Printable Version  
Author: Subject: SCORE Announces Ruling In Baldwin Against Vildosola Protest
Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

Mood: Its Pole Line Road time

thumbup.gif posted on 11-30-2012 at 10:43 PM
SCORE Announces Ruling In Baldwin Against Vildosola Protest

link

SCORE has completely reviewed all available evidence relevant to the Trophy Truck class protest submitted by #97 BJ Baldwin against #21 Gustavo Vildosola, Jr.
The protest alleges that the #21 race vehicle performed a pit service on the highway in violation of SCORE rules within Speed Zone 4 on Highway 5 south of Puertecitos.
A video indicates that a black pickup truck with two male occupants moved directly in front of the #21 race vehicle on the highway and one of the occupants crawled out the sliding rear window and into the open bed. This person reached out and made physical contact with the #21 race vehicle in order to manipulate the front lightbar by using both hands with the intention of adjusting it upward into the correct position. This person then attempted to adjust the lightbar upward with a metal leverage tool.
The #21 Vildosola race team responded to these allegations by stating that the black truck and its occupants were not associated with Vildosola Racing, but could have been fans trying to help out.
SCORE is unable to conclusively determine whether the black truck occupants were in fact associated with the pit support team of Vildosola Racing, but this issue is not relevant to a resolution of the protest.
The issue to be resolved is whether the #21 race vehicle received a pit service from the black truck occupants by allowing and accepting their actions. Receiving assistance from spectators, fans, locals, and other pit teams has always been a part of SCORE Baja racing, but such assistance must be performed within the rules.
SCORE believes the video provides sufficient evidence to conclude that the #21 race vehicle allowed, accepted and received a pit service on the highway. The SCORE rulebook defines a pit service as any service performed on the race vehicle. Therefore, attempting to adjust a lightbar is a pit service. The fact that the pit service in question may have been unsuccessful, and therefore accomplished nothing, is irrelevant.
Since the 2009 SCORE Baja 500, three competitors have been penalized 90 minutes each for pitting on the highway, so in accordance with this past precedent the #21 race team will be penalized 90 minutes.
The 2012 Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 Trophy Truck results will be adjusted and finalized as follows:
1 - BJ Baldwin - 20:00:59
2 - Mark Weyrich - 20:14:48
3 - Ryan Arciero - 20:37:46
4 - Dan McMillin - 20:38:25
5 - Steve Strobel - 20:39:05
6 - Andy McMillin - 20:43:41
7 - Bryce Menzies - 21:08:03
8 - Gustavo Vildosola, Jr. - 21:15:00
9 - Nick Vanderway - 21:43:38
10 - Sergio Salgado - 21:52:29
11 - Pete Sohren - 22:37:20
12 - Juan C.Lopez - 22:56:36
13 - Tim Herbst - 23:32:23
14 - Cameron Steele - 23:52:42
15 - Jose Flores - 24:07:18
16 - Rob MacCachren - 24:31:49
17 - Jimmy Nuckles - 24:44:28
18 - Armin Schwarz - 31:06:16
19 - Mike Voudouris - 36:32:47
20 - Jay Reichert - 38:16:24
21 - Chris Kemp - 39:48:38
22 - Glenn Greer - 43:21:28

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 10:53 PM
The race video

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 10:55 PM

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 11-30-2012 at 10:55 PM

:bounce::biggrin::bounce::biggrin::bounce::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::bounce::bounce: now lets move on, 35 days till DAKAR!!!!!
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 10:17 AM

The sad part is, he didn't need those lights to win and it wasn't dark, so the next pit stop could have done it... muy stupido!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DianaT
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 10:24 AM

Makes one wonder who did not get caught cheating :yes:

willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 10:25 AM

the sad part is, tavo actually thought the off road community was gullible enough to be believe that BS story he made up about the mysterious fan in the F150 with the #21 on the back window!
Ateo
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 10:28 AM

That's gotta hurt! Tarnished.

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 11:12 AM
BJ Baldwin issues a statement [12/1/12]

...This has nothing to do with America vs Mexico. And please no more bashing the Vildosolas. They broke a rule and got penalized. They are a great family and I enjoy competing against them as do my fellow Trophy Truck racers. In over 15 years of racing, one rule infraction does not make them cheaters so let's try and show a little more respect. Again thanks to my friends, family and fans for all of your support on the enforcement of this rule. Especially the large number of Baja fans that had my back on this. To Tavo and the Vildosola team I have a great amount of respect for all of you and I cordially invite you to the Best In The Desert Parker 425 for a friendly duel in the desert. In light of recent events I think many of our fans would like to see us compete against each other head to head. Believe it or not if I haven't already been in the race truck for 16 hours, and already driven 1020 miles, I'm actually quite the speedy driver ;-) I am keeping my fingers crossed and I hope you accept the challenge. Have a nice weekend my friends!

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cooke
...This has nothing to do with America vs Mexico. And please no more bashing the Vildosolas. They broke a rule and got penalized. They are a great family and I enjoy competing against them as do my fellow Trophy Truck racers. In over 15 years of racing, one rule infraction does not make them cheaters so let's try and show a little more respect. Again thanks to my friends, family and fans for all of your support on the enforcement of this rule. Especially the large number of Baja fans that had my back on this. To Tavo and the Vildosola team I have a great amount of respect for all of you and I cordially invite you to the Best In The Desert Parker 425 for a friendly duel in the desert. In light of recent events I think many of our fans would like to see us compete against each other head to head. Believe it or not if I haven't already been in the race truck for 16 hours, and already driven 1020 miles, I'm actually quite the speedy driver ;-) I am keeping my fingers crossed and I hope you accept the challenge. Have a nice weekend my friends!

Nice comment from BJ!

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Ken Cooke
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 11:25 AM
BJ Baldwin explains his side of the story

Barry A.
Select Nomad

Mood: optimistic

[*] posted on 12-1-2012 at 12:14 PM

I think that is a great interview with Baldwin-----his response was spot-on and gentlemanly----------and I support him completely on this one.

Barry

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.