BajaNomad
Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1    3    5
Author: Subject: Because there are new members still not finding the how to add photos here. Updated for 2019
chippy
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 9-8-2013 at 12:16 PM

test

[Edited on 9-8-2013 by chippy]
twgracing
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 09:54 AM

test

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by twgracing]
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by twgracing
test
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OMTAZVN1dx4/Uoznruj_gaI/A...

This needs to be wrapped in Image Tabs [img] and [/img] on each side of the photo url without spaces...

You can use the button just above your posting box to insert the photo url and the tabs will get added automatically. Here is that button:

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by David K]

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

twgracing
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by David K
Quote:
Originally posted by twgracing
test
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-OMTAZVN1dx4/Uoznruj_gaI/A...

This needs to be wrapped in Image Tabs [img] and [/img] on each side of the photo url without spaces...

You can use the button just above your posting box to insert the photo url and the tabs will get added automatically. Here is that button:

[Edited on 11-20-2013 by David K]

Thanks David K!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 10:23 AM

The pleasure is mine... Thank you for sharing your Baja trip with us!!!

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 01:17 PM

Any progress on adding an "attach file" button where files (photos) can be directly added from a persons computer without having to go though PhotoBucket?
The "attach" feature on here now presents a photo that is so small as to be worthless.

One site that comes to mind is Bloodydecks. I can "attach" a file directly, it does not really care what the size is, seems to accept any size I throw at it.

Same with other sites I use.....just "add files, attach and bingo!!!
Nomads makes me have to go through multiple steps, via outside sites, to do the very same thing.

Udo
Elite Nomad

Mood: TEQUILA!

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 03:41 PM

It does not do any good to complain or compare to other sites when one is on Nomad.
This is Doug's baby, and things may take a while to change...all it takes is some cash.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali
Any progress on adding an "attach file" button where files (photos) can be directly added from a persons computer without having to go though PhotoBucket?
The "attach" feature on here now presents a photo that is so small as to be worthless.

One site that comes to mind is Bloodydecks. I can "attach" a file directly, it does not really care what the size is, seems to accept any size I throw at it.

Nomads makes me have to go through multiple steps, via outside sites, to do the very same thing.

Udo

Youth is wasted on the young!

weebray
Super Nomad

Mood: lleno

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajario
There still should be a much easier way. I don't do well with directions nowadays. Very little patience.

Should just be an upload photo button and voila it pops up.

I totally agree. I just listed a car and got harassed for not posting a picture of it. I have little time or patience for spending half a day doing some IT guy's job. The 27 step process just bestowed on us is about 26 steps too many.
DaliDali
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 11-20-2013 at 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Udo
It does not do any good to complain or compare to other sites when one is on Nomad.
This is Doug's baby, and things may take a while to change...all it takes is some cash.

Quote:
Originally posted by DaliDali

I was not complaining sir.....I just wanted to know if progress is being make, as has been mentioned before, that the owner is in the process of making these changes.

The reference to another website is only for a comparison....it can be done!!

Katiejay99
Nomad

Mood: it is what it is

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 03:29 PM

Hey David K: Great advice. I found out recently when I tried to change my avatar here using my Photobucket account, the IMG link did not work. I had to copy it to Notebook and then cut out everything except the following:

http://i411.photobucket.com/albums/pp194/katiejay99/horse_21...

All the rest of the link did not work. So with putting up an avatar on BN, you need to only use the equal of what I put above.
Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 03:38 PM

Perhaps we could provide a tutorial on how to use Google Earth and download images and posting them.

Perhaps David K (horses neighing) could do that.
Pompano
Elite Nomad

Mood: Optimistic

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 04:28 PM

Lord, forgive me...for it's the Super Bowl madness in me.

[Edited on 2-2-2014 by Pompano]

I do what the voices in my tackle box tell me.
willardguy
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2014 at 04:33 PM

:lol: oh lord....you cant stop him, you can only hope to contain him!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2014 at 01:09 AM
Screen Images and Google Earth on Nomad

Here are the steps...
Note: edited to show the easiest Google earth saving along with how to save any other web image off your screen...

1) Zoom into the area you want to share on Google Earth... so you are looking at what you want to show here on Nomad.

2) On top left of Google Earth, click File, click Save, click Save image.

3) In the pop up, choose a file location (Save in) and a File name, click Save.

Your unedited Google Earth and PC window image is now in your folder, where you can crop it with your photo editor (double click on thumbnail image). Crop it to show just the part of the saved screen view you want to show, and maybe do an auto-adjust to improve the way it appears.

Now, open your Photobucket album where you want to save GE maps for Nomad posting and upload it (remember to first set the upload size option to 800 pixels max) following the instructions at the start of this thread.

Other screen images you want to share here:

1) Go to the web page screen image... so you are looking at what you want to show here on Nomad.

2) Press the 'Print Scrn' key (mine is just to the right of F12 on the top row of my keyboard).

3) Click on 'Paint' (Click: Start, All Programs, Accessories, Paint)

4) Click 'Edit' (on the top of the Paint window)

5) Click 'Paste'

6) Click 'File'

7) Click 'Save As'

8) Create a File Name, and 'Save as type' change to JPEG using the down arrow next to the type. Click SAVE.

Now, open your Photobucket album where you want to save the image for Nomad posting and upload it (remember to first set the upload size option to 800 pixels max) following the instructions at the start of this thread.

[Edited on 2-3-2014 by David K]

Skipjack Joe
Elite Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2014 at 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Skipjack Joe
Perhaps we could provide a tutorial on how to use Google Earth and download images and posting them.

Perhaps David K (horses neighing) could do that.

Actually I was referring to ...

BajaKeela
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 6-12-2014 at 06:47 PM

Hope this works..This is my Mexican rescue
Barbareno
Nomad

[*] posted on 6-13-2014 at 06:30 AM

What a beautie.
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 8-14-2014 at 07:00 PM

Hi David, am in Oaxaca now trying to post vacation photos. I have sort of gotten semi literate doing this with my computer, but I don't have it with me. I have a relatively new to me iPad, and a Photobucket ap. nowhere on the ap can I find the gear symbol to resize. Perhaps this function is now available with this ap? Any more suggestions?

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
Neal Johns
Super Nomad

Mood: In love!

[*] posted on 8-16-2014 at 10:11 AM

For those that only want to post 1 or 2 pics, I use the free version of Light Image Resizer at http://www.obviousidea.com/windows-software/light-image-resi... To get rid of the several second in the free version, buy the Pro version.

Set the Options as per the example below:

ScreenShot013 (Copy).jpg - 48kB

My motto:
Never let a Dragon pass by without pulling its tail!
David K
Honored Nomad

[*] posted on 8-16-2014 at 01:31 PM

Thank you Neal. No matter how you do it please respect Nomad and don't exceed the 800 pixel width here. 640 is large and 800 is full width on Nomad.

Pages:  1    3    5

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.