Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  35
Author: Subject: To Doug"
comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:06 PM

DK If I understand your post, you are saying that the people are leaving because of the forum moderating.(Moderator) and that we need people like you and others to help with the moderating.

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:14 PM

Nope, not even close to what I said... Rather than an army of moderators as some forums have, how about moderation yourself?

I (as a member here) am simply asking for some self control... We all can get mad, or say things in the heat of the moment, but if we act like family, we get over it and get on with life.

Self moderating means to remove nasty or unkind/ personal attacks... as Doug can't be here all the time... Keep it a friendly Baja camp, for everyone who comes to have fun, learn and play nice.

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

comitan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:19 PM

DK It sure seems to me you are making proposals beyond just member status!

Strive For The Ideal, But Deal With What\'s Real.

Every day is a new day, better than the day before.(from some song)

Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth.

“The sincere pursuit of truth requires you to entertain the possibility that everything you believe to be true may in fact be false”
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:24 PM

I'm guessing that if a new visitor to Nomad, unless he was looking for a place in Baja called Doug, would not open this thread. We've all just joined in the intramural pot shot-ing at a self-made target.

This is a diverse community. This is part of the mix. And I don't doubt for a second that should the call come, every one of these jousters would drop their sticks and try to find a way to help anyone in need just as Nomads always have. It is tear-jerking amazing, the generosity of the folks on this board. It really is more than just a place to get Baja questions answered.

Even up here in the Alta. Nomads have a Green Angel on I-5 between Redding and Medford. I'm in the book. :lol:

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by vgabndo
In the field of Skeeterology, I've always had a question about the two people who posted under that name. There have always been a certain percentage of posts which were properly spelled, punctuated, and demonstrating a good control of the language. I remember thinking "who the hell wrote this for him".

BINGO....I brought this up once....talking to deaf ears, but you're right Perry......he does have assistance with his posts....mostly prior to Jack-Time.
Fun that you noticed this as well.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
I (as a member here) am simply asking for some self control... We all can get mad, or say things in the heat of the moment, but if we act like family, we get over it and get on with life.

I looooooove you, David.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by whistler
I miss "Amigos de Baja".

Reopen it and quit living in the past.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LaPazGringo
Maybe I'm more sensitive than most cause I lived in TN and Alabama for years and got my fill of ignorant trailer trash who are fascinated by that word.

YET, IT'S PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE FOR BLACKS TO CALL EACH OTHER THAT.

Bob Durrell
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 08:39 PM
Unfortunately that is correct

Quote:
Originally posted by durrelllrobert
Quote:
Maybe I'm more sensitive than most cause I lived in TN and Alabama for years and got my fill of ignorant trailer trash who are fascinated by that word.

I was the only white man in a black church for 7 years,
It was amazing the names they called each other,
but oh boy, careful what you say.

They called me the "WHatt Boy" and I was chairman of the deacon board.

But it was great fun, and an extraordinary learning experience for me, and for them...
LaPazGringo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 08:45 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Your point being that therefore it's perfectly acceptable for anyone who hates black people to use the term to revile them. Listen, I'm not the least bit interested in debating anyone who promotes for such spew. Especially malicious, antagonistic old farts who hang around here sowing bitterness every chance they get...
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Black Trans Lives Matter

[*] posted on 6-6-2012 at 09:31 PM

Quote:

What's your point?? I don't use this word, nor am I ignorant enough to find it acceptable.

DanO
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Cypress
And the "N" word?:lol:

I've enjoyed your posts over the years, but anyone who condones the use of that kind of hate speech on this forum and then hides behind the bulls**t curtain of political correctness is definitely not worth my time to read. Oh, and the smilies don't help. They make you seem sort of creepy.

\"Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.\" -- Frank Zappa
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 04:49 AM

DanO, I condone "hate speech"? Hide behind the PC curtain? Smilies are creepy? Hope you're feeling better now.;D;D
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 08:03 AM

Glad to see that there are other BN members that see this issue the way I see it.

Time to get pass the hate.

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 10:55 AM

Amen!;D
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:12 PM

It might have just been what it was .... funny as hell...

LaWanda Page ... one funny lady... IMHO

Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:54 PM

Did she use the "N" word? Was it funny? Did you laugh?:biggrin:
LaPazGringo
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 12:54 PM

Where's the funny in that video? It has a black woman using the N word. Hilarious. There are a million funny clips from Sanford and Son on YouTube and we had to post that one? This thread is disgusting.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 01:20 PM

No, it isn't digusting, it's silly. All these nomads trying to punch their race card? Punch it! Heck, stick it in your pocket and save it for a serious situation. Or maybe you can find some other place to stick it? :biggrin:
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 6-7-2012 at 01:23 PM

At the time Sanford and Son hit the air it seems it was clear to all the folks I hung out with that throwing the N word all over the place was being done to take the sting out of it. Archie Bunker was a completely disgusting caricature but he helped take the sting out of what had been traditional Christian American hate speech. Much more recently the technique found it's way into the GBL? community when gay people started calling themselves queers. It helped soften the impact of the word when used in hate.

Interestingly, to be an atheist is to be mistrusted, lied about, and indeed hated more than any homosexual or person of color. We just don't have to show it on the outside, so don't have to live it. Americans have made atheist a dirty word filled with insane connotations. It is actually the absence of an act, and is akin to being an "afairy" if one doesn't believe in fairies.

I like humanist best right now. Skeptic and free thinker also help to keep the hatred of atheists from my door.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
 Pages:  1  2    4    6  ..  35

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.