8pm still raining with lots of rain here on the bay in mulege

and it DARK!!!

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Estrella
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 07:17 PM
Our prayers are with you

To everyone struggling and wondering through this long dark night in the path of Hurricane Paul our thoughts and prayers are with you.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 07:40 PM
Ciudad Constitucion

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
baja09

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 07:54 PM
storm reports

Bob and Susan..thanks for the timely reports....much appreciated

A+P......... PILOT........Baja Sur Lover
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 08:06 PM

Again. Luck--- and hope everyone is safe. Went thru two while working in Los Cabos about 9 years ago, and they're no fun. Prayers.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 08:22 PM

usually does not take too long to get the roads open.. couple of days...but if the fuel loads from Santa Rosalia are disrupted gas could be a problem. If I don't here otherwise in a week or so, my plan is to buy extra fuel in El Rosario.

Quote:
Originally posted by msteve1014
Quote:
Originally posted by rts551
Quote:
Originally posted by RedBear
Planning a trip south (Abreojos) in the next few days and need to know what the road conditions are like and how things look in town. Can anyone let me know? Hopefully the house held up to this storm.

Also hoping to get any news about conditions in Chivato and whether the storm left any damage. Russ any news on the house? Thanks for any information you can share & see you soon.

I would wait until the power is back on. Last I heard from Abreojos, it was raining, hard. They were speculating about the road being washed out between there and Campo Fisher (that happened last tropical storm when the water sheets across the desert on its way down to the Laguna). then the power went out. I would also wait until I knew that fuel was available.

We are on our way down Friday, or a day or two later now. Hope to hear some positive reports in the next few days. Good luck neighbors. See you soon.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob and Susan
my prediction...in 2 hours its over...

the north gets a pass...this time

still lots of water and rain at 4:40pm

Its still moving up the west coast although weakened to tropical storm strength. Hope all is well Punta ABreojos to Bahia Tortugas.
BajaBruno
Super Nomad

Mood: Happy

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 08:36 PM

This is purely for technical interest, but interestingly the latest NWS bulletin has Paul completely disassociated from the convection that has hit the east coast of Baja and sitting in Mag Bay with a guess of 50 knot wind speed. It is expected to travel north along the west coast, dissipating fairly rapidly.

All th best to you affected by this storm.

Christopher Bruno, Elk Grove, CA.
gallesram
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 08:58 PM

NOAA shows the hurricane passing to the west of Mulege; maybe they have been spared a direct hit?

Hurricane Paul.gif - 23kB
gnukid
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 09:07 PM

Emergency: No Hotdog sales allowed in the streets of La Paz

In response to the storm Paul the Mayor of La Paz has announced that selling Hot Dogs in the streets is illegal to reduce traffic during the storm?!@#

http://colectivopericu.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/cancelan-ven...

Cancelan venta de Hot Dogs en La Paz

La Paz, BCS-The Municipal Council meeting on civil protection Tuesday morning, October 16 due to Hurricane Warning "Paul", the municipal government reiterated the call for citizens to not passing in the streets unless it is strictly necessary, the Mayor of the city, Ponce instructed Esthela areas of public safety, public services, public works, urban development that signaled the most critical roadways to warn motorists and pedestrians, as they are not permit release of any business activity in waterways as fords and in coordination with the Ministry of Health, in the case of food stalls.

Although the effects of the hurricane forecast rains are not only in the municipality of La Paz, the capital of the state, the main damage is on rural roads and, according to report public and public safety services since Monday night, have monitoring trips made.

The DIF and other areas in coordination with the State Government now has more than a dozen shelters, brigades, support food and mattresses.

The mayor reiterated her call, Esthela Ponce, as voiced in the State Civil Protection Council, that in these times people shelter in their homes, for the lowest number of passing vehicles to avoid delays for motorists, calling that adopted Governor Marcos Covarrubias for a safer population.

The mayor gave precise instruction to different fields coordinated by the General Secretariat and the direction of urban development to not allow any activity in washes, and vehicle sales, or food because despite the controversy with other levels of government and the illegality of such merchants, pose a risk to people in public health and safety, "there are already detecting several health circumstances that we can not explain, we have a health crisis, and intestinal diseases have broken out and we want to ask all the support people, "he said.

DIF La Paz reported having ready shelters throughout the municipality and transfer staff to cater to shelters if needed.

Afternoon tours are conducted in rural communities in Pocitas, Puerto Chale, Santa Rita, Todos Santos, El Pescadero and others.

The session totaled SAGARPA, the pentathlon militarized vehicles and items offered for transportation to shelters.

