Not logged in [Login - Register]

Go To Bottom
Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: La Paz Dinner Tonight?
mirko
Junior Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2013 at 01:33 PM

I almost don't like to talk about the Platino screens at the theater since I can't find enough superlatives. The martini page alone on the menu is a full page. Idea of going to the movies, for $5, and being able to order crepes or lasagna is just decadent. We always go there when we are in La Paz. The chairs are way big leather recliners. Outrageous! Another plus is the new La Fuente branch downstairs from the theather.
Floatflyer
Nomad

Mood: Wet & Cold

[*] posted on 2-17-2013 at 01:53 PM

This is now getting rediculous! I have often seen the Cinemas and wondered about what they were like, just never had or took the time to check them out. I will now.

The additoinal recommendations from Alan is amazing. We have driven out to Costa Baja several time, yesterday am was one. Before we had a drink at the restaurant, and we have asked about "locals" rate to play golf. We always travel with or 27# fur child and that sort of stops us from playing. Now, if she could ride around on the cart, that would be a game changer.:yes:

We had heard that Azul Marina was a top restaurant before and had put that on our to eat list. The marina is one of our favorite walks when killing time. For that matter, we like La Panga at the other marina as well. So many choices, so difficult when trying not to gain weight, sigh.
David K
Honored Nomad

Mood: Have Baja Fever

[*] posted on 2-17-2013 at 02:07 PM

Sound like the V.I.P Cinema in Tijuana... drinks brought to you, during the movie! :yes:

"So Much Baja, So Little Time..."

See the NEW www.VivaBaja.com for maps, travel articles, links, trip photos, and more!
Baja Missions and History On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/bajamissions/
Camping, off-roading, Viva Baja discussion: https://www.facebook.com/groups/vivabaja

bajacalifornian
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-17-2013 at 02:42 PM

Ditto Tres Virgenes. Tell Jesse even Nomads are believing in Baja these days.

American by birth, Mexican by choice.

Signature addendum: Danish physicist — Niels Bohr — who said, “The opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth.
Jeff Petersen
rsadcock

[*] posted on 2-17-2013 at 03:01 PM
Estancia Uruguaya Restaurant

Guests staying in our Park ate at this restaurant last night and raved about the cut of beef that they had - said it was the best ever!

Quote:
Originally posted by Alan
So many choices that can't be experienced in one night or even one trip. Tres Virgenes remains my personal favorite and I am sorry to hear of your personal experience but I have yet to be disappointed in anything they have prepared there. Jesse and his staff are pure artists in my book. A few days ago when he saw I was there he sent over an abalone appetizer that was so delicious I can't even describe the flavors.

However if you prefer to explore elsewhere the following are all ones I can recommend with confidence in addition to those already mentioned:

Azul Marina - At Costa Baja, outdoor dining in the marina setting. Last year Margarita and Christine (owner/Chef) presented me with a Yellowtail Tartare topped with a dollop of caviar to start off my evening that was simply amazing.

Estancia Uraguay - On Revolucion. Possibly one of the best steakhouses in La Paz.

Corazon Cafe - Across from the Post Office has an excellent breakfast or light lunch and my daughter says their Honey Margaritas have been kissed by the honeybees.

The Golf Club at Costa Baja is a beautiful setting but I really like it up there to watch the sunset over c-cktails. Just drive up to the gate and tell the guard you are going to the restaurant.

For a unique (to me) experience I recommend catching a movie in the Platino theater at the Cinemex in the Mega supermarket complex. The theater is set up in pairs of leather recliners. After perusing the menu, simply push the button of the table next to you and the waiter will come to take your order for food and even c-cktails. For 70 pesos I think it is one of the best deals in La Paz and all the movies we have seen have been in English with Spanish sub-titles.
:tumble::spingrin::smug:

Roger Adc-ck

AquaMarina RV Park
Propietaria: Maria Luisa Valdez de Adc-ck
R.F.C. VALL-321031-LM2
Calle NAYARIT #10 y PLAYA
LA PAZ, BCS, MEXICO 23060
Tel: (612) 122 3761 Fax: (612) 122 3761
http://www.aquamarinarvpark.com
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2013 at 12:19 PM

An additional shout out for Palermo's Sunday Brunch.

The several times that I have been there for that, they had a very talented pianist playing classic popular music live on the baby grand piano in the dining room. The decor is very modern and expensive looking. Even the bathrooms were tiled and with the same decor as the dining room. No paper towels to dry your hands...warm rolled cloth towels.

I was/am impressed.

I will have to say that the very best meal I have ever eaten in La Paz was at Tres Virgines.

The very best meal I have ever eaten in Mexico, though, was a tie between Bogart's in Puerto Vallarta and Anderson's in the Pink Zone in Mexico City.

[Edited on 2-18-2013 by MitchMan]
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-18-2013 at 06:35 PM

Mike, when r u flying in?

In Memory of E-57
MitchMan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 10:07 AM

Hey Alan, landing at the airport on March 12.

Let's plan on some serious fishing. Maybe we can kiil em on Yellowtail again this March. Looking forward to using my new Avet and the X-Rap lures. Been watching the Tailhunter fish report. Looks like it's been a bit windy lately.

Fishing; it's all I can think about these days.
danaeb
Senior Nomad

Mood: groovy

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MitchMan

Palermo's has a superb Sunday Brunch. I always take my guests there for that.

The Baja Citizen usually has a coupon for Palermo's sunday brunch if you get there between 10am-noon. Only $100P/person up to six people. It's a great deal.

Experience enables you to recognize a mistake every time you repeat it.
Alan
Super Nomad

[*] posted on 2-19-2013 at 10:57 AM

Yes the winds have been an issue as of late and I think they are the only think holding back what could be a wide open bite. No worries. I fished out of Muertos 2 weeks ago even while the winds were up. Picked up a Yt and a couple really nice cabrilla around Perico. As the winds picked up we moved back into the bay itself and pulled out a dorado around 15# and even saw a marlin tailing within 200 yds of shore. Let me know if you need me to pick you up from the airport.

In Memory of E-57
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top

All Content Copyright 1997- Q87 International; All Rights Reserved.