Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  11    13  
Author: Subject: Hurricaine Paul rain, wind & road reports
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 08:17 AM
RADIO !!

A VHF IS THE BEST THING AROUND AND SSB IS BETTER !!
J.P.
Super Nomad

Mood: Easy Does It

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EngineerMike
Paranewbi- yes. those are "pulse" dial instead of "tone" dial, but they work off only the phone company's line power, don't need a 2 or 3 prong 120 volt power source. Great gifts for somebody who has land line phone service in a flood plane vicinity.

After Jimena, working phones were scarce in Mulege and we had to make an appointment for a call time to get info to anybody. I wonder if the Fire Dept has a flood phone; maybe that's where I'll donate the one I just bought coupla weeks ago. Thanks for the idea!!

The next time you are at The Telnor office you can buy a new one cheap

[Edited on 10-19-2012 by J.P.]
Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mulegejim
Quote:
Originally posted by Pescador
Must have been a cow that drowned in Mulege and it is on the beach at Punta Chivato along with lots of palm trunks and branches. Someone thought they saw part of the dock from the landing at Serenidad as well, but have not confirmed that.

Jim, if someone could confirm the dock some here would be interested in salvaging some of the dock to rebuild a new one. Check your U2U. Thanx, Jim

The dock or platform is close to Taco (Harry Oxley's house) and the camping beach. The barrels were salvaged ( I think) by a couple of the local fishermen.

You are welcome to the cow also if someone wants to have a big taco roast.

Pescador
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
A VHF IS THE BEST THING AROUND AND SSB IS BETTER !!

NOT IF THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO TALK TO DO NOT HAVE A RADIO.

WE ARE TALKING ABOUT PHONE LINES THAT WORK VERY WELL BUT NEED TO HAVE THE OLD STYLE PHONES TO BE ABLE TO COMMUNICATE. guess what? NO NEED FOR ANTENNA, NO NEED FOR 12 VOLT SYSTEM, JUST PLUG IN, AND TALK.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 08:30 AM
I KNOW THAT !!

BUT IN A REALLY BAD SCENE HAND HELD RADIOS ARE BEST !! YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE LITTLE STUFF !! IN A LIVE OR DEATH SCENE,,THE BEST COMS ARE RADIOS !! THAT IS A FACT FOR ON SCENE INCIDENTS !! ASK ANY FIRST RESPONDER !!.............JUST A SAYING !!
bigmike58
Nomad

Mood: Fish on!

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
BUT IN A REALLY BAD SCENE HAND HELD RADIOS ARE BEST !! YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT THE LITTLE STUFF !! IN A LIVE OR DEATH SCENE,,THE BEST COMS ARE RADIOS !! THAT IS A FACT FOR ON SCENE INCIDENTS !! ASK ANY FIRST RESPONDER !!.............JUST A SAYING !!

what? I can't hear you

Shouldn\'t one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check or Sec.8 housing?
........... I had to pass one to earn it for them!

\"I\'ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go?\"
BajaNews
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 12:06 PM

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 12:17 PM

Quote:

MAYBE YOU COULD DONATE YOUR RADIOS TO THE LOCALS THEN.. BETTER YET....BUY EACH ONE.
micah202
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 12:35 PM

...it'd be interesting to know where the pics are .

...btw...the caps-lock is at the left of your keyboard-TRY USING IT!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 12:38 PM

Great Photos BajaNews!

They look to be along Bahia Concepcion... yes?

[Edited on 10-19-2012 by BajaNomad]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

mulegemichael
Super Nomad

Mood: up on step

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 06:02 PM

actually, dk, those pics are between sta. rosalia and mulege...the reason i know, is because on weds. afternoon, when the the water was still blasting through there, i blew through a marine blockade and crossed without permission...sideslipped a bit but the ol toyota got me across...was wondering if i was gonna be chased by bullets but i had my mind bent on beachgirl and north..raised a big cheer from the gallery on both sides...when i got to ricardos rice and beans in san ignacio they told me i was the first vehicle north all day...miracles do happen..m.

dyslexia is never having to say you\'re yrros.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-19-2012 at 07:47 PM
rice & beans

