Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: A campy Mexico motorcycle movie on Netflix
CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 09:14 PM
A campy Mexico motorcycle movie on Netflix

I found this crazy 1971 movie "Cycles South"

3 Guys riding motorcycles from Denver to Panama. They don't go through Baja, but do show some great shots of 1971 Mexico.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 09:27 PM

Watched it last week and it ruled!

Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 09:29 PM

I would recommend to all Nomads. Interesting USA stuff as well as south of the border stuff. The bike jumping scenes rule.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 09:31 PM

Sounds like a winner! :light:

CortezBlue
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 09:47 PM

more like a wiener.

It is cool to look at the locations from 40 years ago. ;)
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-17-2012 at 10:19 PM

Loved it!
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 04:47 PM

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:30 PM

BAJO LA SAL, film in Guerrero Negro,it's a good movie..
it's base around the salt mine in GN, a Mex city cop comes to this sleepy town to solve the murders of 5 girls from the same school , that is also link the the salt mine..
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJACAT
BAJO LA SAL, film in Guerrero Negro,it's a good movie..
it's base around the salt mine in GN, a Mex city cop comes to this sleepy town to solve the murders of 5 girls from the same school , that is also link the the salt mine..

I saw the trailer for this film while getting ready to see The Wind Journeys

You can rent both films on Netflix.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:39 PM
Bajo la Sal

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:46 PM

the movie is in NETFLIX
now, prety cool has subt, in english..
BajaKurtis

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by CortezBlue
I found this crazy 1971 movie "Cycles South"

3 Guys riding motorcycles from Denver to Panama. They don't go through Baja, but do show some great shots of 1971 Mexico.

Watched this movie last night and liked it. Amazing how they rode anywhere they wanted, days gone by. Looked like they had a good adventure. Today, fences and private land are everywhere, making this trip hard. Baja has the feeling of adventure, that's why we all keep going back.

Another flick to check out. Modern day cycle adventure, "Ride the Divide" (Netflix). Mt bikers race 2700 miles South, from Canada to Mexico. I have done some 100 mile bike rides and marathons, but this bike race is insanity. Billed as the hardest race in the world.
BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-21-2012 at 09:52 PM

Thanks BajaKurtis, for the 411 I will look for this movie,on Netflix,and welcome to BajaNomad..
BajaKurtis

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:06 AM

I have been around for a bit, reading the boards but just don't post often, mostly read, here and there. Can't believe, it's been 9 years straight of 1-3 weeks a year down in baja. I Love baja, ever since my first drive to cabo. Been going since a kid in the 80's with my parents.

Off to La Fonda for a quick weekend, surfing/fishing/camping. Love it.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaKurtis
... I Love baja, ever since my first drive to cabo. Been going since a kid in the 80's with my parents. ...

Same here, just 20 years earlier... Thanks to my parents for infecting me with Baja Fever! A lifetime disease that has no cure, just treatments of going back... again and again!:light:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaKurtis

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 12:23 AM

YES! I agree. It's a disease. If I had more time and money, I would spend a month straight down there, per year.

But, I have a hard time posting some epic photos of deep, fishing and surfing places I have been. I want to, but cant.

David, you have posted some deep locations I have been to. I love the info, but dare not post my info. Let people find those locations on their own, after exploring, using maps and google sat. If google didn't scan this site so well, I might post more info of the random locations I have been, but, will pass for now.

But, we all still Love the known camping and fishing spots that are on the maps/grid!

Baja is about adventure, so look at a map and explore! Right?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 02:51 AM
wow!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaKurtis
YES! I agree. It's a disease. If I had more time and money, I would spend a month straight down there, per year.

But, I have a hard time posting some epic photos of deep, fishing and surfing places I have been. I want to, but cant.

David, you have posted some deep locations I have been to. I love the info, but dare not post my info. Let people find those locations on their own, after exploring, using maps and google sat. If google didn't scan this site so well, I might post more info of the random locations I have been, but, will pass for now.

But, we all still Love the known camping and fishing spots that are on the maps/grid!

Baja is about adventure, so look at a map and explore! Right?
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-22-2012 at 02:59 AM
oops!!

what can I say ?? I just woke up at at 2:53 am and saw somone post that they can only go to baja for a week or so !! whats wrong with the folks in the usa ?? the euro's get 5 weeks off a year but If your american you might get to sgueeze in 5 days..Im not talking about BN folks but I have meet so many folks in my travels from the states that are on a 5 or 6 day trip and then back to the machine !! get a life !! get a grip !! why even bother to come down to baja for 5,6,7, day trip ?? you wont even smell a taco !! K&T

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.