BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Carnival Splendor in the news again.
luv2fish
Nomad

lol.gif posted on 2-25-2012 at 07:25 PM
Carnival Splendor in the news again.

This same ship was the one involved in a fire a while back, now apparently several passengers were robbed at gunpoint while making port call in P.V. But Mexico is safe, crime happens everywhere....
:lol: :lol:
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320196

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
Woooosh
Banned

Mood: Luminescent Waves at Rosarito Beach

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 07:30 PM

"Carnival said they plan to work with the passengers who lost valuables and reimburse the losses." That is very, very nice of them. That generosity won't continue indefinitely however.

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
1961- JFK to Canadian parliament (Edmund Burke)
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 07:42 PM

oh man. that stinks.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Woooosh
"Carnival said they plan to work with the passengers who lost valuables and reimburse the losses." That is very, very nice of them. That generosity won't continue indefinitely however.

Wonder what they will say when people start loosing their heads... Yikes :light::o:o

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 08:27 PM

"they" will say, "prove you had a loss!"

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 08:32 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 09:19 PM

My wife keeps beggin to go on a cruise to Baja. Sounds dangerous. Just kidding. I need an adventure where I'm not driving. This would be kind of relaxing and maybe I'd get kidnapped.

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 2-25-2012 at 09:30 PM

yeah, kidnapped by a roving band of amazonian women. their queen is/was called Calafia.

true story.....:light:

bajalearner
Senior Nomad

Mood: in search of more

[*] posted on 2-26-2012 at 10:48 AM

I remember a story that the Ships are leaving their San Diego base this summer due to fewer passengers going to Mexico. Is that still true?
sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-26-2012 at 02:42 PM

I recently talked to a guy who took the 7 day Mex cruise,
he wouldn't get off the boat in port, PV, Maz the
Cape, my position was, heck you have nothing to
be concerned about
rayfornario
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajalearner
I remember a story that the Ships are leaving their San Diego base this summer due to fewer passengers going to Mexico. Is that still true?

Yes it is true that fewer ships are leaving San Diego for Mexico and now the season has been shortened to the end of April. It is a shame because it is great to pick up a cruise form here in San Diego. I have been on several Mexican cruises with out a proble. I once rented a car in P.V and drove for several hours up in The Sierra...beautiful. It is a shame when things like this happen because the knee jerk reaction is just to cancel all cruises. The ports are safe and the locals are great.
My wife and I are taken a cruise on The Carnival Spirit to Mexico leaving on April 8th...can't wait!!!!

Even a bad day in Baja is better then a good day somewhere else!
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
This same ship was the one involved in a fire a while back, now apparently several passengers were robbed at gunpoint while making port call in P.V. But Mexico is safe, crime happens everywhere....

Several? try a bus loaded with 22 passengers, boarded by masked gunmen, and all robbed of valuables.
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rayfornario
Quote:

Yes it is true that fewer ships are leaving San Diego for Mexico and now the season has been shortened to the end of April. It is a shame because it is great to pick up a cruise form here in San Diego. I have been on several Mexican cruises with out a proble. I once rented a car in P.V and drove for several hours up in The Sierra...beautiful. It is a shame when things like this happen because the knee jerk reaction is just to cancel all cruises. The ports are safe and the locals are great.
My wife and I are taken a cruise on The Carnival Spirit to Mexico leaving on April 8th...can't wait!!!!

Ray

you might want to check with your cruise line, i think some thing was said about them cancelling futher sailing
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 11:26 AM

Puerto Vallarta police have blamed the cruise line for this incident, saying the shore excursion should have only been conducted in the morning when the safety of the passengers could be protected. huh?

\"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing\"
sanquintinsince73
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 11:50 AM

I say build a Port of Call at Woody & Ateo's secret surf spot. Blindfold all passengers and confiscate all GPS devices.

sancho
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 11:53 AM

Quote:
saying the shore excursion should have only been conducted in the morning when the safety of the passengers could be protected. huh?

What a spin job, like it is OK before noon? I assume that
the bus was going so. of Vallarta a ways, I remember some
jungle spot, Chicos Paradise? PV is 1 of the safest cities I know of on the mainland
Woooosh
Banned

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by sancho
Quote:
saying the shore excursion should have only been conducted in the morning when the safety of the passengers could be protected. huh?

What a spin job, like it is OK before noon? I assume that
the bus was going so. of Vallarta a ways, I remember some
jungle spot, Chicos Paradise? PV is 1 of the safest cities I know of on the mainland

exactly. Chico's is where they filmed the first Predator movie and is just inland from Mismaloya. It's probably the easiest access to the jungle. Love the hiking, waterfalls, rope swings into the water and that darned monkey they keep roped to the pole. I have friends vacationing in PV this week and they are having a great time- oblivious to all. I guess being in an open-top tour bus made them very easy, high-dollar targets.

[Edited on 2-28-2012 by Woooosh]

rayfornario
Nomad

biggrin.gif posted on 2-28-2012 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by desertcpl
Quote:
Originally posted by rayfornario
Quote:

Ray

you might want to check with your cruise line, i think some thing was said about them cancelling futher sailing
rayfornario
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 01:10 PM

I checked with Carnival...they are still going.

Even a bad day in Baja is better then a good day somewhere else!
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 2-28-2012 at 04:45 PM

Sheeesh!! I just booked a Carnival cruise from Long Beach to Ensenada... I should of just drove and saved myself the trouble and $381.00... But I heard the food is good :bounce::bounce:
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.