BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Shipping package to Loreto
Jay

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 04:51 PM
Shipping package to Loreto

I am thinking about using the US Mail Global Express to ship some boat parts (small package about 11 lbs, non electrical just mechanical) down to Loreto wondering if anyone has used this method before and what results you had? Will there be any taxes or duty fees applied?
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 05:48 PM

Good Luck!

Be interested to know how it works.
Jay

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 06:00 PM

Thanks do you have any suggestion on how to ship items from the US.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 06:13 PM

Check with a Mexican agency called ADUANA (SHCP SAT)
At the airport. This is the official government taxation body.

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 06:23 PM

Check with Estefata (sp?) on Misioneros and Benito Juarez - before Agua Dulce.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 08:57 PM

You might u2u Mariz for advice.

She receives things via a shipper in Texas that sends to Loreto via Estafeta.

I'd like to know this info, too; please share whatcha find.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 8-1-2012 at 09:08 PM

Jay,
get ready for some whopping shipping charges.

I sent an envelope with a set of keys via DHL/Estafeta and it cost $62.00.

But at least they got there!

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 01:19 AM

Heavy packages are not insanely expensive. I don't know why 10 envelopes cost the same as an 8 kilo box. Sort of nuts IMHO

ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 06:34 AM

I recently shipped a package to La Paz by FedEx. It got there in three days, but cost $80 USD. This was a large envelop. FedEx would not ship to Loreto, so had to go to La Paz. Try Mariz, she has a forwarding service from US to Loreto.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 07:56 AM

February 2012
My letters to Mexico City stopped being tracked* when they departed Phoenix, AZ. Four of them, over a two week period. Sent registered mail, U.S. Post Office postmaster said the postal service would not offer return receipt service, would not offer insurance. Sixteen Dollars each U.S. at a major U.S. Post Office.

What did I do wrong?

*Last tracking point when they departed

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 08:10 AM

Jay
You might try asking on this board if there is anyone going to Loreto soon that could take the package for you. Probably save you some time and money.

[Edited on 8-2-2012 by larryC]

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 02:42 PM

How does a person gain access to in-Mexico information on the US Postal Service tracking website? Everything just stopped on the site as the items departed the last transfer point.

I even went here, looking.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Search Results

Results for: (mexico<and>tracking)

Document(s) Found: 1

Recommended Links: Select any of the link(s) below to retrieve related information.

Postage Price Calculator | International Country Listings

Recommended Links: Select any of the link(s) below to retrieve related information.

Track and Confirm

Search

Advanced Search
New Search Search These Results

Select a link below to retrieve a search result or use the following search function to refine your inquiry
View by Relevancy View by Name
Results 1 - 1 |
Hide Summaries

Mexico
-The maximum weight for the Express Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and the Express Mail International Flat Rate Boxes is 20 pounds. Free when sent as First-Class Mail International, including Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelopes and Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes. Available for First-Class Mail International, including postcards and Flat Rate Envelopesand Small Flat Rate Priced Boxes, and matterfor the blind or other physically handicapped persons.

Results 1 - 1 |

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

When I clicked on the link "Track And Confirm" it just took me back to the page I was on, that had the info cease as the item left the USA.

There's got to be a way to do it but the USA postmasters didn't know the answer. I sure would appreciate learning about this. Thanks!

DavidE
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 07:06 PM

Mil gracias!

Jay

[*] posted on 8-2-2012 at 08:40 PM

Thanks to everybody for their input.I had a Nomad come through and offer to take my parts down with him.It couldn't have worked out better.
seanmiller

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 03:31 AM

Should be easy if the logistics have break bulk automation system.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 07:23 AM

Get this everyone: when we first moved to La Bocana BCS 12 years ago, Les's company wanted to send him some important documents and said they were going to send them via courier for NEXT DAY delivery.

Good luck with that, we thought. Our streets had names but no numbers (still don't). There isn't even a sign indicating where we are on highway 1. and next day ???? from San Diego hahaha

Two or three days later someone knocks on our front door with the envelope! I have no idea what company it was but what a feat. Money talks, that is for sure.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
tehag
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 10:18 AM

Estafeta works.

Certainty is the child of ignorance, knowledge is the mother of doubt. Question everything!

http://bcsbirds.com
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 9-28-2017 at 02:13 PM

we tried sending a cell phone via BajaPack and it did not arrive in Santa Rosalia from La Paz.

Estafeta sounds better, by the look of it.

Great that someone came through to bring your stuff down!

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2017 at 11:46 AM

I use Bajapack all the time and it works well. you get a shipping receipt and can follow online.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-29-2017 at 12:07 PM

Quote: Originally posted by Pescador  
I use Bajapack all the time and it works well. you get a shipping receipt and can follow online.

I also used Bajapack last year (had to ship some boat parts) from Tijuana to Loreto and had no issues; parts arrived on time & the cost wasn't bad.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.