BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajadock
Thanks for Dr J's help. She was ordering nurses around, working the ambulance tomorrow morning and kicking butt getting the bill negotiated down.

Janene is one grand friend to this guy.

I too find Janene's stepping in to help Dennis a very class act, in view of all the very public animus between them.

Dennis take good care of yourself.

Ken
goldhuntress
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-18-2012 at 10:27 PM

My heart goes out to you Dennis, so sorry this happened to you. Take care, I wish you a fast and full recovery.
oladulce
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 12:58 AM

Thinking about you DENNIS, and hope you're feeling better soon.

They're going to have you wear special stockings that are tighter than panty hose and feel like your legs have been vacuum sealed. Rub some talcum powder or corn starch on your legs before applying the stockings- less sweaty and makes 'em a little more comfortable.

Let me know if you need help when it's time to take those stockings on and off and I'll come over with some rigging and a winch and we'll douse ourselves in baby powder and go to work.

Take care.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 06:50 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun!:bounce:

Quote:
Originally posted by oladulce
...we'll douse ourselves in baby powder and go to work.:O:

Take care.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:02 AM

Hope you have a speedy recovery Dennis.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:07 AM

Tony...................you always hit it on the point.........I concur.

Off Topics was asked to be in silent mode for 24 hours to show regards for my friend DENNIS.

Quote:
Originally posted by toneart
Dennis,

You will eventually read this string and realize how well thought of you are here on The BajaNomad. I have always enjoyed your contributions.

We are again engaged in a contest. This time it is our health. May the outcome be a tie with us both living many many more years in good health! I still hope to meet you someday.

Dr.E.- You have answered the Hippocratic Oath. As a professional, your ethic has joined your heart to do the right thing. During a time like this, all the other stuff quickly emerges as trivial. Thank you!

We all look forward to your next post, Dennis. Get well fast!

Saludos,

Tony

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
Burbs
Junior Nomad

Mood: Full Mood

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:16 AM

Olivia and Marco are hoping that you get back to your house and are feeling better than ever. You must feel lucky to have a pass out warning and survive another day! We hope one day to make your acquaintance!

Un dia mas!
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:27 AM

Stay strong Dennis!

Best to you.

TMW
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 08:17 AM

Get well soon Dennis you are missed on BajaNomad.
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 08:22 AM
When you are at your loneliest, you discover you are not alone.

CaboRon
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Peacefull

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:02 AM

Get well soon , old friend ... you have many friends who are rooting for you.
Ron

[Edited on 6/19/2012 by CaboRon]

jbcoug
Senior Nomad

Mood: Needing Baja!

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:12 AM

Dennis,

Hope today brings you much progress and takes you another step to getting home where you belong. Wishing you well!

John

\"The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.\" Andy Rooney
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:13 AM

Update on DENNIS

Dennis headed for Kaiser from at around 7:30 in the ambulance. He was peeing and moaning as usual and wanted his catheter taken out, saying "I have a nail in my $#&@..".I touched base with the charge nurse at Kaiser and she said that he was welcome either at Kaiser or the VA...Dennis wanted to go to Kaiser, and I personally like Kaiser better, the facility, but they will be getting authorization from the VA, so the VA will be directing his care. He stlll cannot move his left hand at all and his left leg is weak. I need to try and make his door and entrance wheelchair accessible, the guy that works for him was giving me a hard time, he wanted to focus on painting the guesthouse, I told him he had his priorities screwed up. I guess he wants to continue his job for Dennis and continue to get paid, but that is not the main focus here.
Iflyfish
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Update on DENNIS

Dennis headed for Kaiser from at around 7:30 in the ambulance. He was ******* and moaning as usual and wanted his catheter taken out, saying "I have a nail in my $#&@..".I touched base with the charge nurse at Kaiser and she said that he was welcome either at Kaiser or the VA...Dennis wanted to go to Kaiser, and I personally like Kaiser better, the facility, but they will be getting authorization from the VA, so the VA will be directing his care. He stlll cannot move his left hand at all and his left leg is weak. I need to try and make his door and entrance wheelchair accessible, the guy that works for him was giving me a hard time, he wanted to focus on painting the guesthouse, I told him he had his priorities screwed up. I guess he wants to continue his job for Dennis and continue to get paid, but that is not the main focus here.

You are the BEST! I admire and appreciate you and what you are doing for Dennis.

Iflyfish
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:29 AM

Good news ! So, he is at Kaiser Hospital (Zion) in San Diego now (or soon, depending on the border)?

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:42 AM

He's in the Emergency Room at Kaiser now.

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
Natalie Ann
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:49 AM

Jeezo, Dennis... I'm real sorry to hear of the stroke and am extremely glad you've survived.

So's you know, my personal experience with Kaiser is that they have stellar stroke recovery care. I would not be here today had it not been for their compassionate care followed by continual prodding to physical therapy.

I wish you the very best in your personal recovery, amigo.

nena

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.
.....Oscar Wilde
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:51 AM

that he was moaning and groaning is the good sign of a fighter .... does he have family and have they been notified ?

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:58 AM
Family

Dennis has brothers and sisters but he is estranged from them. I tried to encourage contact with them but he didn't want any part of it. He will be fine, I will make sure he is set up in Mexico with good help when he comes back. Thank you Natalie Ann for the comment about Kaiser, I worked for Kaiser a few years back and I feel it is a great system as well as much pleasanter surroundings and that Dennis would be better off going there initially. He will have a long road ahead of him with rehab in the States before coming back down to Mexico, probably will go to a convalescent facility for rehab for a few months.
Quote:
Originally posted by BajaBlanca
that he was moaning and groaning is the good sign of a fighter .... does he have family and have they been notified ?
El Camote
Senior Nomad

Mood: y Blues

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 10:30 AM

Dennis, whatever you do, don't let that razor sharp wit get dulled in your recovery phase. Your contributions here are priceless. Get well soon, amigo!:bounce:

Knowledge is good. - Emil Faber
 Pages:  1  ..  3    5    7  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.