Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: Rosarito Beach, Long Term Rental Needed
QA_Man

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 01:07 PM
Rosarito Beach, Long Term Rental Needed

My wife and I Will soon be relocating to Rosarito Beach and I need a nice long term rental in a safe neighborhood, preferentially on the beach or within walking distance at least.

My wife and I are both gringo's (not that it matters but figured i would put it out on the table).

Looking for minimum of 2 bedrooms but would like 3 for guests. I am relocating for a job, so I have steady consistent income and would like to find a place we can stay at for years. On the ocean would be great!

Probably not wise to post my rental budget... Private message me if you know of anything
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by QA_Man
My wife and I are both gringo's (not that it matters but figured i would put it out on the table).

It matters plenty.....in many ways. After you've been here a while it will become clear.
One thing I will say, because it may save you some grief; live amongst your own. Mexicans don't want you in their neighborhood, and you don't want to live where you're not wanted.
Gypsy Jan
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Depends on which way the wind is blowing

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 02:30 PM
South of Rosarito Central

Beside the Rosarito Beach Hotel condominiums, there is:

Rene's

Popotla

Las Gaviotas

Rosamar

Billy's by the Beach

Mision Viejo

Cantamar

Las Ventanas

Medio Camino

These are beach front, mostly gated communities with mostly gringo owner/renters.

There are also the high rises, Calafia, Marena, Pacifico del Mar, etc. etc. I don't want, don't care to remember the names.

Check them out with an internet search and don't trust anyone who tells you anything - drive around and check any property that interests you in person and find a proper Mexican legal representative to protect you.

But, it may be, as many board posters will say, finding a proper Mexican lawyer is an oxymarooon.

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow mindedness.”
—Mark Twain

\"La vida es dura, el corazon es puro, y cantamos hasta la madrugada.” (Life is hard, the heart is pure and we sing until dawn.)
—Kirsty MacColl, Mambo de la Luna

\"Alea iacta est.\"
—Julius Caesar
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-18-2012 at 03:45 PM

not knowing what you're looking to spend a month, theres some great deals to be had. craigslist tijuana is a good source as is this.http://www.bajacoastalrealestate.com/Rentals/page_2155563.html
RosaritoKen

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 02:39 PM

Dear QA_Man,

My standard advice for someone like you is to come and check in to a hotel or motel for a week or so you can really see things. Ads online, even if they have photos, don't really let you see or "feel" the tone and tener of the neighborhood. But it won't take you long to drive Rosarito, and see the quality of the different neighborhoods.

There are many enclaves where many foreign residents congregate. But you will be welcome in the local Mexican neighborhoods if you are a good neighbor. I have many friends who are good neighbors and get along just fine. Some unfortunately just don't get along with anyone, and their negative attitude is apparant here, and with their neighbors, so....

If you try to do everything in advance, you will be forced to take someone else's advice. If you come here, and look around, talk to people, you will form your own opinions. From time to time I see some pretty good deals starting around $400 a month... but that's my opinion! I am confident if you come, you will find what you want.

Please feel free to write me directly and I will give you some specific recommendations on how to make your move, and links to other sources. I am not a realtor, business owner, or have anything to sell. But I will pass along my experience and then let you make an informed opinion yourself. I have many friends who live in local Mexican neighborhoods, and many who live in more secure enclaves. They made their own decisions and seem happy.

There is a large and active foreign resident community here with many organizations to keep you informed and busy if you want that sort of thing. You will be welcome!

Saludos,
Ken
RosaritoKen@gmail.com
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RosaritoKen
Saludos,
Ken
RosaritoKen@gmail.com

Are they still paying you to say nice things about Rob-me-arito? :o
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 03:34 PM

thats a bold statement from someone from punta bandit! :spingrin:
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by willardguy
thats a bold statement from someone from punta bandit! :spingrin:

PLeeeese....That's Punta Bandini.
QUETZALCOATL
Nomad

Mood: nublado

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 05:07 PM

When I lived in Rosarito,I lived in baja malibu-it ,there is always houses for rent it has a private beach and is far enough from city so no city problems,just go to the cantina in baja malibu the owners name is Luis-hes dual citizen and US Viet nam vet.He'll help you hes a great person and close friend.Good luck.
QUETZALCOATL
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 05:11 PM

Sry forgot to say Baja Malibu is north of Rosarito on the toll road or just south of Del Mar -also theres a dirt road that goes behind baja malibu to TJ and Otay Mesa for a different border crossing. And if you like surfing it has a great break.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 9-19-2012 at 05:28 PM

how long since you been there? theres a new owner named nelly, believe me you cant miss her:O maybe she's connected to your vet buddy??:?:
QUETZALCOATL
Nomad

[*] posted on 9-20-2012 at 05:51 AM

Its been a few years, is Nelly a blonde American woman cause he rented the bar out to a woman of this description shortly before I moved but his apt.was still on top of the bar.
huesos
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:26 PM
I need a lawyer?

I realize that this is an old post but it brings up pertinent questions.
I will be looking for a rental. Is Baja Malibu still a good choice?
Do I really need a lawyer to establish a rental agreement? I am hoping to find something somewhat long term.
Thanks
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:31 PM

Geez DENNIS correct me if I am wrong, but how would a newbie know about what was and was not an old post? :fire:
woody with a view
PITA Nomad

Mood: Everchangin'

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:31 PM

move in at the south end of baja malibu. the north end has its own river, full of Mexican Brown Trout. when the wind is right, it ain't....

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:34 PM

baja malibu is a great choice. hook up with angie next door to PlanB, she'll find you a nice place. a lawyer for a long term rental? naw.

http://www.bajarosaritorealty.com/
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by huesos
I realize that this is an old post but it brings up pertinent questions.
I will be looking for a rental. Is Baja Malibu still a good choice?
Do I really need a lawyer to establish a rental agreement? I am hoping to find something somewhat long term.
Thanks

I'd start a new thread for this if I were you. It's kind of lost down here on the bottom of this old one.

Just keep in mind, a lease or rental agreement has to be for up to ten years [less one day] and no more. No options like ten and ten. Only ten years is enforceable in court should you end up there.

If you have a prospective landlord which makes you feel you need protection from, it's best to back away before you begin.
DENNIS
Platinum Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr
Geez DENNIS correct me if I am wrong, but how would a newbie know about what was and was not an old post? :fire:

I think he meant "Thread."
Anyway.....I'll venture a guess and say he looked at the dates on previous posts.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:40 PM

How did huesos find this thread anyways? If you go to search and put in "Rosarito Beach rentals" nothing comes up. the person that started this thread posted only once, and that was the lead in post to this thread. Unless Huesos is a good friend of Q-A man...
huesos
Nomad

[*] posted on 7-6-2013 at 12:54 PM

Topics like this come up on google searches of various subjects. Dates are pretty much irrelevant . I agree that it should have been a new thread but it would have been hard to put in all the info.
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.