Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: medical problem
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 07:14 PM

Not to scare you, but... Hernia repair is a relatively simple operation, and is not regarded highly in surgeons circles. Often delegated to young surgeons without much experience. For this, or for some other reason, there is a high percentage of patients with long term complications, especially with groin Hernia - or whatever is medical term for that one. People are having pain years and years after, even though before the repair they had no pain.

I don't recommend going to just "any" emergency. Do your homework and go to somebody specialized in this field, and/or to a hospital with a good established Hernia team.

Again, if hernia is causing you "severe problems" like you say, don't waste any time. Twisted guts (strangulated hernia) may kill you.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 07:33 PM

why does HE get a HERnia
and SHE gets a HIStirectomy?

seriously, get it fixed.
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 12-15-2012 at 08:03 PM

wishing you the best care and recuperation.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
Alm
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 12:26 PM

About recuperation - sure, get better soon, but you can't speed it up. The repair takes an hour or less, you are discharged - usually - same day. I did it in Shouldice Canada, they use a different approach and patients stay 3 days. Anyway - if it's a groin hernia, you will barely be able to walk same day and you will have difficulties walking and driving for the next few days. Consider a few days stay somewhere and/or arrange for driving or flying back home.
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 12:53 PM

I assisted with many hernia operations in Hospital Militar in Ensenada, most were elective and the patients reuperated just fine.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 12:55 PM
Ensanada doc quix ??

Hola,,what in under 5 words are the worst pateints ???
EnsenadaDr
Banned

Mood: Move on. It is just a chapter in the past, but don't close the book- just turn the page

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 01:02 PM

Doctors!!! (and nurses), but the worst patient I had as a nurse was a lawyer!!
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 01:03 PM
Go figure..LOL

EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 01:10 PM

Yeah, everything I did he wrote down, sort of makes you feel nervous.
captkw
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 01:19 PM
Humble teachings

One after noon I was working on a nice yacht's motor and saw the owner walking down the dock..he said hi as he climbed on board and I briefly gave him the rundown on his motors and advice on followup.... after about 5 mins I stop and grinning say to him " you doc's have it easy,,only two models two work on....female & male"...and go back to working on the motor..waiting for a reply..after a good while he say's " yes,, your right !! But I have to repair them while their running "" I have never forgot that statement !!! K&T

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by captkw]

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by captkw]
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 01:21 PM

Ha Ha that's really funny!! Thanks for the joke, KW!!
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

Where did Dennis rank?

.... just stirring the pot ....

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by Skipjack Joe]

Retireded
Nomad

Mood: Wishin' I was Fishin', Oh, I am!

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 03:29 PM

To all who replied, THANK YOU! I left for the border yesterday morning and by 7 last night woke up in a recovery rm. at Sharp, Chula Vista. Great hospital in EVERY way. and I think Hugh Hefner must be their personnel director. I'll probably be heading home to Sauzal tomorrow, depending on time of discharge. Thanks again all.
ps. I'm going to drive the same route when feeling better. I think my wife may have missed a few of the bumps in the road. lol
EnsenadaDr
Banned

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 03:33 PM

Dennis was never my patient but he appears to be the model patient now following up with all schedule appointments and tests in the States.
Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Quote:
Originally posted by EnsenadaDr

Where did Dennis rank?

.... just stirring the pot ....

[Edited on 12-16-2012 by Skipjack Joe]
bajaguy
Elite Nomad

Mood: must be 5 O'clock somewhere in Baja

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 03:44 PM

Retireded....glad to hear all is well and that you found Sharp,
Great hospital and great staff!!!...........

Speedy recovery and Merry Christmas!!!

greybaby
Nomad

Mood: Missing Baja

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 10:20 PM

My advice would be to get to San Diego - especially since you have Medicare.
Lived in Ensenada for 6 years but saw enough to know that I wanted my medical care North of the border.
Retireded
Nomad

Mood: Wishin' I was Fishin', Oh, I am!

[*] posted on 12-16-2012 at 11:34 PM

Thanks Bajaguy,
I read your first response suggesting Sharp while recuperating. My wife rushed me out the door before I was able to receive any replies, crossed at Otay, and this was the first hospital we saw so we took a chance. It sure turned out great. I don't have words to praise this place highly enough. I'll be leaving for home in the morning confident that I've received the best treatment available. The staff are all great, the doctors seem to know what they are doing, even taking time to listen to the patient, unlike I was accustomed to in Wa State. While still working and enrolled in Group death, I mean Gropu health, I actually walked out on one doctor and made another appointment specifying I did not want to deal with her anymore. A few months later, she was no longer there.
It sure would be nice to meet some of you folks in person. After I recuperate, I'll be looking for someone to fish with. Just bought a Ocean kayak set up for fishing and dying to give it a try... I'll probably start somewhere between La bufadora and a few miles North of Ensenada. Been trying in the surf with no luck, not too surprising as I never tried surf before last month.
Anyway, time to get some sleep. I'll catch you another time.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.