Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Blockade of road north of Pescadero
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 03:34 PM

Also, for the record, the father did not only shoot the victim, he also took him into the monte and dumped him while still alive. The young man also suffered more injuries than just the pellet gun shot wound. He would probably have got away with the crime if he hadn't got his truck stuck when disposing of the body. When caught, the father tried to claim that he thought the victim was an intruder in his home and shot him without knowing who he was. This was a brutal act that has shocked the community.
Petey
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 04:15 PM

I've heard from a couple of people that the alleged murderer turned himself in Sunday night and is in jail in La Paz. I've heard a variety of versions of what may have happened, but they all include other injuries (such as a heavy beating with golf clubs before the shot) including preplanning. Haven't heard it was merely a surprised, enraged reaction, nor that the shot from the air-gun was the only wound. One hears a lot around these parts though, so take it for what its worth.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 04:50 PM

Sorry if my post irked you, monoloco...another person asked if anyone had read what was in the paper. That's what was in the paper. Not that I believe everything I read in the paper, God forbid, but until then no one was offering up any insider information. Apparently you have knowledge the rest of us aren't party to....so it would seem that the whole story is far more convoluted than first reported.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 10-31-2012 at 10:41 PM

Latina, I am not "irked" at anyone, I am just saddened by this senseless act that left a young man dead and two families devastated.
latina
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 07:17 AM

It is without question a tragedy for the families and your community.
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
What kinda of cathlic sicko are you ?? that is normal the world over !!! turn off your TV & set down your bible and look out side..............GET A GRIP !!!

Not Catholic. BUT I DO have a grandaughter, and if some sleazy 19 year old kid seduced her, and I caught him, I don't know if I could restrain myself from bringing serious hurt to him.. Sex does make the world go round, but I think the age difference at this time of their lives is a little much. It is obvious that you have never had a beautiful little girl around to be the joy of your life. If you condone this type of conduct by young men, with little girls, then YOU'RE the sicko and I wouldn't want you even in my neighborhood. Guys like these are the ones we have to protect our children from. I find it hard to blame her father.

I yam what I yam and that\'s all what I yam.
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by watizname
Quote:
Originally posted by captkw
What kinda of cathlic sicko are you ?? that is normal the world over !!! turn off your TV & set down your bible and look out side..............GET A GRIP !!!

Not Catholic. BUT I DO have a grandaughter, and if some sleazy 19 year old kid seduced her, and I caught him, I don't know if I could restrain myself from bringing serious hurt to him.. Sex does make the world go round, but I think the age difference at this time of their lives is a little much. It is obvious that you have never had a beautiful little girl around to be the joy of your life. If you condone this type of conduct by young men, with little girls, then YOU'RE the sicko and I wouldn't want you even in my neighborhood. Guys like these are the ones we have to protect our children from. I find it hard to blame her father.
The kid was not "sleazy" and the girl was sixteen or close to it. It's a different culture here and it's not unusual for fifteen and sixteen year old girls to enter into relationships. He was a very nice young man and didn't deserve to be brutalized and left to die in the desert.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 04:55 PM
WOW !!

I guess it never crossed your mind that maybe she suduced him ?? and I have raised daughters..and I dont know enough of the story to make a judgement !!! but your slinging your BS pre judgement towards me says volumes !!! have another shot !!! and Have A GREAT DAY !!!! K&T
tiotomasbcs
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 05:10 PM

My friends tell me the young man brutalized was well liked and working to move up in his world! Life and love here in the country means lots of 16 years get pregnant and are usually accepted into family and the children are loved!! The locals love Novelas and sex for all our kids is forefront in TV, Movies, & music in all our lives--Mexico & US. Sad Story that plays out in many ways. This will not stop the passion & lust of our youth but violence is not acceptable! God Bless us All. Tio
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-1-2012 at 08:36 PM

Apparently the girl's father didn't have the same cavalier attitude towards his daughter that you guys do. If he was 19 and hitting on a little girl who was "16 or close to it", {no matter how thin you cut it, it's still 15} he is definitely sleazy, in my book, looking for an easy mark. I still find it hard to fault the father. I think that it is especially nasty of you captkw to call her integrity into question, since by your own admission you don't know all the facts. I certainly don't, and all I was saying that given the same situation, I'm not sure I would be able to restrain myself.

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 03:37 AM
YOU have a social problem watzisname !!!

Have you been in a box your whole life ??? Girls get horny Too !! And this is The last response too your BS..Read the posts from the nomads that know this guy and girl !! I am not on/scene or privey to the stiuation...But when a whole village comes out and closes a road down in protest !! I will go with backing the major population...that this kid of whatever age (dosnt matter) was savagelly killed..and NO his age is not the issue!!!so stand on you soapbox and yell at anyone driving by ...but for me I'm rolling up the window !! BTW local folks do not close down the road without good cause...get a GRIP !!! K&T:cool:
monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 07:19 AM

Quote:
Apparently the girl's father didn't have the same cavalier attitude towards his daughter that you guys do. If he was 19 and hitting on a little girl who was "16 or close to it", {no matter how thin you cut it, it's still 15} he is definitely sleazy, in my book, looking for an easy mark. I still find it hard to fault the father. I think that it is especially nasty of you captkw to call her integrity into question, since by your own admission you don't know all the facts. I certainly don't, and all I was saying that given the same situation, I'm not sure I would be able to restrain myself.
I'm sure the Taliban would agree with you.
Mulegena
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 07:41 AM

May healing come to the village and the heart of the young woman
who lost what may have been her first love. May she recover to love again.

Tonight I'll go to the panteon here in Mulege.
I have no family buried here, but a couple of friends.
I'll take food and flowers and place them on a grave.
I'll reflect on loved ones who have passed on:
my mother and father, my great-aunt, Stan from Asuncion so recently.
I'll light a candle for this young man's soul.

Its my prayer that we all learn to live peacefully.

"Raise your words, not your voice. It's rain that grows flowers, not thunder." ~Rumi

"It's the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~ Aristotle
watizname
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-2-2012 at 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by monoloco
Quote:
I'm sure the Taliban would agree with you.

I think you have it backwards Monoloco. The Taliban would kill the girl by stoning or a shot to the head, and the boy would be congratulated.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.