BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Any chance to see whales in mid April?
Pavla

[*] posted on 3-17-2012 at 10:15 PM
Any chance to see whales in mid April?

We were going to go to San Ignacio at the end of March, but have to move the time to April. Everybody here is telling me that he whales are already passing San Francisco on the way North. I am wondering if we are likely to get to Baja too late. Should I just wait and try again next March?
Thanks...
P.

[Edited on 3-18-2012 by Pavla]
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 3-17-2012 at 10:27 PM

Hi Paula...ordinarily mid April is too late but I saw quite a few young calves in Ojo de Liebre last week which means there will be more calves there later so you might get lucky....or wait till next March and come out with us on my birthday extravaganza whale trip!!!!

It was great to finally meet you and Mr. Paula too!

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 3-17-2012 at 10:32 PM

ojo is do-able until late march!

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 3-18-2012 at 08:12 AM

For San Ignacio, check with Kuyima

They schedule to close down on April 15, but if you e-mail them, they will tell you if there are any whales still there.

When the Shipman's did their DVD about RVing in Baja, we talked to them and told them that May was really too late for whale watching. They, however decided to try anyway.

They went to San Carlos and a guide told them that there was a whale still hanging around and he was very friendly. They had a great experience with that whale--- it can happen.

But if your time is flexible at all, I would wait to closer to the time and check on the situation first.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.