Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Beach Restoration Underway
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-22-2012 at 10:08 AM
Beach Restoration Underway

Home Improvement:

In an effort to present a more natural look to the beachfront, the new owner at Casa Coyote had the old sea wall torn out and before long, the new beach will begin to form from the tides and waves. It is an interesting procedure to watch. Almost as exciting as watching paint dry...almost.

The old wall.

Demolition time:

Kinda looks like the 'Ugly Duckling' right now, but after a couple weeks it should start to look like a 'Swan' Beach..and I can show you when that happens, okay?

Just think. Wow!!.what a treat you have in store, eh? So much excitement on this Nomad thread, it's hard to keep from jumping up and down, right??

[Edited on 2-22-2012 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
GLNaeve

[*] posted on 2-22-2012 at 11:09 AM

Roger,
Gosh, that will be a real change for the bay. Is there an attempt to remove the sea wall in total in fornt of the older houses? Perhaps is the an attempt to satisfy the most recent "profepa" issue.?
Thanks,
Gary
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-22-2012 at 11:22 AM

Isn't there a chance the removal of the seawall could cause more, not less sand erosion?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-22-2012 at 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GLNaeve
Roger,
Gosh, that will be a real change for the bay. Is there an attempt to remove the sea wall in total in fornt of the older houses? Perhaps is the an attempt to satisfy the most recent "profepa" issue.?
Thanks,
Gary

Hola neighbor, Yes...the removal will also serve to smooth over the issues with Profepa, so it serves both purposes well. Seems like those guys never give up, right? Even after I showed them grandfathered rights... go figure?

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
Isn't there a chance the removal of the seawall could cause more, not less sand erosion?

Whoosh, there is always a chance of 'anything happening', but in this case the configuration of the futue beach will most certainly look the same as in the above photos of the adjacent beach to the north..which is just a continued shallow sloping beach. I dont think Wind and Tides are plotting schemes...but are carring out nature's regular plan.

But Hey, life is a crap shoot at best...the dice are rolling now.

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
GLNaeve

[*] posted on 2-22-2012 at 11:46 AM

Roger,
Thanks for the information. Long story short, Casa Rae has two citations at $15,000.00 USD each. Yes, even with all the "grandfather clauses." Perhaps all the home owner's should participate with removal and costs?
Thanks again.
G

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.