or when.
Not saying Mark and Olivia are the hero's in this; I have no clue.
I can see that the parrot really likes Mark but then he seems to like almost anyone. :lol:

I do think that some of Ramuna's exploits and explanations have been downright comical or worse.
He makes himself an easy target, guilty or not.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Diver
Skipjack,

Perhaps the SOS was an advertisement for their dinner special. :biggrin:

That would be SNS then -

Soup 'n Salad ?
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
That would be SNS then -

Soup 'n Salad ?

I like SOS....Sht on a Shingle. Sometimes I'll put on my old Army fatigues and make up a mess of the stuff and go at it. :biggrin:
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 05:03 PM

dennis; i like sos also...and that is the very best way to describe this entire incident, trust me...just a friggin can o worms, amigo...try as we might, it will take a long, long time to sort it out...still, they are our neighbors, and we will back them just out of "the right thing to do"...we'll see...

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by lencho
Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
All I am doing is seeking to understand the situation and players.
Have you ever physically met any of them?
No, I have not met them. I have worked with Raphael's team here in Rosarito Beach, but I have not met him personally. I don't know the nomad couple personally either and seriously understand the frustration of land title issues. Our land title battle has only been six years but I have been beaten, threatened, and attacked with a 2x4 while justice in Mexico moves slowly. So I understand the stress involved and never knowing if it will end.

Raphael is a Mexican real estate law expert. Period. He knows every word of the Mexican constitution and real estate law. He gives free advice to nomads here and many nomads seriously appreciate his expertise. Apparently he is saying this was provoked by them coming over the bridge onto his property and apparently living in a house he owns. Even he admits he has not talked directly with his people being held in jail. Raphael posted his letter to the PGR and that's all we have.

If I were to speculate what is going on (a true nomad tradition) I'd say: Raphael likely owns the house they were living in or the land around it. It is on the other side of the bridge. He wanted to make a point about people staying off his property and he certainly did that. No blood was shed and Raphael says he does not want violence. The bear spray went off before the shotgun did. There is no lingering threat of further violence. So that's just my NoMind guess until we know who owns what buildings and what land. You can't let someone settle onto your property in Mexico. If you don't protest right way like Raphael's people did, it's basically theirs. I know it looks archaic and like something out of the Wild West, but this is how things still work in rural Mexico. These things can go on for decades and no one ever gets to relax and enjoy the land they fight for- which is sad imho.

btw: I did get an e-mail response from Raphael within a few hours of sending it. He was not aware of the situation down there until I notified him.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel
Rafael may be have degrees, but he is certainly a thug, and a land thief. Just ask him why he can't come to Baja? Thugs and bandidos follow him for a reason.

Yes, it is apparently a legal land-theft game where the person who knows the law best wins. There are two courts making different decisions on the same piece of land and they are unaware of each other's actions. There is Federal Zone land, an ejido land claim and a private property claim with a National Land Title involved at this site- and they are all in different jurisdictions.

The local papers are covering it just like Raphael said they would.

"PGR investigating BCS for protecting Narco-trafficants" with two person's photos.

"Olivia Higuera, who in addition to 14 criminal charges for various offenses, mainly because links to organized crime, is under investigation by the Department of Navy of Mexico, for cooking turtle illegally." (OMG!)

http://notiredmexico.blogspot.com/2012/02/pgr-investiga-func...

http://www.oem.com.mx/elsudcaliforniano/notas/n2423483.htm

[Edited on 2-12-2012 by Woooosh]

[Edited on 2-12-2012 by Woooosh]

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 07:19 PM

I was just getting ready to welcome Angel to Nomads and his post disappeared........1 post and already gone.....we didn't even get a chance to give him a proper welcome......dt

[Edited on 2-12-2012 by dtbushpilot]

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 07:24 PM

i have never bought property w/o title insurance.
...just saying :lol:
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
i have never bought property w/o title insurance.
...just saying :lol:

who paid for anything? :lol::lol:

Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 08:15 PM

- BREAKFAST IS NOW OPEN AT MARK & OLIVIA'S

- ALSO LUNCH AND DINNER

- CAMPING

- SITTING AND JAWING AT THE BAR

- TRAP SHOOT IS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Well, today is another poker day..Anas at noon, but.. Tengo muy hambre!.. so first I drove down to Playa Buenaventura to have a good breakfast…at least so I hoped! I missed that the other day, you see. Something about shotguns and barricades...

You never know, after all the commotion down there the last few days, maybe Mark & Olivia were both in town signing papers, swearing to this and that, testifying, buying shotguns, etc.?

Who could tell?…but it’s only a very short drive, so away I went to see my old compadres at their beach café.

I stopped to look at the beach again from a good viewpoint turnoff just north of the beach. Not much activity today…nada...quiet...just the way I like it...sort of.

I drove on in past the hotel turnoff …and found that the short road to the café was not barricaded today.

I parked on the waterfront next to the entrance and walked in to the sound of music…and the smell of…FOOD!

Slipping a little on my drool, I entered the flagstoned café… and, hey… there was the notorious couple themselves.

You have to use your imagination a bit, but I can see a bit of Bonnie and Clyde shining through. But wait, that’s not a very scenario for this great twosome…Bonnie and Clyde were killers…Olivia and Mark are peace-loving folks who just want to live their dream.

After hugs and handshakes all around, I was introduced to two of Mulege’s ‘finest’…who were keeping an eye on the place and providing a ‘police presence’ for the couple, if needed.

They were indeed a ‘presence and show of authority’. Very cordial fellows, and we exchanged some pleasantries while Mark went to get me a breakfast plate.

