Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: bajacactus
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 06:50 AM
bajacactus

what happend to your station on sunday? no power or no gas i suspect. ended up draining the gas out of our atvs to get north. another great trip with perfect weather. will post a report on the fishing section later. allso for those of you with places in bola there have been many break inns recently so you may want to check up on yopur places.:coolup:
BajaVida
Senior Nomad

Mood: muy cool

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 07:38 AM
very disconcerting

the last time I remember that station being down was in January 1979 when we had to drive through the river crossing the road south of El Rosario with 4 people in a 1968 Ford Falcon running on av gas

No se apure y dure.

Don\'t hurry and you\'ll last longer.
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 07:48 AM
No Gas

That's why I ALWAYS have 5 -10 gallons in a jerry can (dependent on travel location) . Thus, I can get to the next sation, or the US, if needed. :light:
synch
Nomad

Mood: wandering...

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 11:12 AM
Spare fuel can

I don't have the ability to carry a spare fuel container outside my car, but I know it is prudent to carry spare fuel in Baja.

Can you recommend a good fuel container that will carry 5-10 gallons without letting fumes get everywhere inside my car/SUV?
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 12:44 PM
Sorry...

Hi 4baja....

You are right... last friday the CFE (Federal Commision of Electricity) which is responsible for supplying electricity all over Mexico, decided to make some changes on the high voltage lines running just in front of the gas station, so we began running our generator to continue working... however, somehow these guys made a mistake while working and a HUGE voltage spike came into our gas station starting a fire inside our offices and burning some of the electrical equipment.

Fortunately, our safety measures came on inmediately and shutted down ALL THE GAS STATION.... this was at 5:30 pm...our generator was damage and the lines coming from CFE where burned...so we had no power....

We inmediately started working, very hard, to restore power and by 9:30pm we where in bussines again... 4 hours later...

Sunday, we had to shut down for about an hour to make some final repairs...

We are very sorry for any incovenience we have may caused you 4Baja.... first time in 10 years we where closed... and it was not even our fault...

By the way... the CFE came by and looking at the problem they have caused only said...."sorry"....

We hope this never happens again...

[Edited on 10-11-2004 by BajaCactus]

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
Taco de Baja
Super Nomad

Mood: Dreamin' of Baja

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 01:36 PM

If you want a can that wont leak, it hard to beat NATO cans

http://www.expeditionexchange.com/wedco/

or

http://www.britishpacific.com/offroad/jerryCans.html

or search for them on the web

The main trouble with fuel cans these days, if you live in CA anyway, is the new CARB requirements that have a VERY LAME spout that is difficult to use to refuel a gas tank on a car/truck.
Paulina
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 04:08 PM

Quote:
" allso for those of you with places in bola there have been many break inns recently so you may want to check up on yopur places.:coolup:

Steve,
Can you be more specific regarding the break ins? Thank you.
We are eagerly awaiting your trip report.
P y D

[Edited on 11-10-2004 by Paulina]
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 05:08 PM
break inns

Apparently, this boils down to a boom box stolen at a property between town and Gecko. Steve, in the future, could you refrain from ringing alarm bells without providing ALL the information you have? Posting the way you did is totally lame :O .
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

wink.gif posted on 10-11-2004 at 07:49 PM
Antonio

You said you have not been closed in 10 years:o But I remember about 3 years back you you closed about 8pm on Christmas eve, and were closed in the morning when I got up heading south:rolleyes: I was able to get gas at Catavina at the La Pinta...That was close;D
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-11-2004 at 08:25 PM

sorry you took it that way roberto but those who had the problem ask me to not post there names as they have not as yet reported it to the police. if you think that that is lame then you have a different problem with your self. i,m just letting people know that if there is any body they can call to check on there place then they should do so. it was along the beach to the north of us and a few places at la mona got hit. next time i wont bother!!!:coolup:
Roberto
Banned

[*] posted on 10-12-2004 at 07:06 AM

Calmate, Steve.

What was lame was posting just enough information to worry people who have something to lose. It is not necessary to post the names of the people that were hit, but maybe the areas that were, and the kind of losses would provide enough information to not leave all of totally wondering. Put yourself on the receiving end and I think you will see my point.
BajaCactus
Senior Nomad

Mood: Helpful

[*] posted on 10-12-2004 at 03:09 PM
mmmm.....

La Tijereta... you might be right... frankly I do not remember... however there was one christmas, some years ago... I do not remember which one... that the guy covering the night shift (10:00 pm- 6:00 am) had an emergency and closed without telling anyone....we did not have shift managers back then and we did not know until next day.... I believe that is the one La Tijereta... WOW!!!... you have great memory...!!!.....:D

Right now, we have almost avery base covered, so we do not have to close at anytime....and our Baja lovers friends can travel thru there without worries...

Even this last weekend situation, allowed us to repair things in a way that if something similar happens again, hopefully it will not hurt the operation of the gas station....

Grover... you are right... those CFE guys are something.... they came, look around, said "sorry", and they continue on their way.... we already filed a complaint but I do not believe it will go very far...

Anyhow... right now we are ready and fully operational again...!!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

BajaCactus
"Where Baja is so much more than a dream..."
4baja
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-12-2004 at 06:18 PM

right on cactus, no foul here an i'm leaving for the baja 1000 next month with a couple buddies so we will have xtra fuel for the road. :coolup:

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.