BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  27
Author: Subject: DENNIS is in the hospital.
Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 05:32 PM

I just dropped off several of these at Bahia Asunción.

Also, I know about the blood thinners. I am going through the weekly tests at this time. Pain in the veins. The vampire nurses think I'm a "user".

There are lots of wheel chairs, and walkers with wheels available at the yard sales in the O.C. They are fairly cheap, and I'll pick one up if needed, and bring it down for the Los Niños event.

Quote:
Originally posted by DavidE

He may need a wheel chair now, but he will ask for a walker just as soon as he is able to stand.

Get a pair of CANADIAN CRUTCHES in the states. Both are the same but they are a million times better than a crutch or a regular cane.

Figure out a good blood lab someone near Punta Banda. If they put him on blood thinners he must get his blood checked regularly, and it isn't an option.

-From the school of the hardest freakin' knocks on earth

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

Lobsterman
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 05:43 PM

Janene,

How long is Dennis going to be at Kaiser in San Diego? What Kaiser and room is he at? I live in San Diego but I am currently working in Tucson for the next month. U2 me what i can do to help the old fart out while he is at kaiser. If he needs immediate help while I'm in Tucson I got others that can help him. A friend of mine is a carpenter and between the two of us could maker his place easier to get around.

Dennis
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 06:06 PM

I am getting alot of inquiries about where Dennis is right now. Dennis is still in the "holding tank" Module A in the Emergency Room at Kaiser. The phone number there is (619)-528-5000. That person that answers, the Kaiser operator, will update you where DENNIS is. Actually she is a very nice lady named Terry, at least the one I reached. He has been in the "holding tank" for 8 hours, they are probably trying to find a bed for him. I don't know how long he will be there, I will let you know as soon as I find out. He does not have the coordination right now to use a computer, plus he does not have his glasses, which I will pick up for him before I go up there. He never used a laptop, only a Kindle, which is too small for him to operate at this time. So you can all call and ask where he is and what room he is in. He will probably go to a rehab center for a few weeks minimum after a short hospital stay is my guess.
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by woody with a view
good advice DavidE. I think it's about time to start the collection process for our pal DENNIS. he would do the same for most of us, i'm sure!

i'll volunteer my time/tools/labor to install any grab bars, steps, or whatever he needs. i can possibly get some stainless grab bars free of charge from a sub contractor but i need to know dimension and quantities.

anyone else?

I'll go help you install. Edit: just saw his house is already setup for this.....I'll help in any other way once that vision gets materialized.

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by ateo]

wessongroup
Platinum Nomad

Mood: Suicide Hot line ... please hold

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 06:33 PM

Can't say I really know Dennis, but I certainly wish him the best... and thanks to all that are giving a hand ... Very nice ... :):)

Lindalou
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:04 PM

Hi Guys, just talked to Vincente and he said he would be happy to build the ramp. He is a very good carpenter. He could probably do all the rest with a little guidence....Linda
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:11 PM
WOW !!

HOLA,first, how is DENNIS doing..I just got back from fixing boats and was hopeing to sea a E/mail from him?? just did a quik back read and dont get whats a going on:?::?::?::?::?::?: and I know there is some good folks here !!can I ,,PLEASE, get a quik rundown on dennis and WHAT the hell is going on around here !!feeling like a mushroom!!!! K & T :cool:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:14 PM

we all want DENNIS to know he means ALOT to us who have spent countless hours here sparring with him! i have never met him, i have missed meeting him twice because of bumps in the road. my loss!

i consider him one of two (or four) handful's of Amigo's i would give two chiits about on this board.

[Edited on 6-21-2012 by woody with a view]

EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:17 PM

UNBELIEVABLE....

After 9+ frigging hours in the Emergency room I was about to blow my stack calling the hospital...I mean the man had a major stroke and he is kept on a gurney??? Finally, he has got a room on the 3rd floor, 3212B. Wow, was beginning to sound like IMSS...and those who want a quick rundown, you need to read the thread.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 07:33 PM
ensanada

HOLA,MUCHO GUSTO...DESQUSBLE ME..NO POSTA'S..YO QU
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:15 PM

can someone u2u a room #? i never expected it would be public!

BAJACAT
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:50 PM

Blanca I think Woody was triying to be sarcastic...
I hope you get well Dennis,our best wishes from my family,they meet you in the India Bonita (Punta banda), toy drive for dia de Reyes.
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 09:58 PM

When I stopped by there this afternoon, Dennis was "on hold" waiting for the doctor (internist) to come see him - before they were going to admit him to the hospital from the ER.