And what a plate….and they insisted it was on the house. (but I managed a hefty tip for Bertha, the cook….ah, that Bertha...mama mia!) Screw the diet for today. I’ll fast tomorrow when at sea.

Mark, Olivia, and I talked quite a bit about the situation at hand…and how it was affecting their lives. A real bummer. I doubt if I would have had as much patience as these two seem to have in the face of such adversity…and for so many years. Nope, I would have lost my cool. But then…my solutions would probably not work in this case. My tool chest explains a lot. Contents: One small hammer..and..One BIGMOTHER hammer.

From reading all the various beliefs and conjectures on this thread, I can only say…Thank God, it’s just mostly good-natured rumor and supposition expressed by avid internet users getting some mileage out of this event. Just that…rumor …and very little, or no…’ facts’. Second hand info is about as useful as teats on a boar. Hell, we all know that…but it’s okay to put out our theories and what-ifs. Makes enjoyable reading…unless we get malicious. Our dictator/government has not decreed a ban on thinking for yourself…..yet!

I’m the expert on what I know and believe. I base it on many years of experienced and witnessed facts…period. Big Hammer time for sure. Mark and Olivia would let the Mexican courts decide the legal side of all this. (There is still some faith in that system.)

Mark and Olivia are my friends…none of my friends are criminals.

In my opinion….They have already won the moral & right side of the issue.

The rest is in the hands of justice…shaky as those hands are. :rolleyes:

…”…And that’s all I got to say about that…”
-Forest Gump

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 09:30 PM

For all those who want to know, check

http://www.aztecanoticias.com.mx/notas/seguridad/95960/hotel...

http://www.diario23.com/?p=5589

http://www.razon.com.mx/spip.php?article110276

This was said by my attorney
Estimado Rafaél

El Lic. Aloy Aguilar Yee es el autor material y el Subprocurador de Averiguaciones Previas de la Zona Norte Lic. Galindo Camacho es el autor INTELECTUAL de realizar la estrategia del ministerio publico consistente en el amedrentamiento de tu equipo de trabajo, el cual consiste en imputarles el delito de ULTRAJE y que obtengan su libertad bajo el pago de Caución (fianza) con la finalidad de que la próxima vez que se agreda la integridad física de Olivia y de Mark proceder a la detención inmediata por REINCIDENCIA.

In other words:
All my hotel staf was detained with viuolence because Olivia claimed some one strugled her.
The District attorney just acted without any court order.
Now they are being held in jail for stealing my property, you are reading right, stealin MY PROPERTY when they are my legal representatives.

This has gone too far and be sure the globes are going to come off with her and the crooked authorities.

On monday I have a meeting with the Estate Secretary concerning this problem and they will certainly will act at once, also I am being told that the District attorney General has this case personally because the Governor belong to the PAN party and will certainly become a political bomb on the next presidential elections.

Olivia and Nark just made their last mistake as free people
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 09:32 PM

New ones are coming by the minute and on the National radio we have several explosive comments
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 09:36 PM

Cypress
I do not know you, I am not saying you smoke anything and I do not mean to offend you, but you just dont use reason very often but I guess some of us do the same from time to time
ramuma53
Banned

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 09:46 PM

Well, as always, Olivia is lying
She claim to have won in court, but the problem is she did not win against me, I won all the cases she trew at me personally ans she know it.
It is clear she does not own the hotel and she say it is hers after 10 years legal battle, but she have never won the hotel, she actually lost that legal battle, so she is clerarly lying to you Baja Nomads and if necesary I will post that legal riling here for her to be exposed.
As you see, she is trying to go in to my property and accepting it herself, that is the problem and the cause of this confrontation.

Also for those who do not know, she does not own any but any land, she only has a federal concesion that she has not paid for 7 years.

So, if she try to put a foot in my property again, she may lose that foot, I will act acording to the law, but I will act all the way the law allow me to deffend my property, no more concesion to crooks
KaceyJ
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-11-2012 at 09:47 PM
Muy Senor mio

You Certainly know how to "push some buttons"

Quote:
Originally posted by ramuma53
For all those who want to know, check

http://www.aztecanoticias.com.mx/notas/seguridad/95960/hotel...

http://www.diario23.com/?p=5589

This was said by my attorney
Estimado Rafaél

El Lic. Aloy Aguilar Yee es el autor material y el Subprocurador de Averiguaciones Previas de la Zona Norte Lic. Galindo Camacho es el autor INTELECTUAL de realizar la estrategia del ministerio publico consistente en el amedrentamiento de tu equipo de trabajo, el cual consiste en imputarles el delito de ULTRAJE y que obtengan su libertad bajo el pago de Caución (fianza) con la finalidad de que la próxima vez que se agreda la integridad física de Olivia y de Mark proceder a la detención inmediata por REINCIDENCIA.

In other words:
All my hotel staf was detained with viuolence because Olivia claimed some one strugled her.
The District attorney just acted without any court order.
Now they are being held in jail for stealing my property, you are reading right, stealin MY PROPERTY when they are my legal representatives.

This has gone too far and be sure the globes are going to come off with her and the crooked authorities.

On monday I have a meeting with the Estate Secretary concerning this problem and they will certainly will act at once, also I am being told that the District attorney General has this case personally because the Governor belong to the PAN party and will certainly become a political bomb on the next presidential elections.

Olivia and Nark just made their last mistake as free people

[Edited on 2-13-2012 by KaceyJ]
 Pages:  1  ..  7    9    11  ..  83

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.