Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2  
Author: Subject: BAJALOU - Lou Wells
Bajajorge
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 08:55 AM

Bajalou a fixture around Baja and an all around well liked, good guy. Would drop everything to fix your broken stuff, or give you advice or info. The old desert rat will be greatly missed.
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 09:05 AM

RIP Lou. The last time I saw Lou was during the mission walk. I loved the turkey feast he and his wife put on. He will be missed.
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 09:26 AM

What a huge loss! Lou was a prince of a guy. Can't count how many mechanical scrapes he got me out of. I loved hanging out under his palapa with he and Teina shooting the chiite. The New Year's Turkey feast was the best. Lou had an ageless quality about him - just seemed like he'd live forever. Goodbye Lou, thanks for all your help and friendship. :(

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 11:13 AM

I have tried to live by his signature since the first time I noticed it.

"Never argue with an idiot. People watching may not be able to tell the difference"

Must have been a heck of a guy
RIP

BajaGringo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Let's have a BBQ!

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 11:48 AM

I never had the pleasure to meet you in person Lou but really enjoyed your helpful posts here on Nomad. Sounds like you had a long, rich and rewarding life filled with many good friends and loved ones.

Godspeed my friend...

teinatoo

Mood: smilin'

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 01:21 PM

Dear Nomads, I want to thank you all for your kind and loving comments and a special thank you for the pictures from Ken, David and Mexitron. You guys are all so special and wonderful. Lou loved the adventure of Baja and sharing on Nomads and even when he didn't have the energy to post he would read and enjoy.
I read to him during his last few days all the wonderful stories that people were sending about their experiences with Lou and maybe by the end he was seeing how much he was loved. He was always so humble and unassuming and I am so glad that I could give him that gift at the end.
Heaven had to get a little bigger to let Bajalou in.
Teina Wells
BajaRob
Senior Nomad

Mood: Life is good

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 02:17 PM
Teina

Connie and I are so sorry. Lou touched many of us in a special way that will never be duplicated. The last time that I saw Lou he loaned me his map. I will always treasure it and the time spent. I wish that I could have written more in my email but I was risking shorting out my keyboard. If there is anything that we can do for you

here let us know. God Bless and may Lou fly with the Angels.
ArvadaGeorge
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 02:41 PM

sorry to hear of this loss
our world is less without him

[Edited on 5-10-2012 by ArvadaGeorge]
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-10-2012 at 03:26 PM
Mr. Baja!

The gentle giant of Baja ...........BajaLou. May you rest in peace..... my friend. I am sure that God rearranged heaven to look just like Baja for you!

I meant Lou many years ago here on the BN. I was asking about Sand rails and he had all the answers for me. I promised him a fish taco for the help....and over the years he would remind me that I owed him a fish taco :-) He never got that taco, but he did indeed get a friendship that lasted thru the BN, the u2's, emails.......and finally face to face a few years back. I always looked forward to seeing him whenever I visited SF.

I say a gentle giant because he was never mad at anyone....never had harsh words......just a guy with a great smile and a big heart. He had knowledge to share about Baja.........and a mind that was sharp as a razor. Who couldn't like a guy like Lou?

I have known about Lou's illness for some time now. He never let that get into his way. Always positive.....always looked forward. I'll miss that little smirk smile that he kept on his face :-)

Lou had a home at the El Dorado Ranch in San Felipe, known for many fantastic Holiday meals......his outings with the gang here.......his helping hand to all in need. He passed away in New Mexico, where his other home is. Goodbye my friend. Good bye Mr. Baja.

BajaLou at the 2010 McFestival in San Felipe.

I would like to suggest.....that a remembrance page be added to the BajaNomad site.......to honor our Nomads. Also, I requested to Doug that this topic be moved from the News to the General Topic area. Thanks Doug.

[Edited on 5-11-2012 by mcfez]

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 5-11-2012 at 10:27 PM

I remember going to Restaurante El Minuto at Lou's recommendation for breakfast.

Real good times and good food with Baja Lou.

tunaeater
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2012 at 12:01 AM

Baja Lou was a dear friend of mine and my family. When I started racing motorcycles in 2005 Lou was there for me. Lou educated me on which race radios to buy and how to buy them. He came to my house in El Centro and modified my race radios.

We used Lou's property in El Dorado many times over the years to stage trucks, bikes and race supplies. He was always willing to help out anyway he could. Lou would always be on the malecon in SF for contingency. We would hang out and talk over the race strategy and plans. The races that ended in SF Lou was always at the finish line. When a race went through SF Lou was always there cheering me on.