Richardo and family = buena hente...and his brother in S.F. with a place of the same name !! good folks...race folk's and just down to earth nice people !!!
EngineerMike
Nomad

Mood: piso mojado

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 10:15 AM

Morning rumors:
1) travel Mulege to Loreto 3.5hrs due to road conditions & construction repairs (call it 90 miles, up from 2 hours including delay at the military stop under ordinary conditions)
2) electricity on south side of river and water as well, tho outages locally where lines are down or broken respectively.

got a U2U from a Nomad wanting to donate to local families in need. You can PayPal donations to me at mike@fleming.cc, mark them a "gift" so there's no commission. I will call Saul Davis who will make up food packets & distribute them right away. We did this after Jimena when things were desperate and it worked well, many tears of thanks were shed. If you want a receipt please include a mailing address.

Director, Mulege Student Scholarship Program
Oasis Rio Baja #M-3, & Auburn, CA
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-20-2012 at 11:40 AM

http://colectivopericu.wordpress.com/2012/10/20/autorizada-l...

Hot Dog sales authorized again in La Paz, but not yet in Mulege, San Carlos and Comundu.

La Paz, BCS-The Advisory Council of the State Commission for Prevention Against Health Risks, with support in the results of measurements and laboratory tests announcement from Friday afternoon lifting the ban on the sale of food on public roads in the five municipalities of the state.

The State Commissioner of COEPRIS, Mario Garcia Isais, said that during the three days we stayed the ban, no cases of acute diarrhea or severe stomach infections, nor are reports of more infections or respiratory effects on the skin, however reiterate the call for people to extreme measures of personal hygiene in the preparation and consumption of food.

He confirmed that in the past seventy-two hours-long ban for selling food on the streets 127 warnings were issued statewide business owners who opened, which were not sanctioned because immediately suspended their activities .

The suspension ordered food for sale has been raised from the evening of Friday except for the area of ​​Ford Street to Tenochtitlan, in the town of Peace and held in Puerto San Carlos, municipality and Comondú Village Mulege, Mulege Township, where environmental conditions are inadequate and there is evidence of sewage runoff.

The decision, said Dr. Mario Garcia Isasis, was taken into the Council of the State Commission for Prevention Against Health Risks, with support in the laboratory tests, in the past three days, indicating the appropriate environmental conditions.

Reported that in the three-day suspension of all food sales in public benefited from the receipt of public support to open their business reports, by warning that closed, a task in which municipal authorities helped.

The State Commissioner COEPRIS, insisted that although environmental conditions have improved, people must take care of your health, maintaining personal hygiene and hygiene in the preparation and consumption of food.

Finally COEPRIS said staff in the five municipalities maintain surveillance and analysis of environmental conditions and supervision on the premises to verify the quality of the products.
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 01:57 PM

Thanks to the two Nomads who donated $100 each. I got eh PayPal notice just now, & called Saul Davis to make up food packets right away with the $200.

For anybody else who wants: PayPal to mike at fleming dot cc (not dot com, just cc) and click Personal, Gift to avoid commission on the donation.
Thanks a million, Mike

EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-21-2012 at 06:17 PM

I went out to run some errands and came back to another $350 in donations,
Pot is now up to $550 and Saul is assembling food packets for the needy to distribute tomorrow.

Thanks to all who have contributed from Cabo to Canada!!!!

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 06:03 AM

the road from the border to mulege is perfect

no problems at all

the place between santa rosalia and mulege is a 5 foot dirt area
...nothing

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
baja09

thumbup.gif posted on 10-22-2012 at 06:21 AM
roads

Thanks for the report , Bob And Susan..good to have first hand info!...........have a friend heading to mulege wed am...good to know..

A+P......... PILOT........Baja Sur Lover
mulegejim
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
the road from the border to mulege is perfect

no problems at all

the place between santa rosalia and mulege is a 5 foot dirt area
...nothing

Thanks for the update - heading north from Mulege Tuesday AM. Will post a report if any changes. Jim
EngineerMike
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-22-2012 at 10:58 PM

Another $175 came in today. total is up to $725 and packets started going out today.
Thanks to all, and to all a good night.
Mike

Pages:  1  ..  11    13  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.