Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  
Author: Subject: MULEGE offroad Races
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 12:04 PM
MULEGE offroad Races

Mulege in Motion AC is holding another benefit.

The annual Mulege Offroad Races will be held the Sunday the 27th of Jan. in the valley. This event draws hundreds of spectators. Quads will be added since we got a great turn out for recent race. Quads will lead off at 11am. There are car clubs coming from Santa Rosilita and Loreto. At least 15 motos are signed up, 7 baja bugs and an assortment of rails, samaris etc.

On Saturday, under the bridge, there will be a car show and race vehicle tech inspection and a carne dinner for 50 pesos.

There is also a raffle for a 2007 Joyner, which is a 650cc mini buggy. I've ridden in this buggy and it is fast and fun.Tickets are 100 pesos and 500 will be sold. u2u me if you would like a ticket or drop by.

Entry is free and it has been a great time the last few years.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 12:07 PM

Is this a drag race or a desert off-road race?
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 12:15 PM

desert off-road race

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 12:21 PM

How long, map of course or any other info, and I will see if we can make it.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 12:56 PM

The track is being built now. It is 30km long, includes steeps, water and back roads. I May be able to map it.

correction to above .... Saturday Dinner is from 6 pm to 9pm with music and cold beer. Inspection of race vehicles is still 11 to 4.

update .... there are now over 40 motos and over 20 cars registered to race. Race entry is free.

rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 01:16 PM

Thanks
BajaOkie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 02:42 PM

Count me in - let me know if you need any help.
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-15-2013 at 02:51 PM

Yes, please help with the flyers and get "killer" to buy some raffle tickets.

Also, if there is anyone in Loreto or SR who is willing to pass out flyers, u2u me and I will send a pdf.

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 02:41 PM

Just got back from pre running the course with 3 quads , a moto and a bug. Course is well marked and offers everything from sand to rocks to hills and water. Should be a blast! Over 40 motos are signed up, over 15 quads and over 26 cars and trucks.
confirmed - course is 30km
update - quads and motos start at 10am, not 11am.
ribbons are up, course is marked, start finish signs up.
official pre run is Sat at 11am, timing will be available, but you can run the course anytime.

directions _ go straight out ice house road approx 5miles from Paola's Market, start is by the cow road grate., pipes across road thingy. When you pass the orange groves, take the second right and continue straight. Marks are beibg added Wed from Paolas west. Purple ribbon.

The benefit dinner on Sat is from 6 till p, under the bridge and over 300 tickets have been sold. The raffle tickets are going fast, get yours now.

This will be a fun event and is raising money for those in medical need. So, as a spectator or racer, come on out!!! Sunday 10 am to 4pm +

Suggest you come early to grab a spot along the course, bring plenty of cold beverages. There will be limited food served at the race as well as a Tecate tent.

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-22-2013 at 02:58 PM

BajaOkie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 11:44 AM

Update,

Just heard the Ice House Road is marked from the concrete/materials yard all the way to the cattle grate at Rancho El Porvenir - BUT the markers are bright lime green. A lot of talk in town about the races should be big. More later.

KC
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 05:46 PM

The photo of EL BUZO, above, is a cool picture. Wish I was there.

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 07:00 PM

thanks sf and handsome, that was from the last baja mil.
We passed out flyers today and the town is excited!! Many motos pre ran today and saw 2 class 7 trucks doing prep work, a sportsman class bug applying netting and a few 1600's tuning up. Should be a great turn out of racers and spectators.
quads will do 1 lap, motos 3 laps and cars will do 4 laps for a full day of racing.

BajaOkie
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 03:41 PM

The little bit of rain we have had will help knock down some dust. I heard the activities under the bridge on Saturday start at 1:00 rather than 11:00. Is that right? Either way we'll be there.

KC
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 04:19 PM

did you get rained out? it poured here last night
willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 07:00 PM

The rain just compacted the dust. Just got back from the under the bridge festivities, great music and carne asada. The party is just beginning. Photos later tonight...

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-26-2013 at 08:09 PM

Things got off to a slow start, but around 6, the music grew loud and the people were pouring in. The carne was very tender, salsa very fresh and the beer was very cold. Tomorrow will draw a huge crowd, come early. It will be an all day event, starting at 10am and running to late afternoon.

The trophies are lazer cut and powder coated heavy metal and are very cool.

One hombre almost got wet. Fix those brakes Sid!

Father and son team

The dude

Sr. Ken

future racer

Happy Jorge

Doctor practicing surgery procedures

Quads were pre running all day

the raffle buggy

he'll have a motor next year

her new puppy

a happy couple

twilight

willyAirstream
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2013 at 10:40 AM

The race drew a huge crowd and many racers. So many that the start was delayed, what a surprise. The benefit raised some much needed funding for "Mulege in Motion AC". It was a great turn out of over 60 motos, about 30 quads and about 16 cars. There will be another offroad Race in May of at least 30k. The car clubs from SR and Loreto promised to bring more cars, next time, now that race is "more professional".

Ist pic below is the winner of the mini buggy. The Penguino [sp]Family of the market by the triangle in town.

Below is Alex and his son. Both placed in the top third.

Check my blog later today for more pics, including pics of Mulege's most popular bartender.

Sweetwater
Senior Nomad

Mood: chilly today hot tomale

[*] posted on 1-28-2013 at 10:43 AM

Another foot of snow here.....looks like a great time.......thanks for the update and wonderful pics.....

Everbody\'s preachin\' at me that we all wanna git to heaven, trouble is, nobody wants to die to git there.-BB King
Reality is what does not go away when you stop believing in it. -Philip K Dick
Nothing is worse than active ignorance. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe(1749-1832, German writer, artist and politician)
When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I\'ve never tried before. - Mae West
Experience is what keeps a man who makes the same mistake twice from admitting it the third time around.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-28-2013 at 04:18 PM

great turnout. next weekend races in Bahia de Los Angeles
 Pages:  1  

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.