Through the years Lou and I became close. He would stop by my work often in El Centro to say hi and chat for a while. One day he was there and didn't have anything to do that night. I told him to go to the local movie theater and watch Dust to Glory.

On my visits to San Felipe I would call him out as I was driving past El Dorado. He would come back and tell me to turn to another frequency so we could talk. I only went to one of his New Years festivals. My youngest son at the time was only nine weeks old and I think the oldest guest was in his late 80's or 90's.

Lou was a man of great spirits,so much positive energy came out of him. He always thought of the best outcomes in any situation.
A man with so much knowlege and expeirene he loved to share.

I thank him for his friendship and support for the many years he gave me. I will miss him greatly and will always call his name as I pass the Rockodile sign on my trips to San Felipe.

Teina you are in our thoughts as well. A loving wife and a friend of ours. If you ever need anything we are here forn you.

Lou I love you and will always remeber the true friend you were.

May you rest in peace in the skys over San Felipe. Watch over us like the angel you are.

Your buddy Tunaeater

[Edited on 5-12-2012 by tunaeater]
Desert Rat
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-12-2012 at 12:33 PM

I just recieved notice from Don Jorge concerning Lou's passing. What a shocker! It's been several months since I read the Bajanomad board and had no idea that Lou was ill.
My condolences go out to Teina, Lou's family and all of his good friends in San Felipe. Lou offered his help, along with Wornout, to assist me on a solo trip to Diablo Canyon and later with another trip Diablo with Don Jorge. Both times, he went all out to make the trips successful and enjoyable. What a treat it was to have known Lou! Rest in peace, Lou and thank you for being my friend.
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 11:45 AM

mexitron, taco, - that was a special day. lou was one of the gems of the earth. may he rest in peace...
GregN
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 5-13-2012 at 02:59 PM

Over a dozen years ago, I rode with Lou and Bruce Barber as they led others on a dune buggy adventure through the San Felipe desert. Saw Lou again in SF last year. A real class guy. He will be missed.

teinatoo

Mood: smilin'

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 12:41 PM

Dear Nomads, I wanted to thank you again for all your stories and pictures. Here is the obituary I am submitting today. Credit to Ken Cooke for that great Photo, thanks Ken

.Louis Edward Wells
5-17-33 5-8-2012

Lou made transition peacefully at home on Tuesday May 8th with the dignity and grace by which he lived. ( just short of his 78th birthday)
Lou was born in Fruita CO and was proud to have served as a U.S. Marine. After his service he married and raised a family in California where he worked for many years for different railroads, retiring from the Southern Pacific.
Moving to Baja, Mexico in 1995 he met and married his wife Teina. They enjoyed many activities and hosted an annual feast which brought the community
together. His passion for exploring and mapping the San Felipe desert lead him into many off road adventures with a wide network of friends and Baja enthusiasts. He will be forever remembered for his talent and willingness to turn a wrench for whoever broke down.
Lou and Teina moved to Truth or Consequences in 2007 as snowbirds and became more permanent residents thereafter. Lou divided his time between Baja and T or C while Teina was more full time in NM.
Survived by wife Teina Barrett Wells, also son Edward D. Wells, daughter Cynthia A. Duke, both of Lake Elsinore CA. Preceded in death by son Darrell A. Wells and first wife Beverly Wells.
Cremation has taken place and celebration of life will be held at the Patio at the Dam Site on June 7th at 4:30. Another service will be held in San Felipe at a later date.
Memorial donations may be made to Desert Mothers SA DE CV, a no-profit organization in San Felipe, Mexico which trains local women in marketable craft and art. These may be given to Teina, brought to the celebration or mailed care of Donna Roberts, PMB 1327, PO Box 9011, Calexico, CA 92232
TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 03:28 PM

Thanks Teina. Lou had a lot of friends that miss him.
angels4
Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 03:38 PM

Rest in Peace and may his family find comfort in the memories he left behind.
bacquito
Super Nomad

Mood: jubilado

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 04:35 PM

I did not know him but it sounds like he contributed greatly to Baja Nomad .
R!P

bacquito
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 05:10 PM
Baja Lou @ Georges (11/24/06)

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 5-14-2012 at 05:43 PM
Baja Lou discussing the Northern Baja region with Tom Severin of Badlands Off-Road Adventures, Inc.

Pages:  1  2  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.