BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5
Author: Subject: Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here. Updated for 2019
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 05:56 PM
Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here. Updated for 2019

June 2019 Update:

To post photos from your Pictures folder on your computer...

Go to www.Postimages.org, make an album if you want to organize your photos to find them easily in the future (by date or by subject). No cost to use Postimages.org.

Change the upload setting from "Do not resize my image" to 640x480 (recommended for forums) or 800x600 (max. on Nomad). You click on the little arrow to see the size choices.

Click "Choose images" and select the photos you want to put on Nomad from your Pictures folder.

Click on the image you want on Nomad and click on "Share" at the top of the screen.

Choose "Hotlinks for forums" (down next to the last one). You can click the little box at the right end of the link and it is now saved on your mouse.

Go to Nomad and paste that link onto the place where you are typing on Nomad. You can put text in below the photo for a caption for your post and if you double space between photo links (for clarity), you can put several photos and captions in a single post on Nomad. You can click "Preview" on Nomad to check and see how it will look before posting to the board.

If you need to fix a post after it is done, click on "Edit" along the edge of your post, and change or delete your post. If you edit more than once, you can delete the previous Edited on tags so only one edit tag will appear after you edit the post.
==============================================================

[Edited on 3-5-2022 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

captkw
Ultra Nomad

Mood: new dog/missing the old 1

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 06:08 PM
ROO ROH !!

Thanks DK, Now I'm running out of excuses !! LOL ! :spingrin:.K&T:cool:

[Edited on 1-19-2013 by captkw]
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 08:42 PM

There still should be a much easier way. I don't do well with directions nowadays. Very little patience.

Should just be an upload photo button and voila it pops up.
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 09:01 PM

This should read How to upload pictures from Photobucket. I already upload my pictures to Picassa and don't want to repeat the process. If anyone knows an easy way to upload from Picassa, I'd love to hear. In the meantime, I'll just pics to my albums.

monoloco
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-18-2013 at 09:31 PM

It's a PITA having to upload photos to a hosting site to post them on this forum.

[Edited on 1-19-2013 by monoloco]
weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 1-19-2013 at 05:49 PM

On the other hand it saves us from having to wade thru a bunch of bad photos.
Ron_Perry
Junior Nomad

Mood: yearning for baja

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 07:37 AM

Ok David, help a brother out...again. I edited a picture from 4320 X 3240 and 3.19mb to....791 x 594 and 291kb.
Am I in the neighborhood? Is this right?...I have failed so many times in the past I am shell shocked and afraid to fail again.
David, THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!....over the years. Ron
Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 07:49 AM

actually everyone that uses windows has a resizing program called "paint"

it degrades pictures

just resize until its under 50k
then upload

if you dont know what size it is just right-click the picture and hit properties
you will see the size
reduce it until it's below 50k

its pretty easy

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Bob and Susan]

bnsize.jpg - 47kB

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 08:20 AM

Test-Paint

Rio-Scorp Bay 2012.jpg - 43kB
Ron_Perry
Junior Nomad

Mood: yearning for baja

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 08:22 AM

I'v changed the pixels to 791 x 594...is the problem the 291kb? Thanks, Ron
P.S. Don't hate me for being an computer idiot!

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Ron_Perry]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron_Perry
I'v changed the pixels to 791 x 594...is the problem the 291kb? Thanks, Ron
P.S. Don't hate me for being an computer idiot!

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by Ron_Perry]

Good Morning Ron,

Where are the photos hosted? If on Photobucket then use their resizing tool when uploading, and it only changes the visual size and not quality as the Paint method does (which also limits you to saving it on Nomad and allowing just one photo per post).

If you want to host the image on Nomad and show just one photo, then it must be reduced to less than 50kb. That can be a chore and you want to make sure you do that to a duplicate of your photo and not ruin the original.

If you want the photo to be higher quality, host it on another web site such as photobucket.com, choose the upload options feature to resize the photo to 800 pixels wide max. or best at 640 pixels wide. When you move your mouse over your photo (in your photobucket album), a pop up will appear with links to use. Pick the IMG link for posting on forums (BajaNomad, etc.).

Paste the image link here, where you type on Nomad, add a caption, double space between photo if you have more than one to show.

If the photo is on another web site and there is no pop up set of codes, then copy the image url which you can find with your mouse and the properties feature (the url begins with http:// and ends with .jpg or other code), come back to Nomad where you are posting a message and click the button above the message box that looks like a photo, this one:

and a pop up will appear where you insert your photo's url.

If it is on another website, then it is likely already sized to not distort the web site's page (ie. under 800 pixels wide, in the case of Baja Nomad). You don't need the photo button if your image is already tagged [img] and [/img], as is the case with Photobucket's IMG link for your photos.

Practice!:light:

[Edited on 1-20-2013 by David K]

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

Bob and Susan
Elite Nomad

Mood: Full Time Residents

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 10:47 AM

davidk...kinda of advanced don't you think...

don't you think someone should walk BEFORE they run:o:o

our website is:
http://www.mulege.org
bajario
Nomad

[*] posted on 1-20-2013 at 09:25 PM

The paint program was easy. Thanks for the heads up.
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 09:08 AM

Wanted to give it a try.
Los Barriles May 2012
bajafreaks
Nomad

Mood: No Bad Days !!!

[*] posted on 1-21-2013 at 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Excellent Photo and sized to 800 pixels... good job!

Thanks David, believe me if I can do it anyone can do it.
FYI- There is a newer version of Phototbucket if someone is new to that site but theres also a option on the main page allowing you to go to the "original version" which is like yours and McFez's explaination. Its near the top small print in blue.
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-23-2013 at 10:27 PM
Good info post David

However...................

If you the user is still at a lost how to post a picture......

Email it to deno@gigo.com (that's me)

I will re-size it for you ....or post it for you

All charges will be sent to DENNIS ;)

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2013 at 08:00 AM

The following image is in one of my Picasa albums. When viewing the photo in your album select:

Link to this photo

The size you want (this is 800 pixels)

The image only checkbox

Copy the "Embed image" URL to your Baja Nomad post.

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces.

I would bet all the major cloud based photo sharing applications have this functionality. The important aspect is to get the URL that has the jpg or gif extension so it displays using the BB markup codes used by Baja Nomad. I don't know if the png extension works here.

[Edited on 1-24-2013 by SFandH]

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
SFandH
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2013 at 08:15 AM

For those who haven't used graphics editors before and want to, I recommend the following software. I've been using it for about 15 years, professionally before I retired. It has all the functions you need and is inexpensive. Good software IMHO

Paint Shop Pro

Want to adopt a mellow Baja dog or cat? - https://www.facebook.com/bajaanimalsanctuary/
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 1-24-2013 at 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
The following image is in one of my Picasa albums. When viewing the photo in your album select:

Link to this photo

The size you want (this is 800 pixels)

The image only checkbox

Copy the "Embed image" URL to your Baja Nomad post.

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces. ...

This button (located in the row of buttons) above where you type a new post on Nomad, automatically adds the IMG and /IMG tags so a photo link will appear:

kevind
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 09:12 PM
Guajademi area photos

In 2012 a friend and I spent 10 days driving through this area.
Here are some images.
 Pages:  1    3  ..  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.