Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  21
Author: Subject: Help needed at Punta Cono Photos added
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 07:57 AM

......she is leaking from the bottom and needs to be patched up....still want that photo?:rolleyes:
desertcpl
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 08:07 AM

:no::no::no:
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:50 PM

She is actually quite attractive, Layla not the boat. As I said it is a pretty low budget operation. The Mexican fish camps are not occupied right but will be in another month or so. That is a long time to go with out fruits and vegetables so that is why I put the word out to anyone who might be coming to this secret place. Once the Mex fishermen show up I suspect they will get some help in refloating the boat, until then fish and clams will get old.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 05:54 PM

Kind of like Gilligan's Island...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by larryC
Once the Mex fishermen show up I suspect they will get some help in refloating the boat, until then fish and clams will get old.
Larry

and she might end up sinking into the sand over the next month(s) tidal surges. if Sr Mcleash is aware of the situation then the tortilla telegraph has been activated and every local in the area knows.

it might come down to their ability to entice some of the locals to give up their income from fishing (it is the season now!) to come and assist.....

surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-9-2012 at 07:13 PM

...as a matter of fact go ahead and post a photo...:lol:
DavidE
Ultra Nomad

Mood: 'At home we demand facts and get them. In Mexico one subsists on rumor and never demands anything.' Charles Flandrau,

[*] posted on 8-10-2012 at 01:14 PM

http://www.latitude38.com/lectronic/lectronicday.lasso?date=...

A Lot To See And A Lot To Do
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2012 at 01:33 PM

terrible that they are on such a low budget and afraid for their boat. Here's hoping their gilligan island espisode ends fast.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-10-2012 at 02:00 PM

Any idea just what size of the damaged area is? If it is not major area.....there are several ways to make temporary repairs if boat sits in the water of several feet.

http://tinyurl.com/d57jcpo

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 08:01 PM

I just got back to Bahia, left the west coast this morn. I'll be able to post some pics Monday or Tues when I get back to San Diego. The last time I saw William he was figuring out how to cast a lure we had given him and before we left that day he had already cought 2 Halibut. The fishing up there is as good as I have seen it in years, lots of 24" buts. Mario Mcleash does know about their plite, he arranged for a trailer to be taken up there and now they are going to try to jack the boat up and get it on the trailer so repairs can be started and then get it back in the water before the winter swells start. I didn't go aboard to see the damage, but William indicated that it is about a 2' section that is crushed in and leaking. Probably could be repaired with some plywood and some caulking.
Fresh water and food is their only need, other than that they are doing pretty well.
Larry

Off grid, 12-190 watt evergreen solar panels on solar trackers, 2-3648 stacked Outback inverters, 610ah LiFePo4 48v battery bank, FM 60 and MX60 Outback charge controllers, X-240 Outback transformer for 240v from inverters, 6500 watt Kubota diesel generator.
surfer jim
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 08:31 PM

How was the surf?:saint:
degoma
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 08:44 PM

Thanks for that report Larry. We are headed that way in the morning from Los Angeles. We'll bring what we can.
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by surfer jim
How was the surf?:saint:

-------------^-------^^------------

larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 06:29 AM

Surf not too big, ridable but nothing to write home about. Lots of green algea in the water near shore, cleans up on the outside. Air temps were perfect mid 70's, a little cloud cover and patchy fog. Much nicer than BoLA, Here it was 93 at 10 last night, but almost no himidity, high 90's during the day.
Larry

Mateo-Feo
Nomad

Mood: MuchoTakeitEasy

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 06:43 PM

I will be there in less than 2 weeks, keep us posted on whats happening. I can stop by costco or something and bring some food and water. And maybe a bottle of Jack for the dad. I'm sure he needs a drink by now.
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 10:03 AM

Just heard from Degoma, he delivered some stuff to the strandee's, maybe he will get back to us with an up date on what more is needed and if any progress is being made to refloat the boat. Just heard from the camp at El Cardon and a south wind is blowing today, not good since the beach they are on is south facing.
I added some fotos to the original post.
Larry

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 10:09 AM

Thanks for the visual of their situation larry, hope they can get it sorted out. Nice butts, did you catch them from the beach?

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
larryC
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 12:16 PM

All buts from the beach, right next to the boat. I figure in a week or 2 William will be giving fishing lessons to anyone that shows up.

Mateo-Feo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 08:11 PM

Nice sized beach Hali's
Mateo-Feo
Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 08:36 PM

Whatya using? Crocs? Plastics?
 Pages:  1  2    4  ..  21

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.