Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 1-31-2013 at 08:05 PM
A Short Loreto Adventure Tourism Video

Nicely done!

Hopefully, Doug will imbed this, so it shows properly. :yes:

<http://vimeo.com/57546454>

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

Mood: bewildered

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 10:06 AM

Nice! A lot of beautiful images of a beautiful area.

My $.02 input is that for me, and perhaps most other older eyes and brains, I would prefer slightly fewer images in favor of seeing each one a little bit longer. The "strobe" effect of so many, so fast, was a little distracting.
Perhaps it's directed at brains more used to video game speeds?!
If so, consider that they may have the money someday, but they don't have it yet.:lol:
Heading south on Monday, and looking forward to spending several days in Loreto.
Can't wait!!
onemoreplease

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 10:45 AM

Perhaps it's directed at brains more used to video game speeds?!
If so, consider that they may have the money someday, but they don't have it yet.:lol:

I think you might not understand just how much cash video games make.
MM3 just came out a few months ago... over 500 millon in 4 days. lol.
ya, more than any movie ever made. google it.
guess who is making these games??? kids and young men 18- 35

that said, I also think it was too fast...
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-1-2013 at 10:36 PM

Oh yes, I know that the games make a ton of money, heck, even a popular phone app can make a fortune!

And I also know that the new wave of moguls are a bunch of kids in skater clothes, but those guys aren't interested in taking a modest vacation in Loreto, doing a little kayaking and laying on a beach. At least I don't think that they are.

Look at the demographics of the Baby Boomers, who are retiring at a rate of something over 100,000 per day. We are in better health at our age than any other generation in history, we have lived adventurous lives and don't want to stop having adventures just because we're graying. At the same time, most of us have lost most of our retirement equity in the course of the last few years.
So, offer us an adventure, at a reasonable price, and we'll go for it.
IMHO, that is the market that most of Baja should be courting.
When I retire, which will be years later than I had hoped for, I will have virtually nothing but enough to buy a small casa, and to put some cash back to suppliment whatever remains of my SS account.
If that exists, and does so among a loose scattered group of fellow travelers, then show me THAT, and I'm ready to send off a deposit.
And, I think that much of that was in the Loreto video, but I'm not sure because of my slow mental refresh rate:P
Loretana
Senior Nomad

Mood: alegre

[*] posted on 2-2-2013 at 11:12 AM

Think of this as a tv commercial, guys, I imagine that is why it was produced in the first place.

We're a "pueblo magico" now, so Federal funding probably filtered down to the Secretaria de Tourismo Baja Sur to make it.

Personally, I love it! :dudette:

I'm sending it to as many friends as I can.....we need more tourists here in Loreto. :yes:

"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration."
-Nikola Tesla
Pacifico
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2013 at 10:00 PM

It put me in the mood for a Loreto trip!

"Plan your life as if you are going to live forever. Live your life as if you are going to die tomorrow." - Carlos Fiesta
Islandbuilder
Senior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2013 at 10:11 PM

Good point! It would work very well at getting someones attention and spurring them to do some research.
I was expecting a lot from a 30 second clip!
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-2-2013 at 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Islandbuilder
Look at the demographics of the Baby Boomers, who are retiring at a rate of something over 100,000 per day. We are in better health at our age than any other generation in history, we have lived adventurous lives and don't want to stop having adventures just because we're graying. At the same time, most of us have lost most of our retirement equity in the course of the last few years.
So, offer us an adventure, at a reasonable price, and we'll go for it.
IMHO, that is the market that most of Baja should be courting.
When I retire, which will be years later than I had hoped for, I will have virtually nothing but enough to buy a small casa, and to put some cash back to suppliment whatever remains of my SS account.
If that exists, and does so among a loose scattered group of fellow travelers, then show me THAT, and I'm ready to send off a deposit.
And, I think that much of that was in the Loreto video, but I'm not sure because of my slow mental refresh rate:P

check the home prices at Loreto Bay...down down down from the Kool-Aid days of 2006. I just bought a lovely small home here, at a great price, after eight years of living in the area and giving the development a snowball's chance in Baja of making it. never say never! as one of those aging Baby Boomers, I love having all the amenities. yes, I spent five years in a palapa on the beach...that was great, too, for what and when and who I was at the time. roughing it, or not, Baja and Loreto has something for everyone. oops, I let the secret out...

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
wprsly

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 02:50 AM

The video is a good short TV commercial.

We have booked a month long rental next fall at Loreto Bay. Very reasonable rent for a super nice villa!
rhintransit
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wprsly
The video is a good short TV commercial.

We have booked a month long rental next fall at Loreto Bay. Very reasonable rent for a super nice villa!

you'll like it here. drop by when you're in the 'hood.
ps you'll want a rental car if you aren't driving down

reality\'s never been of much use out here...
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 07:59 AM

Lots of the beach shots are of ensenada blanca and the water out front . The couple in the clip were wearing yellow wrist bans . Must be staying at the hotel there .

My place is about a 1/2 mile away with a big hill between us . :)
ncampion
Super Nomad

Mood: Retired and Loving it

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 11:46 AM

Anybody know where that old building with the rotting peir is in the first few seconds of the video???
LaTijereta
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ncampion
Anybody know where that old building with the rotting peir is in the first few seconds of the video???

That looks to be the "Saltworks" on the southend of Carmen..

Democracy is like two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.

Ben Franklin (1759)
ligui
Senior Nomad

Mood: love Baja !

[*] posted on 2-3-2013 at 02:28 PM

:bounce:
BajaBlanca
Select Nomad

[*] posted on 2-4-2013 at 09:33 AM

I loved the video - how spectacular ... I think the point is that you notice some images the first time. others the 2nd time. and so on.

The gud kayaking in the middle of the bay was a neat shot. I don't even kayak and it made me want to go.

Come visit La Bocana

https://sites.google.com/view/bajabocanahotel/home

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.