[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 04:44 PM
Fuel 100 ll price in ensenada

Hello
Any one has fuel price at mmes?Is it a reliable fuel stop?thanks
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 04:55 PM

put down the beer and try again. WTF is mmes?

btw, all fuel is reliable. especially if you are low and a guy is pimping fuel from a barrel..... just saying.

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 05:23 PM

Secret pilot code talk... Haven't ever read Capt. Mike's posts... he uses the secret handshake too, I think!

(I do think mmes is Ensenada airport)

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-11-2012 at 05:27 PM

Dpf33a-If its not about beer or tacos don't ask. Try going to the Baja Bush Pilots site. They speak the language there and someone will answer your question.
Russ
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dpf33a
Hello
Any one has fuel price at mmes?Is it a reliable fuel stop?thanks

Questions are good. That's why we're here. I haven't a clue what you're asking but once the answer comes in I'll know something new. By the way, we love aerial photos. Nice to see where we've gone, want to go or just dream about.

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
LancairDriver
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 08:33 AM

He was asking what the price of 100 low lead fuel (the type burned in piston driven aircraft engines) is in Ensenada. Also does Ensenada usually have a reliable fuel supply? Very few piston aircraft can safely burn auto fuel so planning fuel stops in Baja can be critical. Perfectly legit question, but directed at the wrong crowd. The Baja Bush Pilot forum will have an answer for him.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:22 PM

But, this IS the Private Aircraft Travel forum on Baja Nomad...

Also, we let anyone view this forum...

To post here, membership is FREE.

Baja Bush Pilots, once allowed the same, however, they first banned non-paying members from posting. Then a bit later, they banned just reading their forums, unless you paid to join. If Baja Nomad charged $49 a year, even Capt. Mike once said he wouldn't join, yet he is one of the top posters here on Nomad.

Let us know when us ground based travelers can at least read the forums at Bush Pilots, again. It would be nice!

:light::light:

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:57 PM

I don't go to Baja often enough to join BBP but was a former member.Mmes is the code for Ensenada airport.Sorry i do not know non pilot would care to read my question.:)
We are not able to use motor gas.Thanks to everybody.
vgabndo
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Checking-off my bucket list.

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 12:59 PM

Whoo...I could smell a feud brewing several posts up the list!:lol:

Thanks for defusing it.

Undoubtedly, there are people who cannot afford to give the anchor of sanity even the slightest tug. Sam Harris

"The situation is far too dire for pessimism."
Bill Kauth

Carl Sagan said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

PEACE, LOVE AND FISH TACOS
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 01:07 PM

Quote:
I don't go to Baja often enough to join BBP but was a former member.Mmes is the code for Ensenada airport.Sorry i do not know non pilot would care to read my question.:)
We are not able to use motor gas.Thanks to everybody.

You never know where help and answers will come from. Any of us non-pilots have been willing to help when we read of a plane down posted on BBP. At least Capt. Mike usually shares the need for search help.

I have three of Arnold Senterfitt's books from the 1960's edition to the 80's. It is nice to see aerial photos, as it gives us ground travelers a broader view of the places we also love. See my Part 13-d trip report... I took two photos of the runway at Punta San Francisquito, not for me, but for Captains such as yourself. We can all get along, can't we?

[Edited on 8-12-2012 by David K]

bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 05:13 PM
mmes

mmes is a Mexican customs port of entry. I see various types of piston aircraft land/take off often.

MMES is also a Mexican Air Force base and they have a unit of Cessna 182's based there...........so would "assume" they have 100 av gas.......

When do you plan on flying in????....I can check for you

woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 8-12-2012 at 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LancairDriver
He was asking what the price of 100 low lead fuel (the type burned in piston driven aircraft engines) is in Ensenada. Also does Ensenada usually have a reliable fuel supply? Very few piston aircraft can safely burn auto fuel so planning fuel stops in Baja can be critical. Perfectly legit question, but directed at the wrong crowd.

:light: got it!

dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 06:57 AM

testing photo of Mulege form the air
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-13-2012 at 08:18 AM
HOW TO POST PHOTOS ON NOMAD

Quote:
testing photo of Mulege form the air

It takes just a little practice... here again are a couple of methods for posting photos on Nomad:

There is some misunderstanding about how to post photos... There are two methods...

One is direct onto Nomad from your PC files, using the 'Browse' button under the normal posting box... In that case you can only post one photo per post AND it MUST be UNDER 50 kb. is file size. Since this is smaller than most all photos you have on you PC, you need to make a duplicate file with the photo size REDUCED to under 50 kb.

The BETTER way to show your photos is to hot link to them stored on another website... such as Photobucket.com. It is free (to a certain limit) and has an automatic resizing service... In this case, Nomad requests photos to not exceed 800 pixels in width.

On Photobucket, to upload from your PC,

1) click the red button 'Upload now'.

2) In the next window you see, at the top of the big box, in small blue letters, click: Customize your upload options

3) In the pop up see these choices (and more to resize to):
100x75
160x120
320x240
640x480
800x600
1024x768 ...

>>Pick 640x480 for most photos... this is the selection refered to as 'Large'.
>>Pick 800x600 for maps or max. detail images max. size to fit on 15" screens.

Click SAVE

4) Select photos (press Select Photos button) from your PC to resize and store on Photobucket. You can have multiple files to organize them.

Now, to put on Nomad!

1) Place your mouse arrow over the photo you want and get a small pop up with some codes for linking them to various media.

See the one called 'IMG code'? Click your mouse on it to copy it.

2) On the Nomad posting box, paste that code.

You can have text above or below the image link... have several images perhaps a dozen max... and then do a reply post to add more... so as to not have too many on a single frame.

The photo url begins with http:// and ends with .jpg (usually) and the IMG code puts your photos url between the tags [img] and [/img]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If your photo is already on a web site, you can click this icon located above where you type onto Nomad (not quick reply):

and just put in the image url, and the tags are automatically added on to show your photo here. (make sure the http:// isn't in the url twice)

dpf33a
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 07:48 AM

thanks David K i will try.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2012 at 08:53 AM

Quote:
thanks David K i will try.

My pleasure, feel free to u2u me for additional help. Also, I am happy to post photos for others until they get the hang of it.

We would love any aerial photos of Baja... what a trip to soar with the eagles!

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.