Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  21
Author: Subject: Help needed at Punta Cono Photos added
coconaco
Nomad

Mood: respooled

[*] posted on 10-14-2012 at 09:53 AM

Did they have a destination or are they on a journey?

"Been here so long I've started to calling it home"
St. Stephen

Coming up on three months. That would be a long time to camp out on a beach.
thebajarunner
Ultra Nomad

Mood: muy amable

[*] posted on 10-14-2012 at 01:37 PM
My exact thoughts a month ago

Quote:
Originally posted by bigmike58
Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
These people are "professional" freeloaders. They are NOT trying to repair boat and sail on. This is home until people stop bringing them stuff. Only then will they move and do the same thing again somewhere else.

Wow!! that would suck if true. There was some good "nomad" peeps that went out of there way to help these folks..what a shame.

Time to back off and let them sort it out.
Go back some pages and re-read my allegory about the guy who was waiting for God to save him.
Let's all hum a little traveling music and get on to the next topic.
timmurphy

[*] posted on 10-14-2012 at 04:02 PM
cono people

We were there 5 days. Their boat was moored in the middle of the bay. Three days plus, no one left ship. What do they do out there? What do the kids do? Different camps of the local fishermen were constantly stopping and giving them food. I think even they are getting tired of them. They came to shore once while we were there, went back to their camp and burned a small portion of their garbage on the beach....leaving tin cans and plastic and other crud smoldering. The place that I love so much has lots of trash strewn about and I doubt they are going to pack it onto their boat....if they ever leave.
We never saw them try to gather food from the wild. I think they are still just begging from the locals and other enablers.
They said to one us that they are starving for food.
So the boat floats and supposedly he is still making repairs.
I dont know if they have a destination or a plan. But it is really stupid to just sit there and do nothing.
I dont believe they are capable of surviving on the open ocean.
If they were in the U.S. a child protection agency would have intervened by now.
I think Surfer Jim said it right.
I try to see the best in people but this is just not right!
They just need to go home...if they have a home.
Right now they are floating vagabundos. If they stay on the ocean or even at Cono, I believe it will not be a good outcome.
Nothing personal here. Just keen observation from when this post started to seeing it live and in living color.
If one adult or an adult couple want to live on the edge, begging for existance, so be it. The three children with them is just wrong!!
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-14-2012 at 04:52 PM

Tim

that was my point that I think I made 2 times now about the kids
no its not right at all
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 05:55 AM

this new storm Paul may rock their boat a bit...right now the horizon is full of lights from big boats running from the storm...they most likely wont be able to remain anchored there for this swell and wind event...it will be interesting to see where they go...back on the hard?

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
pappy
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 09:29 AM

maybe paul will give them enough of a scare to send them back to where they came from.
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by pappy
maybe paul will give them enough of a scare to send them back to where they came from.

Or better yet, how bout they end up in somebody's living room floor for another 3 months. I feel bad for the innocent souls on board of that ship / cluster@#$%.

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 09:55 AM

Aren't Baja beaches and moorings full of freeloading littering hippies who live off the kindness of others?
luv2fish
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Aren't Baja beaches and moorings full of freeloading littering hippies who live off the kindness of others?

Sounds like California's welfare system.......

UNA MAS CERVEZA PORFAVOR, CON 5 TACOS DE TIBURON..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdXKHaeBGsI
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Quote:

Nomads,
It wasn't that long ago some of you were tripping over yourselves with your communal efforts of assistance :saint:

Now the hand offered is a backhand....:?:

Don't believe everything you think....
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by motoged
Quote:
Originally posted by luv2fish
Quote:

Nomads,
It wasn't that long ago some of you were tripping over yourselves with your communal efforts of assistance :saint:

Now the hand offered is a backhand....:?:

Absurd, There is nothing wrong with kindness nor tough love, they tend to go hand in hand.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 12:04 PM

Maybe it's time to Immigration or who ever to stop by and check their papers?????
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 12:39 PM

Quote:
Absurd, There is nothing wrong with kindness nor tough love, they tend to go hand in hand. [/quote

I agree with your comment....and was initially concerned about the "domestic violence" concerns reported earlier in the thread...despite some folks minimizing that issue.

I guess my comment is more a reflection on how some folks can "dog pile" on an issue or people without full info being available....and I can be one of those at times....:saint:

Don't believe everything you think....
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by timmurphy
We were there 5 days. Their boat was moored in the middle of the bay. Three days plus, no one left ship. What do they do out there? What do the kids do? Different camps of the local fishermen were constantly stopping and giving them food. I think even they are getting tired of them. They came to shore once while we were there, went back to their camp and burned a small portion of their garbage on the beach....leaving tin cans and plastic and other crud smoldering. The place that I love so much has lots of trash strewn about and I doubt they are going to pack it onto their boat....if they ever leave.
We never saw them try to gather food from the wild. I think they are still just begging from the locals and other enablers.
They said to one us that they are starving for food.
So the boat floats and supposedly he is still making repairs.
I dont know if they have a destination or a plan. But it is really stupid to just sit there and do nothing.
I dont believe they are capable of surviving on the open ocean.
If they were in the U.S. a child protection agency would have intervened by now.
I think Surfer Jim said it right.
I try to see the best in people but this is just not right!
They just need to go home...if they have a home.
Right now they are floating vagabundos. If they stay on the ocean or even at Cono, I believe it will not be a good outcome.
Nothing personal here. Just keen observation from when this post started to seeing it live and in living color.
If one adult or an adult couple want to live on the edge, begging for existance, so be it. The three children with them is just wrong!!

you formed an opinion and indictment w/o even talking to them. true nomad spirit! peace, love, fish tacos and opinions! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
timmurphy

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 02:48 PM

how could we talk to them when they were staying on their boat in the middle of the bay? However,one of us paddled out on a SUP to greet them and assess the situation. Everyone is entitled to his opinion.Is that not what goes on here? Anyways...people asked what was up and I responded cuz we were just there.Anyone who thinks they are smart or doing the right thing is a kook just like them.Now...thats just my opinion. Nuf said.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 03:42 PM

Tim, they've just spent 3 months living off the fat of the land while you and I have been toiling at the office. Who is smarter?
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 04:57 PM

If they could return to California their apparent circumstances would qualify them for every free program there is. They would be far better off, particularly the children. There must be some compelling reason not to do this. Like everyone else this is just speculation on my part.
Mula
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-15-2012 at 05:14 PM

The guy's apparent legal problems.
Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 07:38 AM

"Time to back off and let them sort it out.
Go back some pages and re-read my allegory about the guy who was waiting for God to save him."

That wasnt a very happy ending, IMO. And I dont recall kids being in the boat in your allegory.

The father DOES seem to be exhibiting the same stubbornness as the guy in your allegory, though. His behavior makes little sense, now that the boat is afloat.

Well, let's see what a CAT 1 hurricane or a TS adds to this story...............

Hook
Elite Nomad

Mood: Inquisitive

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666
you formed an opinion and indictment w/o even talking to them. true nomad spirit! peace, love, fish tacos and opinions! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This may be the most hyperbolic example of hypocrisy I have ever seen on the Nomads board. Over 5500 posts and virtually ALL of them, opinionated sniping (from NOB) at people you have never met in situations you have never been.

But thanks for the morning chuckle, goat.......................:lol:

Pages:  1  ..  9    11    13  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.