BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: From a woman's blog regarding visiting a border town.
Cisco
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 08:56 AM
From a woman's blog regarding visiting a border town.

"Saturday, March 3, 2012
My experience going to: Mexico Ciudad Acuna, last week
My passport was getting ready to expire in April. I had a new passport picture taken, then I filled out the form and sent it in to have it renewed. I got a new passport in just two weeks. I was really surprised how quickly it got to me.

About a week ago I went across the border into the border town of Ciudad Acuna, Mexico from Del Rio TX.

It was a surreal experience. It's amazing how Mexico has changed since I used to go down all the time.
I saw only one other non hispanic in the 5 hours I spent there. The boy looked in his early 20s walking around by himself. I was with a friend. We first bought a shell necklace for $1.50. Then to a bakery to sit down and taste their treats.
We watched a high school girls drill team practice in the square.
Had an extraordinary dinner -- The bill was $18 for both of us which included 4 beers total. In the US this bill would have been at least twice that much.

I went to a grocery store and bought carmel candy, vanilla and Mexico Coke.

We had the fruit from the street vendor with chili and lime on it--delicious!

Bought two bottles of antibiotics at the pharmacy.

All the time we were followed and watched over by security. They were very discreet. But anytime we looked lost or were trying to find something or trying to get someone to understand us (rarely did anyone speak any English) a security officer would step in and give us directions or translate for us.
They were all very nice. We questioned one officer and he said that the people who owned the businesses have hired them to keep the tourists safe, so we will come back.

When we went to go back across the border that evening we were pulled over for secondary inspection--first time that has ever happened to me. They went through my truck under and over, went through everything---took an hour. There were four men and two women US border patrol that did the inspection. It was incredible."
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cisco
(rarely did anyone speak any English)

In a border town? Little English?? C'mon.

Quote:

Bought two bottles of antibiotics at the pharmacy.

When we went to go back across the border that evening we were pulled over for secondary inspection--first time that has ever happened to me. They went through my truck under and over, went through everything---took an hour. There were four men and two women US border patrol that did the inspection. It was incredible."

I wonder if they found the illegal contraband....the prescription drugs? Maybe that's why they had six inspectors tearing her apart.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Gull
Someone needs a time out!:lol::lol:

Well....he really should make an effort to understand that Woody is a Baja Legend and shouldn't be the target of all those malas palabras.

I, on the other hand, can take it. Fire away. :fire::biggrin:
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 12:51 PM
Gaylord...

Who is Gaylord? I posted a few weeks back how they pulled me and my 12 year old daughter over in inspection and gave my car a fine tooth comb treatment...I had an assortment of Mexican medication, insulin needles for patients, and Secondary didn't ask me for any prescriptions....I think that it's all a random thing....and I wouldn't take it personally. Personally, I am very grateful for the frank and objective comments I get from Dennis and the others, I might fight with them, but I believe in Freedom of speech and unless its unduly abusive, which I don't feel was the case here, I enjoy the sense of humor they display, and frankly, calling Dennis an A**wipe might get you punched in the face, because Dennis can be a really nice guy, but I wouldn't want to get on his bad side..and I think what you just said to him crossed that critical line.

[Edited on 3-4-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

[Edited on 3-4-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

[Edited on 3-4-2012 by BajaNomad]
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 01:14 PM

hey Cisco, all i was getting at was you posted that in the classified section of the board. anytime you feel the need you are invited to kiss me squarely on my lily white rear end!

now, go get your medicine:

http://bumwine.com/cisco.html

edit: who moved this thread? now i look like an a**!:lol::lol::lol::lol::P:P:P:P kiss it.

[Edited on 3-4-2012 by woody with a view]

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 01:35 PM

well I thought it was a nice story.:P
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
well I thought it was a nice story.:P

Yes...it was, but it begged interpretation which didn't bode so well for the story line.

Hey...Cisco....I apologize for looking past the cover of your, and your friend's story. It was a good one, and I appreciate that you put it up here.
In the future....be prepared for discourse. It happens here.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Dennis can be a really nice guy,

Thanks for watching my back, Dra. J. It's nice to have friends.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 3-5-2012 at 02:17 PM
Who IS Cisco anyways?

Is she a man or a woman, since it refers to a woman's blog??
Quote:
Originally posted by DENNIS
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Dennis can be a really nice guy,

Thanks for watching my back, Dra. J. It's nice to have friends.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.