Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  4
Author: Subject: Baja cactus
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 10:37 AM
Baja cactus

Do they allow dogs? We might stay there on Mon night. Also a contact number would be great.

[Edited on 11-17-2012 by mooose29]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 11:09 AM

If you must bring a dog (small?) into the room, Antonio asks you to please not allow it on the bed. Now, it has been quite some time since this was asked before... so you could alway just telephone the front desk and ask. If there isn't an English speaker (or Antonio) available when you call, try back during a different shift (unless you speak Spanish, of course).

The Baja Nomad direct phone line using a U.S. phone number is 619-694-1082

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Marla Daily
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 11:23 AM

Yes they allow dogs. We always stay in room 108 because it is closest to the parking lot for letting the dogs out in the middle of the night if they need to go outside. The room has 2 king beds. And we bring in our dog beds, Remember to print out your Baja Nomad ID to get the hotel discount—a very nice thing for them to do!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 11:41 AM
WHAT IS BAJA CACTUS, YOU ASK?

For those who haven't stayed or stopped by... it is just past the Pemex station in El Rosario, and just before Mama Espinoza's restaurant and motel... for only about $40 a night, perhaps one of the finest motels anywhere (U.S. or Mexico):

Here are some photos of our room at Baja Cactus, El Rosario...

All beds king size, American custom made mattresses, pressure boosted water system for showers, satellite TV with English and Spanish channels, in room phones and can dial to anywhere in the world, in room coffee maker, complimentary shampoo, conditioner, hand creme, dimmer light, ceiling fan, heating and AC, Internet, 24 hour staffed lobby, security cameras in parking areas...

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-17-2012 at 11:00 PM

Nobody asked.....

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
mooose29
Nomad

Mood: All Smiles

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 12:11 AM
Thanks

Thank you David appreciate the info.

[Edited on 11-18-2012 by mooose29]
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 12:58 AM

Yep Dogs. Brought 2 last year. And just so everyone knows, the bathrooms at the gas station next door are officially certified as beyond usable. Clean and sanitary. Great job.

[Edited on 11-18-2012 by Ateo]

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by mooose29

You are very welcome!

Nobody asked, but I know there are thousands reading this forum who either are not registered, or do not post... some are shy or just don't want any confrontation with the bullies of the Internet. Baja Nomad is the source for the latest Baja travel details... and that is why I post travel details here, even when not asked.

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 10:05 AM

Stayed at the Tourist Motel once and was not impressed. So, Cactus is the only game in town -- if you choose El Rosario.

Downside: Even for the hard of hearing, trucks coming down the grade are heard at night. Add semi's idling at the Pemex next door making this a borderline endeavor.

No complaints about Baja Cactus itself.

An dog-OK options: San Quintin.
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
Stayed at the Tourist Motel once and was not impressed. So, Cactus is the only game in town -- if you choose El Rosario.

Downside: Even for the hard of hearing, trucks coming down the grade are heard at night. Add semi's idling at the Pemex next door making this a borderline endeavor.

Bummer that the Turista Motel has fallen in quality... we found it an excellent back up to when the Baja Cactus is full, and have stayed at the Turista two times...

We don't stay in the room at Cactus closest to the road (201), after I stayed there in 2004 and did hear the trucks... never been bothered in the others... (of course I was solo in '04, and maybe sleep better with Baja Angel?). I also like upstairs if available, since we don't get up early on vacation, and you do hear people walking about in and dropping things if you are below early risers.

Thanks for the feedback Lee... what was the issue at Turista (and have you stayed at Mama Espinoza's, Sinahi, or Baja's Best in El Rosario)? Mama's and the Sinahi would be used only in an emergency in my opinion... and Baja's Best is probably the nicest being a Bed & Breakfast and we did see the rooms that Ed has for rent... very nice.

dtbushpilot
Ultra Nomad

Mood: Tranquilo

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by mooose29

You are very welcome!

Nobody asked, but I know there are thousands reading this forum who either are not registered, or do not post... some are shy or just don't want any confrontation with the bullies of the Internet. Baja Nomad is the source for the latest Baja travel details... and that is why I post travel details here, even when not asked.

