Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 02:54 PM

pretty much like i thought.

lucky guess!:light:

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 03:39 PM

So much for global warming...raising the sea levels, huh?

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
So much for global warming...raising the sea levels, huh?

You did have to ruin what was otherwise an interesting topic.
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 04:11 PM

Just asking but what does a dead turtle contribute to this thread?:?:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 04:36 PM

it adds to his post count.:light::lol:

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 04:42 PM

You should have posted a picture of your dog like the rest of us DK:lol::lol:...dt

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 06:01 PM

[img][/img]

Image (only) of the beach area
Frank
Senior Nomad

Mood: Is it time to leave yet?

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 06:08 PM

Amazing. How deep is the new "bay"?
Osprey
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:05 PM

Now it goes down to the bottom.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:12 PM

Now if that image above is as it's happening that is creepy! Just like Woody said churning and foaming.

Now where does it go? Does the sand slide out over a rock shelf? or sink straight down?

Maybe if someone down there isn't doing anything tommorow they could dive the area an give us an update.

Just cuz I'm interested, and creeped. And inquiring minds want to know.
greta-inbaja
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-3-2012 at 08:38 PM

Hi,
We are in n. cal now so we asked a friend to check it out.. He said it is pretty incredible. Looks like the beach drops to 100 ft pretty much right off shore.. Frailes is usually our nice, quiet, calm beach when it is windy and rough everywhere else. We dove there in nov. can't wait to dive there when we go down at the end of april. Gotta wait for the sand and gunk to settle to make a dive worth while. The submarine canyon comes right into shore there, hence the pelagics. This thread is pretty intersting despite the snark. IF we hear anything from any local divers we will post it.
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 05:37 AM

Wow, if its straight down 100ft. it would seem the sand has built up against a shelf vs. on a shelf. Wonder how far back that goes? The thought of putting on the belt and sitting in the captains chair fighting a cow from the beach is intriguing. Or even from the bed of a truck. With the ebrake on of course.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 10:53 AM

David. I apologized to the owner of the photo, who I know. I suggest you remove the photo since it is nor yours.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 10:56 AM

You provided the link, no mystery... I justy clicked on the photo to see if there were more of the beach or perhaps more info to varify... and that beautiful huge turtle photo was so interesting to see, I wondered why it hadn't been shown before... as a matter of historic interest (provided the turtle was taken when such things were 'legal').

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 10:59 AM

Removed, no skin off my back... NOTE: if anyone wants to see a huge turtle photo, just click on the link that RALPH provided and click on the photo to see the others that are THERE for ANYONE to see. wow

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
You provided the link, no mystery... I justy clicked on the photo to see if there were more of the beach or perhaps more info to varify... and that beautiful huge turtle photo was so interesting to see, I wondered why it hadn't been shown before... as a matter of historic interest (provided the turtle was taken when such things were 'legal').

So you took the photo with out notifying the author or without crediting the author.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by David K

So you took the photo with out notifying the author or without crediting the author.

Nope, I didn't take anything... It is called a hyper link... to a public-open photo, on HIS site. Taking it would be saving it onto my PC or my photo album and linking it to my web site. I did NONE of that.

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 11:49 AM
Back on topic... The beach over the years...

Is getting bigger... and there is an arroyo that will continue to add sand with each flash flood.

On June 16, 2002:

On June 19, 2003:

On March 22, 2005:

On February 4, 2006:

On August 13, 2009:

THE ABOVE 4 IMAGES ARE NOT MINE, THEY ARE FROM GOOGLE-EARTH and are shared here for EDUCTIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. NO FINANCIAL GAIN OR INTELECTUAL PROPERTY THEFT. :light:

[Edited on 4-4-2012 by David K]

Leo
Senior Nomad

Mood: could be better

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 04:39 PM

I just can't believe it. Walking the high-water line there all around with my dog for it's twice a day one hour walk on March 22 and 23. Guess it was not our time yet.
Thanks DAvid for the file pictures. Amazing!

The grass is always greener....
and so, there is always a better spot in Baja
maspacifico
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-4-2012 at 04:55 PM

Thanks David. Early Google Earth shot pretty much shows exactly where this new thing is, but it is a sharper cut right now. Funny how you don't notice gradual changes, but it went from the last back to the first....in a day. That is a lot of sand, and since 2009 I think it had filled in even more! There is a big hole out there.
 Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.