Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  35
Author: Subject: To Doug"
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 11:00 AM

I had sort of toned out this thread but checked in when I saw a few more pages on it...Tony...thank you for your story and keep up the fight amigo. Look into macrobiotics...it saved a couple friends of mine...brown rice saves! That does sound rather agnostic doesnt it? We are all pulling for you brother.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 05:52 PM

I would never have fallen into this thread had I not seen Shari's name as the last poster, and well, what ever Shari has to say, is always of interest to me.
I never would have guessed the turn this thread has taken. Although not the best of news, I am glad I opened it and read from the bottom not the top.

I too wish to express my greatest respect and most certainly do wish You well Tony. I have always enjoyed your perspective. None of us know for sure how nor when, but in the end, we all have in common the knowledge that our days are numbered. I hope how ever many you are allotted will be lived as much as possible with the joy of every day stuff that sometimes we forget to embrace until we get the kind of wake up call you have received.
When I was 15 and more than a little incorrigible, I too, was locked away (for 6 months) in a Christan Childrens home "for my own good". It was not as radical as your experience, the worse I had to deal with was a razor strap across the but and many days of isolation until I figured the only way out was to be "saved"; I got really good at sucking up and praising Jesus and convinced them their work was done and got the heck out of there and never looked back. So, I do have an empathy for your perception of Evangelism.
Best of Luck to you in the path you have chosen to deal with this cancer.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Mellow

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 06:58 PM

Tony I was moved by the eloquence and honesty of your post. You are a favorite of mine here and I know with your attitude and resolve you can beat this thing. Praying to imaginary beings is, of course, a waste of time, but I will hold good thoughts for you!!

carpe diem!
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy
Praying to imaginary beings is, of course, a waste of time,

That would be a silly thing to do, Ken, but if it's a God you are refering to, I believe that's a state of mind.
We all have our personal level and depth of need for company.
I respect yours. :light:
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 07:27 PM

DENNIS I was referring to all the imaginary beings humans have invented and prayed to over millennia, zeus, apollo, god, allah, the flying spaghetti monster, etc.

[Edited on 6-9-2012 by Ken Bondy]

carpe diem!
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 09:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZAXGb5akQ0

Ihumblyflyfish
bajadogs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 09:28 PM

WOW! My favorite Nomads, the one's who keep me reading and participating on this forum, share similar non-beliefs with me.

Toneart,
Tears dropped this morning after reading your post and the posts around it. You are in my thoughts.

¡SALUD!

Ps. Skeet, sorry your exit thread was hijacked, good people showed up.

[Edited on 6-9-2012 by bajadogs]
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 09:45 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYTTtHTodSM&feature=relat...

Seeyouatthecrossingcallmeiflyfish
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
DENNIS I was referring to all the imaginary beings humans have invented and prayed to over millennia, zeus, apollo, god, allah, the flying spaghetti monster, etc.

Well said Ken! You left out Thor.

Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ateo
Quote:

Well said Ken! You left out Thor.

Damn!! And Thor was one of my favorites!

carpe diem!
toneart
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Skeptical

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 10:43 PM
Gracias Amigos y Amigas!

My gallows humor and twisted mind carries me through this. Here is a quote by Woody Allen:

"I don't want to be immortal because of my work. I want to be immortal for not dying!!!" :wow::lol:

mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-8-2012 at 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
My gallows humor and twisted mind carries me through this. Here is a quote by Woody Allen:

"I don't want to be immortal because of my work. I want to be immortal for not dying!!!" :wow::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart

I'd say "Amen" except for the connotation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvum6eHxLZI

Iflyfish
mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 07:44 AM

hey antonio!....roz and i are thinking of you; stop by when you're in town whether it be here in mulege or up in sequim....we've got a great summer concert series going on at our farm and you're always welcome to sit in.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ridge
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Bondy...Praying to imaginary beings is, of course, a waste of time...
We don't know that.

Got a deal for you ridge. You pray for me, I'll think for you.

carpe diem!
wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 08:50 AM

"Ps. Skeet, sorry your exit thread was hijacked, good people showed up."

Don't think Skitter minds one bit ... :):)

vandenberg
Elite Nomad

Mood: mellow

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 08:52 AM

Quote:

Why not put God in this line-up? They're all imaginary beings made up by the human mind, whether it be the man with the flowing beard or the man whom rains down fire and thunder upon us. Made up by humans who couldn't explain a lot of world's happenings. Now, with humanity far better educated, those made-up creatures are slowly being pushed into the background. Most religions are in a serious decline, except maybe Islam, which makes headway amongst the poorer of nations.

I think my photographic memory ran out of film

Air Evacuation go to
http://www.loretobarbara@skymed.com
Ken Bondy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by vandenberg
Quote:

Why not put God in this line-up? They're all imaginary beings made up by the human mind, whether it be the man with the flowing beard or the man whom rains down fire and thunder upon us. Made up by humans who couldn't explain a lot of world's happenings. Now, with humanity far better educated, those made-up creatures are slowly being pushed into the background. Most religions are in a serious decline, except maybe Islam, which makes headway amongst the poorer of nations.

vandenberg he/she is in the lineup. I just don't capitalize him/her :)

carpe diem!
Mexitron
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Happy!

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 09:51 AM

Thor, Apollo, Zeus, Hera, et al....all archetypal aspects of the one Mystery...which is also us...too. Calling them "imaginary" might be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Cypress
Elite Nomad

Mood: undecided

[*] posted on 6-9-2012 at 10:09 AM

Who knows? As long as someone's not trying to convince or force me to accept their belief system, they can worship horny toads as far as I care. My guess is as good as anyones. If you look at all the major religions in a totally objective manner they all have some weird aspects.:biggrin:
 Pages:  1  ..  4    6    8  ..  35

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.