BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2    4  5
Author: Subject: Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here. Updated for 2019
Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 09:17 PM

Check one-two, one two:

Bajaboy
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 1-25-2013 at 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SFandH
The following image is in one of my Picasa albums. When viewing the photo in your album select:

Link to this photo

The size you want (this is 800 pixels)

The image only checkbox

Copy the "Embed image" URL to your Baja Nomad post.

Add [ img ] to the front and [ /img ] to the end, without the spaces.

I would bet all the major cloud based photo sharing applications have this functionality. The important aspect is to get the URL that has the jpg or gif extension so it displays using the BB markup codes used by Baja Nomad. I don't know if the png extension works here.

[Edited on 1-24-2013 by SFandH]

BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 12:49 PM

the worst is that with my old computer, there was a program that allowed one to automatically chenge the photo setting on the screen, then save both versions and then I would load onto bajanomad. I can't remember the name of the program and when the computer crashed -all was gone gone gone. It was absolutely brilliant.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.
durrelllrobert
Elite Nomad

Mood: thriving in Baja

[*] posted on 2-7-2013 at 09:51 AM
Now that we have settled that ...

How do you post an attachment? FAQ say you can do it but no instructions how.

Bob Durrell
mcfez
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-14-2013 at 11:31 AM

David...
I just upgrade the newer PhotoBucket....it actually MAY be much easier to use for the BN purposes here. Will do another IMAGE walk through....and have it here next week.

.....but I still liked the old version :-)

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Looks like the New Photobucket is in place and there is no longer an option to go back to the 'Original Photobucket' (at least for me, this evening).

So, the 'how to' from me, and images that McFez gave us are out-dated. Like other new things, I am not liking the additional effort to make a photo fit on Nomad... but maybe they will bring back the 'Upload Options' feature?

Now, once again: Nomad web page frame is 800 pixels wide. If you don't resize, the standard width is just over 1000 pixels, and you will need to scroll off to the right to see the whole photo, or shrink the size of Nomad and squint!

HOW TO RESIZE PHOTOBUCKET PHOTOS FOR BAJA NOMAD WIDTH:

1) Place your mouse arrow on the thumbnail photo in your Photobucket Album, a gear symbol will appear in the photo thumbnail to edit (or select edit for the photo if already there).

2) Click EDIT and let photo load on the page that appears.

3) Above photo, click RESIZE button (above photo).

4) Width and height values are shown with a padlock between them. The padlock is there to insure you don't distort the photo when you change one of the values (it 'locks' the width to height ration to remain correct).

5) If the photo is over 800 in width, replace the figure with 800, 640, or other smaller size. No need to change the height figure, it changes automatically. Photos that are already smaller can be made bigger, as well. The quality may be reduced when enlarging, but not when shrinking.

6) Click Apply and Save (if you check the small box provided you can replace the original, over-size photo with the Nomad-friendly photo, otherwise you will have both sizes in your Photobucket album).

====================================================

If I find that there is a Upload Options (so all photos will re-size when uploading from your PC) or if Photobucket adds it, I will share it. Until then, new photos added to your album will need to be individually edited if they are over 800 pixels in width.

McFez is good at posting the appearance of the page, hope he can show you!

Old people are like the old cars, made of some tough stuff. May show a little rust, but good as gold on the inside.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-8-2013 at 06:40 PM

For those that permanently keep their photos on photobucket, permanently saving the photo resized to a lower resolution may reduce image sharpness and color rendition. You may want to keep a back-up at home for when the majority of internet users catches up with the capabilities of our cameras or you have another use for your photos. Notice I said may, since the reduction in clarity will be dependent on many factors.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 06:13 AM

Yes. The rule is - never discard the original file that came directly from the camera.

All improvements or modifications should start with that file.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 07:19 AM

I always save originals to discs...lots and lots of discs..

I may contact Ripley's to see if I qualify as a record holder of photo discs. ;D

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 07:55 AM

or save the file to another folder that is just for nomads instead of replacing the original
tripledigitken
Ultra Nomad

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 02:04 PM

Quote:
........ They are uploaded from my PC, where the originals are and remain unaltered.

What backup do you have for the original files on your PC? Disks, cloud, portable hard drives? At around $100-$150 for 1T portable hard drives are cheap.

Ken

David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 3-9-2013 at 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by tripledigitken
Quote:
........ They are uploaded from my PC, where the originals are and remain unaltered.

What backup do you have for the original files on your PC? Disks, cloud, portable hard drives? At around $100-$150 for 1T portable hard drives are cheap.

Ken

Hi Ken,

I have a portable hard drive I put all my photos, maps, etc. into...

fyi...

Roy and Blanche dropped by today for a surprise visit... some really great photos from their recent trip to the mainland...

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 12:10 PM
Test

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo353/captuglydan/Sherpa%...
BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 12:27 PM

[img][/img]
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 12:41 PM

Too big.. reload, after selecting 800 or 640 on the Upload Options.

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 12:43 PM

I recognize the Huerfanito sign... where is this, El Huerfanito (Nacho's)?

BeemerDan
Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 01:02 PM

Hi David, I did the resize thing you said to 640 before I posted the pic, Thats the back of Cowpattys, I can see the whole pic on my netbook which is what I'm using, maybe thats the problem? As you know I'm about the most ignorant computer user here! When I get better at this I'll post my ride report.
Thanks for the help.
Dan
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 01:32 PM

Looks fine on my 3 year old notebook (17 inch) which goes to show you don't need an oversize monitor :no::no: just good resolution on your screen. DavidK's photos are too small to fill my notebook screen. But I think we have been through this a hundred times before.
rts551
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 3-16-2013 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by BeemerDan
Hi David, I did the resize thing you said to 640 before I posted the pic, Thats the back of Cowpattys, I can see the whole pic on my netbook which is what I'm using, maybe thats the problem? As you know I'm about the most ignorant computer user here! When I get better at this I'll post my ride report.
Thanks for the help.
Dan

No..you probably just have resolution set to 1280 by 800 which is probably the recommended resoluton for your screen and allows you to view pictures with more clarity than the lower resolution David is recommending. Pictures will look smaller on your screen if you resize them for Nomads.
BajaRat
Super Nomad

Mood: Ready for some salt water with my Tecate

[*] posted on 7-28-2013 at 08:26 PM

Test test

Well that wasn't so bad............. We're in trouble now :P

[Edited on 7-29-2013 by BajaRat]
bufeo
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 7-29-2013 at 08:27 AM

Is it still possible to post photos using the thumbnail version? I haven't attempted to post any pix in a long time, but I ran across a few of Baja in the late '60s and early '70s that may be interesting.

I don't store my photos on any web site.

Allen R
 Pages:  1  2    4  5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.