BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Tecate to Rosarita Highway 2 Safe?
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

Mood: Paz, Amor, y Tacos de Pescado

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 02:07 PM
Tecate to Rosarita Highway 2 Safe?

Hello,

I have only taken the highway from Tecate to Ensenada. I have never taken highway 2?

I appreciate any information.

I am meeting a friend at Apple Bees in Rosarito tomorrow then heading down to Ensenada for a few days. Is that mall in Rosarita easy to find?
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 02:42 PM

Well crap, I just read the Tecate/Leatherman post. I keep 2 gerbers now I guess I must leave them. They are the most handy fishing tool I own.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 02:53 PM
cororado dude

just put in the trunk !! I've been bringing down knifes,leathermens,flare guns and never a issue !! but I dont cross at tecate any more !! K&T:cool: and learn to say "yo pescador" and throw up your hands !! works for me !! K&T:cool:
bajadock
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 03:00 PM

I have crossed north at Tecate 8 times this year. Never had a problem. Have driven Mx2, Blvd 2000 and Mx3 without incident.

Applebees, Home Depot, Walmart is at the northwest intersection of Toll Rd and Scenic Rd with big signs that are ez to spot. But, a Colorado Dude MUST be able to find better food than Applebees in Rosietown, right???

TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 03:11 PM

Oh for sure. That is just the meeting point then it's straight to Ensenada for some fish tacos! I do find it funny that alot of locals in Hermosillo love IHOP and Apple B's.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 03:28 PM

actually that applebees has a beautiful bar and some of rosarito's cutest waitresses working there. is your plan to leave a car there?
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 03:46 PM

No, just picking up a friend that lives in TJ and heading down to Ensenada for the weekend.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 03:51 PM
willardguy

thanks for the tip !!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 06:10 PM

Make sure you use the FREE road west from Tecate, not the toll road... IF you are going to Rosarito or points south (on the CORREDOR 2000).

The Free Road (Mex. 2) is four lanes and several miles shorter to the CORREDOR 2000... only a few signals.

The Toll Road (Mex. 2-D) is a few miles longer overall.. and was about 8 dollars for the short distance!

The CORREDOR 2000 (formerly BLVD. 2000) is a FREE 4 lane highway that takes you to the Free Hwy. 1 at Popotla, just south of Rosarito. Access onto the Ensenada Toll Hwy. was not completed at my last visit... so you simply drive south of the free road and pop onto the toll road about 8 miles south (Puerto Nuevo-Cantamar).

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 06:14 PM

I appreciate that info thanks
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Make sure you use the FREE road west from Tecate, not the toll road... IF you are going to Rosarito or points south (on the CORREDOR 2000).

The Free Road (Mex. 2) is four lanes and several miles shorter to the CORREDOR 2000... only a few signals.

The Toll Road (Mex. 2-D) is a few miles longer overall.. and was about 8 dollars for the short distance!

The CORREDOR 2000 (formerly BLVD. 2000) is a FREE 4 lane highway that takes you to the Free Hwy. 1 at Popotla, just south of Rosarito. ...........Access onto the Ensenada Toll Hwy. was not completed at my last visit... .....so you simply drive south of the free road and pop onto the toll road about 8 miles south (Puerto Nuevo-Cantamar).

At this time, there are no plans to build an access ramp from Corridor 2000 to the toll road southbound or northbound.

You can get on the toll road at the south end of Rosarito or drive the free road south to the on ramp at Cantimar. The on ramp at Puerto Nuevo is still closed.

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-28-2012 at 06:28 PM

or just take the free road all the way to la fonda, stopping at each watering hole so you're tuned up by the time you reach ensenada!:biggrin:
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 06:27 PM

91 pesos seems silly but it was getting dark so I took the toll road. Not sure why anyone would take that. Uneventful through tecate except blowing thru a stop sign in the middle of town. The people around me had to think gringo loco o que chingon. Stopped once and they took my pillows. I guess you can't have down pillows in Mexico. All true except for the last part.

Thanks for the tips
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 06:32 PM

any reason why you blew thru that stop sign?

doradodan
Nomad

Mood: boracho

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 06:52 PM

got shook down for 20 bucks when I hit TJ, that was years ago, but still won't use that route.

\"The time spent off the water, I\'m thinking of ways to get back in\"
TheColoradoDude
Nomad

[*] posted on 11-29-2012 at 07:00 PM

Jajajaja! I Wish it was that. I was looking for it. This time it was the sun directly behind the stop sign. Made my eyes think it was not there.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.