Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Fish report El Sargento / La Ventana / Isla Cerralvo
bajajurel
Nomad

Mood: Fishing for fun

[*] posted on 7-18-2012 at 08:48 PM
Fish report El Sargento / La Ventana / Isla Cerralvo

Fished last Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, and this Monday the channel of Isla Ceralvo. Bait very, very hard to find. Small ballyhoo. Sargasso was spotty and held few fish. Very small Dorado. Marlin were hitting on the troll with several good hookups to 100 lbs. Monday had one hookup on a Marlin then fished for 7 hours without another bite. Pez Gallo were virtually non-existent and when we did find them they were very small.

We did manage to fill a couple of coolers with Dorado fillets but boy it was scratch fishing at best.

Stayed at La Ventana Resort in El Sargento for the 3rd time and it's great to eat a relaxing breakfast and drink coffee, juice, nice fruit plate, waffles or pancakes or eggs. They pack us a nice sandwich, snack, drink and apple for lunch on the boat. Then our Captain Fabio picks us up on the beach right in front of the resort for a day of fishing. The Resort personnel are terrific and really take care of you.

Boats from Los Barriles were making the ride up there to fish. That's a long boat ride!

Tight lines till next time!

bajajurel
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 07:54 AM

Thank you for the report! any pics?
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 7-19-2012 at 09:02 AM

Great fishing destination. Love the small town and beaches. Too bad the fish didn't cooperate! How did your rental car do on the rural costal camino?? I hope to fish this area in the fall.:spingrin: Tio
bajajurel
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 08:29 AM

No pics of fish as I am too embarrassed by the size of the fish. They were mostly 5 to 20 pounder's and we released all the females and small fish - only kept the largest ones.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Thank you for the report! any pics?

bajajurel
bajajurel
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 08:31 AM

The road has been repaved all the way to the police station. Just beyond that the dirt road is in great shape. I love to test out rental cars on back roads.

Quote:
Originally posted by tiotomasbcs
Great fishing destination. Love the small town and beaches. Too bad the fish didn't cooperate! How did your rental car do on the rural costal camino?? I hope to fish this area in the fall.:spingrin: Tio

bajajurel
Ojosraros
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-20-2012 at 04:03 PM

no tuna??
skydiveblake

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 09:29 AM

Fabio's a good capt. Knowledgable (like all the local guys) but totally cool with catch-and-release, too.
BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 10:17 AM

Hola,

sounds great !

it is a long run from los barriles and it's a bit longer if you drive. it takes us about 1 1/2 hours to get to las arenas and we have a pangero that we use there.

may i ask, what does the la ventana resort charge for a night and how much is the panga ? is there a website for us to see ?

glad you had a good time,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT
RnR
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT

may i ask, what does the la ventana resort charge for a night and how much is the panga ? is there a website for us to see ?

It's actually Ventana Bay Resort. Nice place. We stay right next door.

Here's the web site: http://www.ventanabay.com/

On the web site, there's a picture of Fabio (the pangero) w/ a huge amberjack.

Enjoy.
bajajurel
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 05:21 PM

They have a great special going on right now. It's a nice drive too.

Here's their rates -

Quote:
Originally posted by BAJA.DESERT.RAT
Hola,

sounds great !

it is a long run from los barriles and it's a bit longer if you drive. it takes us about 1 1/2 hours to get to las arenas and we have a pangero that we use there.

glad you had a good time,

BIEN SALUD, DA RAT

bajajurel
Burbs
Junior Nomad

Mood: Full Mood

[*] posted on 8-3-2012 at 07:25 PM

I'm in La Paz and saw some of the pangas return today to the maleceon with small tunas....but there were some nice wahoo in the bunch. Since I saw em thought better post.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.