The mayor, convened meeting on Wednesday at 9:00 in the morning and reiterated that once past the rains will feed back the clean, urban image, patching and reencarpetado.
motoged
Elite Nomad

Mood: Gettin' Better

[*] posted on 10-16-2012 at 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by gnukid
Emergency: No Hotdog sales allowed in the streets of La Paz

In response to the storm Paul the Mayor of La Paz has announced that selling Hot Dogs in the streets is illegal to reduce traffic during the storm?!@#

Oh oh....hotdog hijack :(

Don't believe everything you think....
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 03:57 AM

wed oct 17th around 5am

i can see stars...a few clouds

it WINDY...maybe 30mph

we are completely surounded with water...
good thing we built up

the cement is dry from the wind
the wind is NOISY

still dark for 2 more hours

looks like it broke into two pieces last night
one to the mainland and one north and to the pacific

[Edited on 10-17-2012 by Bob and Susan]

paul3.jpg - 39kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
Russ
Elite Nomad

puzzled.gif posted on 10-17-2012 at 04:23 AM

Now I am totally confused!
Now eebmike is showing Paul West of us predicted to go over Abreojos. What was that we had yesterday?
:?:

[Edited on 10-17-2012 by Russ]

Bahia Concepcion where life starts...given a chance!
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 06:07 AM
Wierd

I don't ever remember seeing a hurricane split into 2 cells like Paul did. The rain which preceded the hurricane seems to have moved across and the Hurricane/TS is still chugging up the west coast. Prayers to all those affected I know the Nomad community will help in any way we can.
Bob and jane
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 06:37 AM

My internet is working again this morning in Loreto. The rain stopped about 5 p.m. yesterday. At 6 we took a drive. Of the 4 or 5 boats left in the darcena, one had sunk, just the bow showing. Very angry, muddy waves crashing up over the breakwater. Families out taking photos. The new shade sail on the malecon was torn and flapping in the strong winds. Crowds were gathered at the river, too, watching the muddy torrent sweeping to the sea. We thought it was very impressive until the woman next to me showed me the photos she had taken an hour earlier. The river had actually come over the banks on the north side and deposited debris clear into the area where the tianguis (Sunday market) is held. Her pictures were incredible. I hope all the rancheros upriver are okay. The canyons will all be scrubbed clean when we go exporing this winter. We didn't see very many tree limbs or palm fronds in the roads. Quite a few downed wires near the river. That was scary. I've heard no news of casualties. The power is on, the internet works. We have no city water right now. I wasn't planning on watering anyway.......
Hope the worse anyone has to deal with is mud and potholes.
Beachgirl
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 06:50 AM

Bob and Jane - Thank you thank you for the update. Glad to hear you have internet. Any news at all re Mulege? Anything?
bajajudy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 06:55 AM

POOF
We lost internet and cell phone service yesterday afternoon. Also no long distance calls.
I wake up this morning to bye bye Paul.
We had more rain than we have had since they built the bridge. Water from bank to bank in the San Jose arroyo.
Hope everyone is ok!

[Edited on 10-17-2012 by bajajudy]

lawnday

Mood: time to paint....

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 07:08 AM

8.00 a.m. electric and internet back on line...winds 25 mph from the south, light rain, the storm is located 20 miles due south from town (according to my vecino, jose) going to have a look around town.....highest wind speed last night 40 to 50 mph.................... steve
Eli
Super Nomad

Mood: Some times Observing, sometimes Oblivious.

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 07:10 AM

I also lost Internet up here in Los Barriles, but I did have T.V. satellite service.
A friend who was suppose to come home yesterday didn't has she couldn't get out of La Ribera.
School was cancelled yesterday, but I just heard one of the grand-kids leave just now, so it must be on today.
Light breeze, blue skies, puffy white clouds out my window.
The road down the hill from our place is a little washed out, bet a car can make it down without to much problem, bet I walk my bike down it for a while.
I figure it was a small price to pay for one more investment in green for Baja after so many years of no rain.
shari
Select Nomad

Mood: there is no reality except the one contained within us "Herman Hesse"

[*] posted on 10-17-2012 at 07:15 AM

Wooo Hooo....the internet is back on and everyone still has a roof!...we lost internet about 3 yesterday and cell phone service but the electricity has stayed on which was nice for mopping up water and telephone are still working fine.

Here in Asuncion, we had winds of about 30 knots..maybe some higher gusts and very hard rain for many hours last night. The sky is still very dark but it isnt raining and the wind is about 18 knots looks like from the southeast.

It could be the worst is over now which would be nice. I wonder how Mula is doing this morning? Listening to the radio, things werent as bad as expected but you can bet on many roads being washed out for a couple days.

It was interesting realizing how much we depended on internet images of the storm to calm our nerves...with no satellite images and nomad reports, we were alot more worried about the unknown trajectory of Paul...so we did some more prep for serious wind and rain....nice it's back on now and still have power.

I hope everyone is fine with minimal damage especially our amigos in Mulege.

for info & pics of our little paradise & whale watching info
http://www.bahiaasuncion.com/
https://www.whalemagictours.com/
 Pages:  1  ..  6    8    10  ..  14

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.