Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3
Author: Subject: SHARK!!!
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:00 PM

nice catch. i don't think it wanted anything to do with you, the little peanut might not have been so lucky!:light:

baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:02 PM

Threshers are the good guys of the shark world and maybe the most graceful swimmer of the lot,super jumper,and lastly very good eating.
Rob
After taking another look it appears something took the tip of his tail off,thats the guy you don't want to mess with:lol:

[Edited on 4-18-2012 by baitcast]

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:18 PM

Hate to see a nice animal get done in. Why don't you guys just kill'em, eat'em and quit doing the trophy thing? Why are you so effing proud of your ability to kill an animal? I reserve that distinction for the military......a feeling I know.
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:26 PM
Thresher

Thresher

I think that's a complete thresher tail. No nips.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:26 PM

were,not able to pull it into the boat:o no thanks! nice catch
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:27 PM

because hamburger (or sushi) doesn't grow on trees?:biggrin:

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:55 PM

Well, it's hard to catch and release a shark. I suppose you could cut the line. I once had a thresher on the end of myline. I vaulted 15' right in front of me. I couldn't stop thinking about that moment for a week.

Agree with Dennis: killing it was a mistake.
chuckie
Elite Nomad

Mood: Weary

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:56 PM

So the military is allowed to do the trophy thing? Not in my Marine Corps...

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 04:59 PM

how unfortunately timely.:no:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by chuckie
So the military is allowed to do the trophy thing? Not in my Marine Corps...

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-afghan-...

bill erhardt
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:16 PM

This trophy great white, reported to have been 20 feet long, was taken in a net off Guaymas last Sunday......

white bn.jpg - 41kB
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:22 PM

man thats a big fish! I like the guy holding his daughter back. smart man, those things dont know theyre dead for days!
baitcast
Super Nomad

Mood: good

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:25 PM

Not nearly as friendly and the size of a submarine with teeth,those guys are scary:o
Rob
this reminds me of the time:lol:anyway it was the first we had ever hooked off Orange Co. we got him along side of the boat I reach over and grab his tail:rolleyes:having no idea what I was doing the end of that tail comes up and slams me along side of my head knocks me flat on my back everyone is laughing their ares off and I,m seeing stars and the ears are rings for hours...........do not grab the tail:lol:

[Edited on 4-19-2012 by baitcast]

Anyone can catch fish in a boat but only \"El Pescador Grande\" can get them from the beach.

I hope when my time comes the old man will let me bring my rod and the water will be warm and clear.
Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 05:54 PM
I am always looking to be shown the other side of the coin , but...

Not to be argumentative but I see absolutely nothing wrong with catching a non endangered fish, legally caught and it is eaten by people less fortunate than I. Now there are those who say that at this rate, everything will be extinct at the rate of our population, but this is just my opinion.

Non endangered
Legally caught
Feeds many families

Fine by me

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

LaPazGringo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Howard
Not to be argumentative but I see absolutely nothing wrong with catching a non endangered fish, legally caught and it is eaten by people less fortunate than I. Now there are those who say that at this rate, everything will be extinct at the rate of our population, but this is just my opinion.

Non endangered
Legally caught
Feeds many families

Fine by me

Argumentative? I think you're being downright reasonable, Howard. In fact, I find it impossible to argue with your logic.

Howard
Super Nomad

Mood: I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done.

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 07:06 PM

This is the Baja Nomad forum. I expect to get torn to shreds!
Some people on this forum would boo Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny!
:biggrin:

We don't stop playing because we grow old;
we grow old because we stop playing
George Bernard Shaw

MrBillM
Platinum Nomad

Mood: It's a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah Day

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 07:57 PM
Working Hard at Extinction

Reminds me of all the Fishing trips on my Dad's boats as a youth. He and his older cousin were Men on a Mission determined to do everything in their power to rid the Ocean of every Shark possible.

Often, not even trying to boat them. Got them to the surface and started pumping Rifle shots into them.

Neither bothered to share the motivation behind their obsessive Hatred other than the sharks stealing their catch.

It WAS interesting at times to watch the Sharks feed on each other, but got boring with repetition.

The ONE fairly interesting incident was the time they, along with another friend on his boat, boated a 6 ft Blue after pumping 45s into it and took it back to the mooring in Avalon where they took turns over the side staging mock battles for the camera. THAT was unique.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:11 PM

So tragic to see a beautiful thresher killed like that. When will we come to our senses?

carpe diem!
LaPazGringo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBillM
Reminds me of all the Fishing trips on my Dad's boats as a youth. He and his older cousin were Men on a Mission determined to do everything in their power to rid the Ocean of every Shark possible.

Often, not even trying to boat them. Got them to the surface and started pumping Rifle shots into them.

Neither bothered to share the motivation behind their obsessive Hatred other than the sharks stealing their catch.

It WAS interesting at times to watch the Sharks feed on each other, but got boring with repetition.

The ONE fairly interesting incident was the time they, along with another friend on his boat, boated a 6 ft Blue after pumping 45s into it and took it back to the mooring in Avalon where they took turns over the side staging mock battles for the camera. THAT was unique.

Yeah, that sounds shameful. May I ask what that has to do with this guy catching/eating a thresher though?

LaPazGringo
Nomad

[*] posted on 4-18-2012 at 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
So tragic to see a beautiful thresher killed like that. When will we come to our senses?

Would it be "tragic" if another animal ate it? Or would the "tragic" part only apply if a human eats it? :?:

I'd like to come to my senses over some ice cold Pacifico and thresher shark steaks smothered in lemon and butter! Preferably without a self-righteous individual condemning me for choosing to do so.

[Edited on 4-19-2012 by LaPazGringo]

Pages:  1    3

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.