Said that having sirens on the vehicle is the absolutely the BEST way to get through Tijuana. I think he said they were playing banda music for the ride up to the border. He was appreciative of his view of the nearby nurses' station in the ER.

He indicated to me that he (originally) thought he'd had a heart attack, and that it took place on Sunday morning. I told him he'd last been active on the forums here just before 7am on Sunday, and he said that it must've been just after that. The records here show him last active at 6:34am Sunday. Said that Vicente had found him when he came to work on Monday morning.

While somewhat anxious at the hospital today due to the circumstances, he seemed to be in good spirits and thinking positively towards what his outcome would be eventually - knowing he still had some physical therapy to go through. The staff at Kaiser seemed to be fairly attentive to making him as comfortable as possible. He'd requested a catheter removed because of discomfort, and requested a pillow to prop up his right side because his tuchus was numb or sore - and they took care of these for him.

I'd brought some stuff with me for him to use if he wanted - a laptop, a cell phone, and reading glasses - but he refused all. Said his Kindle would get him online satisfactorily, that he'd just use his room phone with a credit card if he needed to place any calls, and that his neighbor Pam (who was there when I arrived) left him some reading glasses already.

I left at 3:30pm, and it seemed like they were going to have him in the ER for a few more hours.... which appears to have been the case judging from the items posted in the thread above.

I did let him know that Lulu was apparently being well taken care of, and he seemed confident that indeed that would be the case.

He spoke very positively and gratefully towards everyone who had been helping and supporting him through this - and especially noted his appreciation for the help from Janene.

-
Doug

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by BajaNomad]

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
sd
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-19-2012 at 11:17 PM

Doc, Doug, Fernando and so many others,

Thanks for your outpouring of kindness.

Dennis, may your recovery go well. I am a couple hours away, and can help if you need me to.

Scot
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajaguy
For any help that is needed. Will be down for 6 weeks starting July 10th.

Info request.......does Dennis have a laptop?????....and will his recovery room at Kaiser or PT facility have internet acess???

He wouldn't be able to even log in with one hand (hit keys <cntl><alt><del> simultaneously).

They'll provide him with a TV but that quickly gets old. A fresh and continuing supply of newspapers and current magazines was really welcome for me. Books - less so.

But the most welcome thing in a hospital are visitors. Just to talk to friends means so much. Even people you didn't like before are welcome.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 06:26 AM

This thread reminded me of a visit I had with a friend last week. He had a major stroke that affected one side of his body a few years ago, arm and leg. He eventually went back to work as an elementary school gym teacher (his nickname is Coach) and is retiring this year. He's looking forward to moving to his place near Puerto Vallarta, solo, he's a bachelor. He still has a limp but besides that, all is well.

Coach was hit hard, if he made it, I bet DENNIS will too.

Best wishes.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

Member Is Online

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

Info request.......does Dennis have a laptop?????....and will his recovery room at Kaiser or PT facility have internet acess???

He wouldn't be able to even log in with one hand (hit keys <cntl><alt><del> simultaneously).

One Handed Keyboards

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
noserider

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 07:06 AM

I wish You well dennis, You were the first to respond to My initial posts with assistance,and I appreciated that,I hope to see you back on the forum soon.

NoseRider
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 07:07 AM
Update

Focus today is getting Dennis a hospital bed by the time he gets home with controls to lift his back up to sit up, since he has paralysis on the left side. Also he will need a shower chair and some bars installed in the shower. Getting the house handicapped accessible is my number one concern at this point. No money needed. His worker is going to be watching him during the day but until Dennis gets home Vicente is working for Dennis and I will have him install the bars etc. that we need. As for posting, I don't think Dennis has the coordination at this time to post and he refused to use his reading glasses which leads me to believe their might be a problem in reading comprehension but this will all be evaluated as time goes on.
Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:

One Handed Keyboards

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by SFandH]

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by EnsenadaDr]

[Edited on 6-20-2012 by EnsenadaDr]
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 6-20-2012 at 07:22 AM

Baja Cat - thanks for the answer and I removed my post - I AM SO DENSE SOMETIMES

or maybe I was just tired hahahaha

:lol:

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
 Pages:  1  ..  5    7    9  ..  27

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.