Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: Surfer's Guide to Baja
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 10:43 PM

dewey, now theres a classic surfing name! remember back when if you wanted to shape surfboards it helped to have a name that ended with that "ee" sound? dewey,gordie,ole,wardy,renny,hobie, come on veterans, help me out!:cool:
dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 10:56 PM

dopey, stoney, phony baloney....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
Bob H
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
S$ellin out the sport. Imagine Tamarindo with 100 guys out! I bet the guy is not too popular at his home break. Oh well.:no: Tio

Tamarindo... Costa Rica, right? I spent a few days there about 10 years ago at a place called Hotel Pasatiempo. What a great place to be!!

http://hotelpasatiempo.com/

Ordered a fish meal at some restaurant there and shortly thereafter a small boat arrived with a freshly caught dorado!! It was fantastic!

[Edited on 11-30-2012 by Bob H]

The SAME boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you are made of NOT the circumstance.
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 07:28 PM

Hey david I have the 1st addition, how much is it worth?
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dewey
Two kinds of spots in Baja. Easy ones to get too and hard ones to get too. The harder it is to get too, the less people in the water. The easy ones are in the book.

They are all in the book, if it's worth going there, all surf spots were found by 1973, when my friend Greg Chelew found Punta Pequinia, the rest had already been surfed and talked about, the only place you don't hear about is Cabo San Quintin, I started to go there in the 80's and was stopped by the Military on a sketcy dirt/sand road, and elected to turn around, we were in a large truck and there was not much of a swell so we turned around, I wish we went on, let me know how it is. I had some friends surfing a little known surf spot they called the wall, this was in the early 70's, it's one of the supposed secret spots along the 7 sisters area, just north of Bahia Santa Rosalillita, 30 years before it was a secret

[Edited on 7-11-2013 by 805gregg]
mojo_norte
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-7-2013 at 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
dewey, now theres a classic surfing name! remember back when if you wanted to shape surfboards it helped to have a name that ended with that "ee" sound? dewey,gordie,ole,wardy,renny,hobie, come on veterans, help me out!:cool:

Woody
805gregg
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mojo_norte
Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy

Woody

Dummie
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 05:57 PM

When we came north from BA at the middle of last month, you should have seen all the vehicles heading south with several board on the roof.

They were heading down to catch the south swell from the hurricanes.
We probably saw about 40 vehicles heading south.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 06:10 PM

We also have this book
Stop by for your copy

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg
They are all in the book, if it's worth going there, all surf spots were found by 1973, when my friend Greg Chelew found Punta Pequinia, the rest had already been surfed and talked about, the only place you don't hear about is Cabo San Quintin, I started to go there in the 80's and was stopped by the Military on a sketcy dirt/sand road, and elected to turn around, we were in a large truck and there was not much of a swell so we turned around, I wish we went on, let me know how it is. I had some friends surfing a little known surf spot they called the wall, this was in the early 70's, it's one of the supposed secret spots along the 7 sisters area, just north of Bahia Santa Rosalillita, 30 years before it was a secret

so you and your buddies are the reason places are so crowded these days? figures.... btw, seems you know all the names but your geography is a little whack.....

[Edited on 7-16-2013 by woody with a view]

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
Quote:
Originally posted by 805gregg

so you and your buddies are the reason places are so crowded these days? figures.... btw, seems you know all the names but your geography is a little whack.....

[Edited on 7-16-2013 by woody with a view]

805:
Wow, there are two Walls? I only thought there was the Wall I knew ______ of _____________. I gotta check this other one out. :?::?:

It's all good fellas.

MMc
Super Nomad

Mood: Current

[*] posted on 7-15-2013 at 07:47 PM

I have to agree with 850, the only spots to surf in Baja are in that book. There are no other spots and never will be. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.....

"Never teach a pig to sing it frustrates you and annoys the pig" - W.C.Fields

boe4fun
Super Nomad

Mood: Circling the drain........

[*] posted on 7-16-2013 at 08:22 AM

Back in 1992 I was sitting in the water at Tamarindo between sets and talking to another gringo. He said he couldn't believe how warm the water was compared to "The Rock" in CA. I asked him what rock, and it turned out he was talking about Morro Rock. He worked at the Abalone farm in Cayucos and lived about 20 minutes from my house. Small world.........

Two dirt roads diverged in Baja and I, I took the one less graveled by......

Soy ignorante, apático y ambivalente. No lo sé y no me importa, ni modo.
BajaGeoff
Super Nomad

Mood: Heading To Baja!!!

[*] posted on 7-16-2013 at 10:12 AM

Apparently Mike Parise never made it here.....

magentawave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2013 at 11:02 AM

Beautiful...as I drool over my keyboard!
Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2013 at 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaGeoff
Apparently Mike Parise never made it here.....

Rocks are very dangerous here, as is surfing, generally. Avoid getting hurt. Don't surf.
BooJumMan
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-16-2013 at 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Rocks are very dangerous here, as is surfing, generally. Avoid getting hurt. Don't surf.

... Exactly... "Surfing Sucks! Dont try it!" lol
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-17-2013 at 02:21 AM

if you don't surf, don't start.....

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 7-17-2013 at 04:52 AM

If you do people will start calling you one of those "ee" names.....don't let people start calling you one of those "ee" names...

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
magentawave
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-18-2013 at 12:39 PM

Hah hah! I love it when surf shop owners sell some clueless beginner one of those stripped down to its skeletal elements surfboards that only the pro's can ride cuz then I know they'll lose interest after the first few times out.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.