I know David, I was just bustin your chops in my usual smarta$$ way. Most of us (myself included) much appreciate your informative posts.;D:yes:;D

"Life is tough".....It's even tougher if you're stupid.....
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 10:57 AM

I know David...no worries amigo... Bummer we missed you in Los Barriles last July when we stopped for a late lunch with Bajatripper!

Lee
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 11:00 AM

I've only stayed at the Tourist Motel once. Had friends staying in a different room. Should have checked their room out but didn't.

Quality is what Baja Cactus has: nice size rooms, sheets, bathroom with good water pressure, and firm mattress. Tourist seemed to have worn sheets (though it was newly opened), and a very small bathroom. It felt typical of MX motels.

I've not seen the rooms at Baja's Best but will ask Ed for a showing. Sinaih only in an RV and would not stay there otherwise. I'll check out the rooms at Mama's next time through.

David -- thanks for promoting Baja Cactus. Nice places need our business.

Did ask Antonio once for ''David's Room'' and it was a very nice room. Forget the number
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 11:10 AM

LOL... 'David' likes 202 the best, but any room at Baja Cactus (even the original rooms) beats any other place in town.

There was mold under the bathroom sink at Mama's (Ken Cooke showed me, and he has only stayed at Cactus since)...

Ed's has a nice B & B... but is is pricier than the motels.

Bajahowodd
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 04:57 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lee

Bummer that the Turista Motel has fallen in quality... we found it an excellent back up to when the Baja Cactus is full, and have stayed at the Turista two times...

We don't stay in the room at Cactus closest to the road (201), after I stayed there in 2004 and did hear the trucks... never been bothered in the others... (of course I was solo in '04, and maybe sleep better with Baja Angel?). I also like upstairs if available, since we don't get up early on vacation, and you do hear people walking about in and dropping things if you are below early risers.

Thanks for the feedback Lee... what was the issue at Turista (and have you stayed at Mama Espinoza's, Sinahi, or Baja's Best in El Rosario)? Mama's and the Sinahi would be used only in an emergency in my opinion... and Baja's Best is probably the nicest being a Bed & Breakfast and we did see the rooms that Ed has for rent... very nice.

Of course! Never quite understood why folks make El Rosario a stopping point on long North/ South journeys.

Totally agree with Lee that, as a physical plant, Baja Cactus is excellent.

However, foe a number of years, we have chosen to stay in the San Quintin area traveling in both directions. Just a greater choice of good hotels (Jardines #1), and restaurants.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 05:22 PM

Quote:
WHAT IS BAJA CACTUS, YOU ASK?

For those who haven't stayed or stopped by... it is just past the Pemex station...

they ever finish remodeling the pemex banos or hire a janitor to scrub those filthy banos? :?:

by the way, the answer to DK's questions is: OK fallback alternative if not staying at catavina hotel :spingrin::spingrin:
BajaNomad
Super Administrator

Mood: INTP-A

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mtgoat666

they ever finish remodeling the pemex banos or hire a janitor to scrub those filthy banos? :?:

From Pompano in April:

When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
– Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel

We know we must go back if we live, and we don`t know why.
– John Steinbeck, Log from the Sea of Cortez

Affordable Domain Name Registration/Management & cPanel Web Hosting:
https://www.regionalinternet.com
reneske
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 06:56 PM

The problem with Baja Cactus is that there is really no place to eat, at least that we like. We prefer Jardines in San Quintin. They take dogs and they have a great place to eat right next door. I guess it is just a matter of preference.
mtgoat666
Select Nomad

Mood: Hot n spicy

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BajaNomad

WOW!!!!! BANOS FIT FOR A KING!!!! TAJ MAJAL OF EL ROSARIO!!!! 9TH WONDER OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!
Motoman

[*] posted on 11-18-2012 at 07:18 PM

I've renamed the Cactus the Diesel Motel as that is what you hear at night coming down the hill when you stay there. If traveling north better to stay at Jardines. Better rooms, Garden of Eden surroundings and a 4star restaurant next door. Jardines is a quality oasis in a sea of Baja funk. Cactus is just a place with decent rooms next to the highway and the Pemex station.
 Pages:  1    3  4

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.